Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I heard this today.

*For all the Shepherds out there.

Mary had a little lamb.
    She put it in a bucket.
    Everytime the lamb got out.
    The dog tried to.......

......put it back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

2 bronze medals for Ireland in the indoors in Glasgow. Some great races over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

whelan2 wrote: »
    2 bronze medals for Ireland in the indoors in Glasgow. Some great races over the weekend.

Were they televised?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Were they televised?

Yeah, on RTE and BBC all weekend.
    Mark English from Donegal and Ciara McGeehan from Down won Bronze medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

tanko wrote: »
    Yeah, on RTE and BBC all weekend.
    Mark English from Donegal and Ciara McGeehan from Down won Bronze medals.

Sky News referred to 'Mark English from Ireland'. I reckon that confused a couple of our neigbours
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Tb testing today, blooding for johnes and vaccinating for ibr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Keith Flint lead singer with the Prodigy, was found dead at this house this morning. One of the most influential bands of the 90's - RIP
    https://www.thejournal.ie/keith-flint-dead-prodigy-4522797-Mar2019/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR1WQA0gJ8jugJurJMTna4g2M_vJbpNp7Pb1G2HY9h40d01y1pXfV2JD5rI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Base price wrote: »
    Keith Flint lead singer with the Prodigy, was found dead at this house this morning. One of the most influential bands of the 90's - RIP
    https://www.thejournal.ie/keith-flint-dead-prodigy-4522797-Mar2019/?utm_source=facebook_short&fbclid=IwAR1WQA0gJ8jugJurJMTna4g2M_vJbpNp7Pb1G2HY9h40d01y1pXfV2JD5rI

Been subscribed to their youtube channel for a while. Bit of nostaglia l suppose. They've a massive Russian following which l was amazed by

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cold bitch of a day, squawly showers and didn’t see temp above 4c all day.

Stock that have access to field we’re waiting in the yard for meal, that’s only about third or fourth evening all winter they were in waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

_Brian wrote: »
    Cold bitch of a day, squawly showers and didn’t see temp above 4c all day.

Stock that have access to field we’re waiting in the yard for meal, that’s only about third or fourth evening all winter they were in waiting.

I let out some stock 2 weeks ago - think they'll be heading the other way soon:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I heard this today.

*For all the Shepherds out there.

Mary had a little lamb.
    She put it in a bucket.
    Everytime the lamb got out.
    The dog tried to.......

......put it back in again.

I'd say you'd like this if you haven't heard it already.

Ok, two more for the road.

Mary had a little lamb,
    She also had a duck,
    She put them in the shed one day,
    To see if they would...

....eat hay.

Mary had a little lamb,
    The doctors were astounded,
    Where ever poor Mary went,
    Gynecologists surrounded.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Mary had a little lamb,
    Her father shot it dead,
    Now it goes to school with her
    Between two bits of bread.

Mary had a little lamb,
    She tied it to a pylon,
    10,000 volts went up it's arse
    And turned it's wool to nylon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,253 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Seeing as how you are all in the poetry mood
    First heard this about 40 years ago may not have it exactly right

Down in the farmyard sitting on a brick,
    Is a dirty old farmer waving his...stick,
    At the boys over standing by the wall
    Learning to play with there.....
    Bows and arrows and weapons of war !

Along comes a young lady
    who walk like a duck
    Who says she has found a new way to ...
    Educate the children to read and to write.

If you this this ditto is dirty
    Your wrong

Slava Ukrainii

Panch18 wrote: »
    Why arent the police arresting these people? If that’s not trespass then I don’t know what is

I bet you if 200 of us went up and invaded the google buildings in dublin it wouldn’t be long before we’d be seeing the inside of a cell

And they're off. Some interesting footage of police moving the activists

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057961666/1/#post109589511

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭roosterman71

gozunda wrote: »
    And their off. Some interesting footage of police moving the activists

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057961666/1/#post109589511

Ya can't win arguments or talk to people who have no interest in it. Ya could present all the facts and figures ya like to these activists and it would be dismissed as propoganda from the industry, all the while they are spreading the propoganda of the vegan business groups. The irony is lost on people. Best to ignore and don't engage directly. Arguing with a fool will bring you to their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ya can't win arguments or talk to people who have no interest in it. Ya could present all the facts and figures ya like to these activists and it would be dismissed as propoganda from the industry, all the while they are spreading the propoganda of the vegan business groups. The irony is lost on people. Best to ignore and don't engage directly. Arguing with a fool will bring you to their level.

but remember if they're not challenged in a public forum like this it'll be assumed they're in the right etc.

Though there's good reason to point out the bull**** when it happens. Just this week had a poster on another thread claiming to wanting to find the 'truth' about beef farming and calling posters 'liars' etc. Turned out he had claimed he was a 'farmer' previously. A lot of whats happening now is organised attacks on actual farms and also directed at farmers on social media getting death threats etc. Not putting up with that ****e tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Anyone know what young farmer inspection entails? Have one tomorrow they want see my bank accounts Glanbia statements contractor statement n coming ask me qs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

marathon wrote: »
    Anyone know what young farmer inspection entails? Have one tomorrow they want see my bank accounts Glanbia statements contractor statement n coming ask me qs?

Proving that you're the boss
    That you decided which feed/fert to buy

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Proving that you're the boss
    That you decided which feed/fert to buy
    Just general farming questions then yea?

Just general farming questions then yea?

All they probably want to see is if your name is on the paperwork and not your father's or whoever.
    They want proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A friend and his son are in the middle of this, and son has applied for "top up" entitlements.
    They had an inspection before Christmas, and as well as the ysrd etc. the inspectors were very particulsr about cattle sales and what/who's account the money was lodged.
    As well as a random sales docket or two, they wanted the first snd last sales of the year.
    The farm bank account was scrutinised, and my friends personal account ( joint with his wife) was also examined.
    Then one inspector took out his personal phone and started taking pictures of the personal a/c bank statements.
    Friend objected strongly, asked about GDPR etc but was told that "they have the power".
    Things took a very chilly turn at that point, and the inspectors left.
    Friend took it up with IFA snd they were in contact with Dept.
    about abuse of powers etc.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    A friend and his son are in the middle of this, and son has applied for "top up" entitlements.
    They had an inspection before Christmas, and as well as the ysrd etc. the inspectors were very particulsr about cattle sales and what/who's account the money was lodged.
    As well as a random sales docket or two, they wanted the first snd last sales of the year.
    The farm bank account was scrutinised, and my friends personal account ( joint with his wife) was also examined.
    Then one inspector took out his personal phone and started taking pictures of the personal a/c bank statements.
    Friend objected strongly, asked about GDPR etc but was told that "they have the power".
    Things took a very chilly turn at that point, and the inspectors left.
    Friend took it up with IFA snd they were in contact with Dept.
    about abuse of powers etc.
    Did they get the payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not yet, unless it came in the ladt week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

How much is the payment? Is it seriously worth that kind of Anal probing?
    What is the Standard inspection criteria in other countries? Or is it Ireland only?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What is the Standard inspection criteria in other countries? Or is it Ireland only?
    68 odd euro a hectare. In fairness ur man on gone sounded fair he said not looking for anything other than prove ur in charge n not me da but I suppose tomorrow will tell how fair he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

68 odd euro a hectare. In fairness ur man on gone sounded fair he said not looking for anything other than prove ur in charge n not me da but I suppose tomorrow will tell how fair he is

I know a few that had this inspection over the last few years. Qs asked : Number of cattle, what cattle were bought/sold, when last cow calved last season, was it a bull or heifer, what are names of neighboring farmers. Wanted joint bank A/C details, co-op statements. If you’re farming the place you have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Mortelaro wrote: »

€68 per hectare for Young Farmer Scheme and National Reserve were giving entitlements worth €260 or bringing existing low value entitlements up to the €260 national average.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It should be as simple as a Revenue certificate from the taxman stating the business turn over and that the young farmer is operating the business and paying the tax

Who on earth decided to make it more difficult than that ?
    Nothing could give a more true reflection of who owns and runs the business than the revenue commissioners
    There should be a section on Ros and email it in

Honestly this country sometimes :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement