Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 year-old boy guilty of murdering Alesha MacPhail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Yes, thsts why he went to the house; to look for drugs, as Alesha's father was a dealer. Anyone who thinks it's a harmless drug should consider that little girl's final moments.

He could've been going in to look for anything and would have done the same.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

cluane wrote: »
    A 16 year-old boy was found guilty today of the rape and murder of 6 year-old girl Alesha MacPhail on the Isle of Bute in western Scotland. He abducted Alesha at knifepoint from her bedroom at her grandparents' home and carried her half a mile to a woodland clearing on the site of a former hotel where he raped and smothered her to death.

The evil bastard then had the brass neck to blame Alesha's stepmother of killing her and framing him by planting his DNA on her body. He also bragged about it with friends on social media. It seems that he had something against Alesha's father who had previously sold him cannabis.

My question is:

Do you think that children who commit serious crimes like this should be given special treatment? This scumbag probably won't be named and come sentencing in March will be given a Mickey Mouse sentence of 10 years. It is my opinion that they should be named and given the mandatory life sentence like adult murderers do.

Scottish law is mostly the same as English law, which in turn Irish law roughly conforms to. Our justice system is so fu**ed up that he'd probably get 2 years in Oberstown and 4 in adult prison if he did this here.
    Life and would hope he gets the ****e knocked out of him every time he thinks he's safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Yes, thsts why he went to the house; to look for drugs, as Alesha's father was a dealer. Anyone who thinks it's a harmless drug should consider that little girl's final moments.

If the drugs were legal he wouldn't have to have gone to the house either. Depends what way you look at it . Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

k99_64 wrote: »
    ? he wasnt on any drugs at the time.

He said that's why he went in. The truth is he went in with the sole purpose of abducting, violating and murdering that little girl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He said that's why he went in. The truth is he went in with the sole purpose of abducting, violating and murdering that little girl.

Join the dots. She'd still be alive of it wasn't for the drugs link between her killer and her father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Join the dots. She'd still be alive of it wasn't for the drugs link between her killer and her father.

Thats true, she might be alive, but another girl would be dead. He said that the minute he saw her he wanted to kill her.

He killed her because he wanted to kill her. Simple as. Her Dad selling weed, which I'm not condoning btw had nothing to do with that child's murder other than some half baked attempt at an alibi by the murderous little cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She'd be dead because that sicko decided he wanted to rape and murder her.
    None of the other facts are relevant.
    She is dead because he committed an abhorrent, unforgivably violent act on an innocent defenseless child.

No one is responsible for what happened to her apart from the person who has been convicted of her rape and murder.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

So if someone fancies a bit of weed but their dealer has none they'll be overcome with a compulsion to abduct, rape, torture and murder a child instead?

What the hell do you smoke??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If he wasn't a dealer then this guy most likely would never have crossed paths with the girl.

Drugs are extremely dangerous and the brain is one extremely dangerous thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Neyite wrote: »
    Eligible to apply for parole at 43. Slight difference. Doesn't mean he'll get it. I doubt he'll ever see the light of day again.

The judge seems to think that he's not been one bit remorseful and that rehabilitation is unlikely. So chances are a parole board in almost 30 years will concur. If someone doesn't kill him in jail first.

I can point to a couple of cases in Ireland where killers were allowed back on the streets to kill once again.

And one of those was only a teenager when he first killed an elderly neighbour. The only reason he gave the guards was that he wanted to know what it felt like.
    They knew at the time this guy should never be allowed out again.
    But hey authorities and experts allowed him out.

Years later he killed another elderly neighbour whilst on day release and he looks a likely suspect in the killing of another woman whilst he was on work placement prior to release.

Some people are just plain bad and never ever should be allowed out.

The world would be done a great favour if they were dispatched with a bullet to the back of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

If he wasn't a dealer then this guy most likely would never have crossed paths with the girl.

Drugs are extremely dangerous and the brain is one extremely dangerous thing.

Have you read anything about the case? It was a tiny island with a very small population.
    Their families were known to each other regardless of the drugs connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Have you read anything about the case? It was a tiny island with a very small population.
    Their families were known to each other regardless of the drugs connection.

Doesn't mean you would cross paths.

I live in a small estate and haven't seen 80% of the people there.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

jmayo wrote: »
    I can point to a couple of cases in Ireland where killers were allowed back on the streets to kill once again.

And one of those was only a teenager when he first killed an elderly neighbour. The only reason he gave the guards was that he wanted to know what it felt like.
    They knew at the time this guy should never be allowed out again.
    But hey authorities and experts allowed him out.

Years later he killed another elderly neighbour whilst on day release and he looks a likely suspect in the killing of another woman whilst he was on work placement prior to release.

Some people are just plain bad and never ever should be allowed out.

The world would be done a great favour if they were dispatched with a bullet to the back of the head.

In Ireland we are crap at decent sentencing.crimes. I dread to think what kind of pathetic sentence he'd have got here. Probably 10 years with 2 off for good behaviour and emerge with a law degree paid for by taxpayers and a new identity or something.

Look, I don't think people like this should ever see the light of day. But I do think that England and Scotland are much harsher on these kind of crimes and that this bloke won't ever see parole. Well, I hope so.

He actually got a longer minimum sentence than Hindley (25 yrs) and she never got out. Not for want of trying, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say he will spend most of that sentence segregated or isolated too. I don't think they take too kindly to child rapists and/or child murderers in general population. Either way he should sleep with one eye open all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

How is it this scumbag will get food and water for 27 years...
    He should be tortured every natural minute for the rest of his existence on this planet.

There is truly horrible human beings out there the like of which words xant describe.

Heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In Ireland we are crap at decent sentencing.crimes. I dread to think what kind of pathetic sentence he'd have got here. Probably 10 years with 2 off for good behaviour and emerge with a law degree paid for by taxpayers and a new identity or something.
    No he wouldn't. A life sentence is mandatory for murder in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

El Weirdo wrote: »

You’d fancy your chances of a short stint if you were in front of Judge Nolan.

The tide is turning…

Ok I may have exaggerated a little.:D Still think we are too soft on sentencing though.

He actually got a longer minimum sentence than Hindley (25 yrs) and she never got out. Not for want of trying, mind.

I didn't know that.

But the Scottish legal system is different to the English one that Hindley was sentenced under though I'm not sure what exact differences there are. I hope that it is similar in this case.

• Advertisement

It really does depend on the parole board in 27yrs. I don't believe that his lack of empathy can be reversed at this stage of his life but this kind are notoriously good at manipulation (Hindley certainly was) and can be successful at hoodwinking well intentioned people ( a la Hindley ). This pos doesn't seem to have done himself any favours in this regard. Let's hope he is as transparent in 27yrs as he is now.

Not many murder convictions alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

He’s only a childeen at the end of the day..........who knows what brain disease he has.......pray for him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

With a bit of luck he'll die in jail.

I'm in a foul mood so couldnt be bothered mincing my words.
    He's got that poncy/anything goes Ian Watkins vibe about him.

RIP to that poor child.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

You’d fancy your chances of a short stint if you were in front of Judge Nolan.
    He let's off paedophiles daily in court with either a suspended sentence or a friendly warning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

So if someone fancies a bit of weed but their dealer has none they'll be overcome with a compulsion to abduct, rape, torture and murder a child instead?

What the hell do you smoke??

If you associate with criminals than bad things tend to happen. You may think it's ok to deal drugs around children, but it's putting them in serious danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not many murder convictions alas.

There are loads of people convicted of murder in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Seems to be a Youtube video still up of this subhuman ****head talking to a camera while trampolining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Seems to be a Youtube video still up of this subhuman ****head talking to a camera while trampolining.

Those videos of him need to be eradicated from the internet. I'm sure there are sickos like him rejoicing in his infamy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I really wish I hadn't heard the details of this case. What an evil, evil bastard.

Advertisement