Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 year-old boy guilty of murdering Alesha MacPhail

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I'm politically in the centre and I don't want any torture of him but I would like if he were imprisoned in a jail without any frills until old age.
    mad muffin wrote: »
    Aaaand the mask slips…
    What mask? Utterly asinine post.

A woman's child was raped and murdered and you find it noteworthy that she looked dazed? :confused:

I'm assuming you thought Irn Bru is an alcohol based drink (assuming) but now you know.

No point in deflecting by pretending it's others who are out of order - you were the one who actually tried to pin some blame on the mother of a child who was raped and murdered, and that is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Was reading the case properly for the first time last night

How did he get into the house, Take the little girl without either making a sound

Was reading about the 18 year old girlfriend being jealous of the child and saying the next day that the 6 year old was in a better place

The dad sold drugs to the killer

Witnesses saw and heard he was bashing the 18 year old about

They lived with his parents

The killer claims he slept with the 18 year old

No doubt he killed her as his dna, clothes, cctv but wonder if the 18 year old girlfriend is completely innocent ?

Finally the fortnite references are ridiculous

Oh and yes and kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No doubt he killed her as his dna, clothes, cctv but wonder if the 18 year old girlfriend is completely innocent ?

I'd say she is. This was his defence, that she did it, not that she put him up to it. Police don't seem to have paid any heed to it, neither did the court, I doubt there was any physical evidence she was involved or it would have been reported. Can't see her being jealous of a six year old the father sees infrequently.
    An awful thing for an 18 year old to be accused of and it's affected her badly apparently. No one's perfect but there's only one evil f*** involved in this thing imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 cluane

Because Bute is so remote, people usually leave the doors unlocked. That's how Campbell got in.

cluane wrote: »
    Because Bute is so remote, people usually leave the doors unlocked. That's how Campbell got in.

Not so sure, that is very rare to leave doors unlocked over there. Just wouldn’t really happen anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Not so sure, that is very rare to leave doors unlocked over there. Just wouldn’t really happen anymore

On what basis do you say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Neyite wrote: »
    My son is six. The same age as the victim here. I can tell you now that the only way I'd be upright and walking in a situation like Georgina (Alesha's mother) would be if I was tranquillised to the eyeballs. I would want to die. But not before I saw the scum that caused me this pain to get convicted.

To me she looked like a young mum. Probably not loaded, probably doing the best she could. She might have thought her ex was a stoner and a waster or whatever, but he does come across as having genuine love for his daughter. And besides, Granny and Grandad were there. And it's a quiet island where it's relatively safe. You worry that the grandparents will fill her up with sugar and bugger up her bedtime routine. You aren't exactly worrying about 16yo psychopaths next door taking an unhealthy interest in your little child.

And have a bit of heart. She sent her child off on her summer holidays to her dad. Probably thought "great, a lie in!" then she wakes up, checks her facebook and there's her daughter missing on it. And a few hours into processing that and trying to find out more information or to get to the area, she finds out also via facebook that her baby has been raped and murdered.

But judge away for her carrying an Irn Bru.

Jesus.

The chid was also badly mutilated in the genital area and some of this happened while she was still alive.

What sort of an animal was this sixteen year old, does he have a mental impairment, he seems to have no conscience at all.

On what basis do you say that?

That I’m originally from one of those Islands

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Like the way murder stats are much less in Europe than USA, with their full life prison sentances?

So if the USA reduce their prison sentences, that should reduce the murder rate?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

tretorn wrote: »
    The chid was also badly mutilated in the genital area and some of this happened while she was still alive.

What sort of an animal was this sixteen year old, does he have a mental impairment, he seems to have no conscience at all.

As well as that, the risk involved in taking her. He gains entry to a house with 3-4 adults and is taking a big chance that he finds the right room, that none of them are light sleepers and that the child won't wake up and scream when he took her from her bed. It makes me wonder what planning he put into place. Did he know she was coming to stay beforehand and plan? It looks like an impromptu crime but doesn't quite feel like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Jackman25 wrote: »
    So if the USA reduce their prison sentences, that should reduce the murder rate?
    Not quite the same, but interestingly states with the death penalty tend to have higher crime rates than those that don't - particularly for serious stuff like murder.

The US also has one of the highest recidivism rates in the western world, while "soft touch" Norway with their shorter sentences an 'hotel prisons' (the ones that focus on rehabilitating more than punishing and isolating) are among the very lowest.

He has been sentenced to a minimum of 27 years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47644414
    BBC wrote:
    During his trial, Aaron Campbell had repeatedly denied he abducted, raped and killed the six-year-old on the Isle of Bute last July.

But he admitted his offences to a psychologist preparing a report to the court ahead of his sentencing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Am I right in thinking, that by not admitting his guilt before or during the trial he allowed to court to have to go through all the details of what he done to the poor child? Would the parents have been saved from that with a guilty plea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

27 years?.... eligible for parole at 43 years old?... that just seems wrong to me.

I would fully support the reintroduction of the death penalty for crimes like this.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

27 years?.... eligible for parole at 43 years old?... that just seems wrong to me.

I would fully support the reintroduction of the death penalty for crimes like this.

Eligible to apply for parole at 43. Slight difference. Doesn't mean he'll get it. I doubt he'll ever see the light of day again.

The judge seems to think that he's not been one bit remorseful and that rehabilitation is unlikely. So chances are a parole board in almost 30 years will concur. If someone doesn't kill him in jail first.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’d happily carry out the death sentence on this vile creature.
    People like him shouldn’t exist after a hideous crime like this on a sweet innocent child.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Thanks! I live here too, you'd think I'd know that.

What an absolute monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

He'll be given a new identity and a free house. He should have been locked up for life with no chance of release, 27 years is an insult.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

The taxpayers will be paying for this piece of scum to be kept alive. One of the worst crimes I have ever read about - I'd have no hesitation giving him the death penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

How much will it cost the taxpayer to keep him locked up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Neyite wrote: »
    Eligible to apply for parole at 43. Slight difference. Doesn't mean he'll get it. I doubt he'll ever see the light of day again.

The judge seems to think that he's not been one bit remorseful and that rehabilitation is unlikely. So chances are a parole board in almost 30 years will concur. If someone doesn't kill him in jail first.

And to be fair, that's a long time. It's entirely possible that they will be a completely different, changed person when that comes around. And if not, that's why they're only eligible for parole, not guaranteed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

The taxpayers will be paying for this piece of scum to be kept alive. One of the worst crimes I have ever read about - I'd have no hesitation giving him the death penalty.

Death is a way out for this ****, I think prison is much worse and what he deserves.

He gets to rot away slowly now instead of a quick release.

Beverly Hills, California

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

If ever there was a case for tougher laws around drugs it's this.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

? he wasnt on any drugs at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

cluane wrote: »
    My question is:

Do you think that children who commit serious crimes like this should be given special treatment? .

Absolutely I do.

I call that special treatment "burning at the stake"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

There wasn't and it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

nullzero wrote: »
    He'll be given a new identity and a free house. He should have been locked up for life with no chance of release, 27 years is an insult.
    He got a MINIMUM of 27 years, that means he can only apply for parole then. It does not mean he'll get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

k99_64 wrote: »
    ? he wasnt on any drugs at the time.

Yes, thsts why he went to the house; to look for drugs, as Alesha's father was a dealer. Anyone who thinks it's a harmless drug should consider that little girl's final moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Yes, thsts why he went to the house; to look for drugs, as Alesha's father was a dealer. Anyone who thinks it's a harmless drug should consider that little girl's final moments.

He didnt get any....he didnt take any, i cant follow your argument...if he went looking for a cigarette would your argument be the same? (honestly dont know where your going with this)

Advertisement