Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Suckler wrote: »

No subscription:(

Another reason to hate the rag!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reading must be done by the end date stated on the letter. We had to get the herd tested to be read read on Christmas eve because nobody wanted to test over Christmas and reading on Jan 2nd wasn't popular either.

Clear test this morning as well:)

We pushed the testing date out last year. By ten days. We always had tested in March and it was now coming due in February. Testi g next week. There was no problem doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I had my test read on Saturday. I've been working on it for the past few years to get it to this time of the year - it used to be just after Christmas, 2nd Jan as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭kk.man

KatyMac wrote: »
    I had my test read on Saturday. I've been working on it for the past few years to get it to this time of the year - it used to be just after Christmas, 2nd Jan as far as I can remember.

I moved mine this year too. When you move it ...is that the date set for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

kk.man wrote: »
    I moved mine this year too. When you move it ...is that the date set for next year?

Yeah, thats the date set for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

tanko wrote: »
    Yeah, thats the date set for next year.
    Afaik, it isn't. Each area has a defined test time and all the tests must be carried out during that time, 2 months or so. It's different with TB in an area alright but I think you will be restricted unless you test inside that time period normally?

Ours used have to be done before the end of November but it has to be done before the end of September now.

Might be one for greysides to sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Next thing you'll get a letter in the post announcing that your herd is now restricted, and even if it was an annual test that the Dept. would have paid for, now you must pay for it.
    ( Plus the usual Dept rider about losing part of your SFP, 25,000 euro fine, 6 months jail, or all of the above)

Never had any of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

_Brian wrote: »
    No subscription:(

Another reason to hate the rag!

Double standards much?. You give put when the farmer isnt fairly rewarded yet you hate when another company tries to make its way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

mayota wrote: »
    Never had any of that.

You might have to be 21 days late.

AVWebZE.jpg

fCLlHym.jpg

PS, its 250,000 Euro fine, not 25,000 euro!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Afaik, it isn't. Each area has a defined test time and all the tests must be carried out during that time, 2 months or so. It's different with TB in an area alright but I think you will be restricted unless you test inside that time period normally?

Ours used have to be done before the end of November but it has to be done before the end of September now.

By and large I think you're correct with what you say. TB in an area or on a farm can throw you off the general pattern of testing. I think you can bring forward a test to a time that suits you better in the hope it stays at that. But if a neighbouring farm goes down the follow-up testing can put you out again.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Double standards much?. You give put when the farmer isnt fairly rewarded yet you hate when another company tries to make its way?

I think charging for hard copy and online is pulling the plumb a bit.

It’s not like the hard copy for cheaper when they started charging for the site access.

PS, about that Dept. letter above, it was particulary annoying to recieve as I have no cattle on the herd profile since December 17nt!

Computer systems not talking to each other, me-thinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    I think charging for hard copy and online is pulling the plumb a bit.

It’s not like the hard copy for cheaper when they started charging for the site access.
    You get access when you buy the hard copy, probaby could get the password frm someone not using it

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    PS, about that Dept. letter above, it was particulary annoying to recieve as I have no cattle on the herd profile since December 17nt!

Computer systems not talking to each other, me-thinks :D

What happens if you don't have the €250000 to pay the fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

whelan2 wrote: »
    What happens if you don't have the €250000 to pay the fine

If you were a scrote they would send you to Mountjoy for ten minutes, tgen let you out with a meal voucher, a bus ticket and the debt written off.
    If you are a decent law abiding citizen they would badger you until you or yhey sold stock and assets to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Grueller wrote: »
    If you were a scrote they would send you to Mountjoy for ten minutes, tgen let you out with a meal voucher, a bus ticket and the debt written off.
    If you are a decent law abiding citizen they would badger you until you or yhey sold stock and assets to pay them.

And probably the following year come after you for the tax on the sold stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Just finished the series on Netflix tonight thank god. Dirty John. Disturbing isn’t the word! Lost a bit of sleep last night on the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Why, was he reusing his takeaway containers? 😩😩

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Willfarman wrote: »
    Just finished the series on Netflix tonight thank god. Dirty John. Disturbing isn’t the word! Lost a bit of sleep last night on the back of it.

Mrs. subjected me to that show. It was a strange one, and one I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Seemed to be no structure to it, story all over the place. Was not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Suckler

Mrs. subjected me to that show. It was a strange one, and one I thought was absolutely ridiculous. Seemed to be no structure to it, story all over the place. Was not a fan

I listened to the podcast of the same story, good listen but christ she was gullible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Suckler wrote: »
    I listened to the podcast of the same story, good listen but christ she was gullible.

Infuriatingly so but physchopaths are often very charismatic and have an hypnotic effect on us folk if we are not wary of it.. my mother in law has a saying. Thank god for letting the quare fellows pass by my door. And it’s so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Quick q. Does Zanil drench do for fluke and worms or just fluke? Instructions wiped off front

marathon wrote: »
    Quick q. Does Zanil drench do for fluke and worms or just fluke? Instructions wiped off front

Just says liver flike and tape worms. Would need to use something else too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

marathon wrote: »

https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/Licence_VPA10996-262-001_24112017183232.pdf

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

ganmo wrote: »

Someone should point out to the Independent that a court case in Austria is hardly likely to change the law, or Agriculture, in Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Infuriatingly so but physchopaths are often very charismatic and have an hypnotic effect on us folk if we are not wary of it.. my mother in law has a saying. Thank god for letting the quare fellows pass by my door. And it’s so true.

There was something about this lad that murdered his family on rte last night aswell. A psycopath aswell

There was something about this lad that murdered his family on rte last night aswell. A psycopath aswell

That was just awful what he did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Due a herd test and preparing a bull for a sale
    how long does export test last is it 30 days?
    How long after the test can he be retested to have an export cert?

• Advertisement

Interesting page from this weeks Farmers Weekly, re British Agriculture in 1973 versus 2017

03V3V6O.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement