Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 year-old boy guilty of murdering Alesha MacPhail

Options
  • 21-02-2019 7:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 25

A 16 year-old boy was found guilty today of the rape and murder of 6 year-old girl Alesha MacPhail on the Isle of Bute in western Scotland. He abducted Alesha at knifepoint from her bedroom at her grandparents' home and carried her half a mile to a woodland clearing on the site of a former hotel where he raped and smothered her to death.

The evil bastard then had the brass neck to blame Alesha's stepmother of killing her and framing him by planting his DNA on her body. He also bragged about it with friends on social media. It seems that he had something against Alesha's father who had previously sold him cannabis.

My question is:

Do you think that children who commit serious crimes like this should be given special treatment? This scumbag probably won't be named and come sentencing in March will be given a Mickey Mouse sentence of 10 years. It is my opinion that they should be named and given the mandatory life sentence like adult murderers do.

Scottish law is mostly the same as English law, which in turn Irish law roughly conforms to. Our justice system is so fu**ed up that he'd probably get 2 years in Oberstown and 4 in adult prison if he did this here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

You'll get some lunatics leaning left who'll be banging war drums and sending smoke signals to have empathy for the monster...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Weird case, dad sells drugs to killer, killer had previous relationship with dads current gf. Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    You'll get some lunatics leaning left who'll be banging war drums and sending smoke signals to have empathy for the monster...

I'm about as lefty lib on here as it gets and I say hang him from the nearest tree and leave him there for as long as possible.

Nice strawman though.

Rip to that poor child.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, no you won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He should be named. Age be damned if you are a rapist/murderer.

The public deserve to know what they are.

Same as with that Kriegel case here. The killers get over protected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Weird case, dad sells drugs to killer, killer had previous relationship with dads current gf. Very weird.

I used know a few people from islands off the Scottish coast.
    This would not only not be considered weird it would be quite normal.
    Think of it as a cold version of Deliverance only more inbred.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Unfortunately, even though this lad is sixteen he needs to be identified. He's likely to commit this type of crime again and so should never be released from prison.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Isolated Island living screams out at me. I wonder how this could happen in a so called close knit community where apparently everyone knows/knew everyone else and who they were, and what they did.

I know it is not far from Glasgow, but still.

Poor little child. Awful no matter what. She should be the focus, not speculation on anything else YET.

Perp will be out in a few years due to upbringing/issues I reckon. But I doubt he will be going back to Bute.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 cluane

The judge will consider an application from media outlets to lift a ban on identifying the boy on Friday, before he is sentenced on 21 March.

The age issue will not be changed.

Those who murdered James Bulger are still protected with new identities. Go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You people are the worst. You just need to get that little political shot in there don't you?

As a lefty liberal, I'd be happy to see him strung up. He made a choice of sound mind, to hell with him.

cluane wrote: »
    The judge will consider an application from media outlets to lift a ban on identifying the boy on Friday, before he is sentenced on 21 March.

Scottish Law is obviously different to Irish and England Wales NI so. Very surprised to hear this, but I am not au fait with the laws in Scotland.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    You people are the worst. You just need to get that little political shot in there don't you?

As a lefty liberal, I'd be happy to see him strung up. He made a choice of sound mind, to hell with him.

That's why I said some, not all.
    I did mention he is a monster.
    Of course he should be strung up, I said nothing about politics.
    I mean the type of lefties who are full of empathy for these psychopath's.

I didn't say all lefties are empathic to these cretins.

I didn't know left means anything political, I just thought it was slang for wasters and crusties out causing trouble.

My apologies

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, no you won't.

Are you sure, I bet you will get people trying to say oh the law's the law let justice take course.

Then they'll be saying we need to be able to find out how these bastard's tick before another lunatic goes postal on some poor misfortune.

These people are not human Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very sad. Poor girl and family

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

One sick puppy ,

I don't believe the whole relationship he claimed he having seems to be a total lunatic lock him away and never release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

16 years old, he’ll be out by 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I love the people here saying they're 'lefty liberals' and calling for him to be hanged.

That's great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

cluane wrote: »
    A 16 year-old boy was found guilty today of the rape and murder of 6 year-old girl Alesha MacPhail on the Isle of Bute in western Scotland. He abducted Alesha at knifepoint from her bedroom at her grandparents' home and carried her half a mile to a woodland clearing on the site of a former hotel where he raped and smothered her to death.

The evil bastard then had the brass neck to blame Alesha's stepmother of killing her and framing him by planting his DNA on her body. He also bragged about it with friends on social media. It seems that he had something against Alesha's father who had previously sold him cannabis.

My question is:

Do you think that children who commit serious crimes like this should be given special treatment? This scumbag probably won't be named and come sentencing in March will be given a Mickey Mouse sentence of 10 years. It is my opinion that they should be named and given the mandatory life sentence like adult murderers do.

Scottish law is mostly the same as English law, which in turn Irish law roughly conforms to. Our justice system is so fu**ed up that he'd probably get 2 years in Oberstown and 4 in adult prison if he did this here.

Simply not true. child sex offender and murderer , there isn t a psychiatrist in the land that would put their name to his release after 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

That's why I said some, not all.
    I did mention he is a monster.
    Of course he should be strung up, I said nothing about politics.
    I mean the type of lefties who are full of empathy for these psychopath's.

I didn't say all lefties are empathic to these cretins.

I didn't know left means anything political, I just thought it was slang for wasters and crusties out causing trouble.

My apologies

You didn't know left means anything political? Where did you think it came from?

I can't get my head around the fact that you are so quick to have a go at the 'left' even though you are completely ignorant of what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Your Face wrote: »
    I love the people here saying they're 'lefty liberals' and calling for him to be hanged.

That's great stuff.

He should get life in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oh, bog off with this nonsense. A child is dead in horrific circumstances and you’d rather spew this sh*te. Ironic that you’re talking about “smoke signaling”

I saw the case on RTÉ news this evening, the first I’d heard of it somehow, and was aghast at it. The poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pa8301 wrote: »
    You didn't know left means anything political? Where did you think it came from?

I can't get my head around the fact that you are so quick to have a go at the 'left' even though you are completely ignorant of what it is.

Its what the cool AH kids do for thanks so why not do it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Isolated Island living screams out at me. I wonder how this could happen in a so called close knit community where apparently everyone knows/knew everyone else and who they were, and what they did.

Poor little child. Awful no matter what. She should be the focus, not speculation on anything else YET.

Perp will be out in a few years due to upbringing/issues I reckon. But I doubt he will be going back to Bute.

He had posted on social media that he would like to kill someone for the life experience of doing it. How can people not see he was troubled. His mother contacted police, when she checked their cctv he was seen leaving the house and returning later. The question that struck me is why would a mother check their cctv for something like this if there wasn’t some underlying issues with this kid.

Why do you reckon that will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Simply not true. child sex offender and murderer , there isn t a psychiatrist in the land that would put their name to his release after 6 years.

No the so called justice system will do that all on it's own.

Remember that sack of shyte from Kilkenny that raped and murdered a single mother and then because he set the house on fire he murdered her two young daughters Zara 7 and Nadia 2 on Christmas Day in 2008 ?

When other children were waking up to santa, that fooking cun* made sure they never woke again.

Remember how he got 3 consecutive life sentences ?

Well on appeal he was give 3 concurrent sentences.

He was due for parole in 2016.
    Yes 7 years later he was due for parole.
    He was refused parole, but why would a piece of scum like that be illegible for parole after 7 years ?

BTW her family asked the so called justice system and state of this country which of the three lives was the only one that mattered when they changed his sentence.

Also when he gets out, even though he is a rapist, he won't be on sex offenders list because our justice system did not charge him with the rape, but with murder.

So don't ever think that we give perverts and murderers the justice they deserve.

As for the scumbag in Scotland a hot poker in the hole is too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TommyDe

Dannyriver wrote:

What about that lad from cork, Wayne O'Donoghue who killed that kid, Robert Holahan and hid his body.
    The callous scumbag even helped the family 'look' for him.
    Got out in 4 years.

dudara wrote: »
    Oh, bog off with this nonsense. A child is dead in horrific circumstances and you’d rather spew this sh*te. Ironic that you’re talking about “smoke signaling”

I saw the case on RTÉ news this evening, the first I’d heard of it somehow, and was aghast at it. The poor child.

Hold on now one moment, the discussion is about the fact some nut job did something horrific and I said you'll always get some luther feeling empathy towards the perpetrator.

Look at other thread's where you'll see people leaning more towards let justice be served rather than getting angry at the criminal.

Bog off yourself.
    Using my post to get back at me for saying something which I was entitled to say I didn't attack anyone on board's...

Off with ya Now like a good lad...

TommyDe wrote: »
    What about that lad from cork, Wayne O'Donoghue who killed that kid, Robert Holahan and hid his body.
    The callous scumbag even helped the family 'look' for him.
    Got out in 4 years.

The facts of that case and the one being discussed are totally different it's simply ridiculous to equate the two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I don't have kids but I have a 6 year old niece.

If I thought that anyone laid a finger on that child I'd go pure ape.

Even the thought of a 6 year old suffering a rape attack is sickening

Advertisement