Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That ad for the play Cripple of Inish Mann or however it's spelled is making me turn over when it comes on. It's been on forever and it's only starting this Friday :( The way he says Mammy at the end really bugs me aswell.

With a list of actors who, realistically, 80% of listeners have never heard of?
    Plus that miserable piano music doesn't help either.
    I'm sure it's a great play, but it's a terrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Dacia Duster add with his swiping right and doing the dirt on crap

Any of the Ben Dunne adds as previously stated, next one will probably state 'you wont be shot outside a Ben Dunne gym'

The Ciara Kelly promo for her unscripted friday shows is cringy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Aska wrote: »

Any of the Ben Dunne adds as previously stated, next one will probably state 'you wont be shot outside a Ben Dunne gym'

The Ciara Kelly promo for her unscripted friday shows is cringy

I find the Dacia one particularly offensive and I'm not remotely prudish. Why does a presumably (?) sexual, laddish slant have to be put on the Ad. Incidentally, whoever thought that calling a car, a duster, was a clever marketing ploy? Next in the range - the Dacia Wheelie Bin. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭thesandeman

^^

I always just think of the Making A Murderer series when I hear it. I never realised it was for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

That miserable Hyundai wan is annoying me more than any of the sh*te Laya healthcare ads, which is some achievement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Your woman with the irritating D4 accent is back on Toyota, bleating on about how she feels she is making a real contribution to her childrens future by driving the pampered little darlings to school every day. Jesus wept - did Toyota ever stop and think about how stupid and contradictatory that sounds?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The TV license ones about Sci-Fi, current affairs, drama etc. "It's time to use the force"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

dogmatix wrote: »
    Your woman with the irritating D4 accent is back on Toyota, bleating on about how she feels she is making a real contribution to her childrens future by driving the pampered little darlings to school every day. Jesus wept - did Toyota ever stop and think about how stupid and contradictatory that sounds?

They're double teaming them on some ad-breaks. I've heard the D4 lady with the lazy kids AND the "de insurance, de car tax, de price of a holiday" guy as separate ads in the same ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I find the Dacia one particularly offensive and I'm not remotely prudish. Why does a presumably (?) sexual, laddish slant have to be put on the Ad. Incidentally, whoever thought that calling a car, a duster, was a clever marketing ploy? Next in the range - the Dacia Wheelie Bin. :rolleyes:

I think you might be just a little bit prudish.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Mr E wrote: »
    They're double teaming them on some ad-breaks. I've heard the D4 lady with the lazy kids AND the "de insurance, de car tax, de price of a holiday" guy as separate ads in the same ad break.

Ah, that's the one I was thinking of, incorrectly gave the credit to Hyundai - it's a loathsome campaign! :p
    Priz ofa hal-dah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    F*ck me, the Air France one is back. :(:mad::mad:

And a Renault one with more faux French accents worthy of Allo Allo.
    Honestly, two massive French companies that can't find a single French person to voiceover their ads?

That ad for the play Cripple of Inish Mann or however it's spelled is making me turn over when it comes on. It's been on forever and it's only starting this Friday :( The way he says Mammy at the end really bugs me aswell.

The music makes it sound as if it's a play about a mass murder rather than a comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The Toyota hybrid ad with the Bogman talking about his savings "Dats de price of a holiday", unfortunately the country is wash with neanderthals who think and talk like that so the ad will probably work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭depaor01

De holiday would be ten times better if he spent 20 grand on it and didn't bother buying de new car...

depaor01 wrote: »
    De holiday would be ten times better if he spent 20 grand on it and didn't bother buying de new car...
    20 k on a holiday!!, he wouldn't be able to build his tasteless bungalow if he did that or there mightn't be an Irish bar to go to and 'Shure isn't dat all you'd be wanting"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oops69 wrote: »
    20 k on a holiday!!, he wouldn't be able to build his tasteless bungalow if he did that or there mightn't be an Irish bar to go to and 'Shure isn't dat all you'd be wanting"

The auld “shure we arrived in Lanzarote and we set up camp in The Four Green Fields” attitude.

Spanish lad in charge gave us free dhrink and grub for the whole of the last day.

(Why wouldn’t he,scrotes dhrank as much in a week as Spanish customers would drink in 9 months)

I know the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭chosen1

The Toyota hybrid ad with the Bogman talking about his savings "Dats de price of a holiday", unfortunately the country is wash with neanderthals who think and talk like that so the ad will probably work.
    Imagine having a different accent to ones self!
    The nerve!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Del.Monte wrote: »

I said a fair few pages back that I ABSOLUTELY hate that Dacia ad. I don’t find it offensive, just mind blowingly cringeworthy and the voice over sounds like a dirty aul fella in an anorak getting excited.

Not sure who they are aiming it at either, anyone I’ve seen in those Duster yokes are grey haired retired folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

anewme wrote: »
    I said a fair few pages back that I ABSOLUTELY hate that Dacia ad. I don’t find it offensive, just mind blowingly cringeworthy and the voice over sounds like a dirty aul fella in an anorak getting excited.

Not sure who they are aiming it at either, anyone I’ve seen in those Duster yokes are grey haired retired folk.

Lad was ‘getting string’ no mistake there.

Saw a mare in a Duster outside the Golf Club a few days ago and I’d give her a belt of the Big Dog, for sure.

Just sayin’:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

So he's a neanderthal because his accent doesn't appeal to you is it? You don't live inside the Pale by any chance?

• Advertisement

chosen1 wrote: »
    Imagine having a different accent to ones self!
    The nerve!
    nothing to do with the accent, it's the mentality associated with this stereotype represented by that accent which is nauseating ,the same could be said for the mentality associated with the D4 accent ,but I guess that nuance is lost on you .

statto25 wrote: »
    So he's a neanderthal because his accent doesn't appeal to you is it? You don't live inside the Pale by any chance?
    Maybe see a surgeon about the chip on the shoulder and I'm not from the Pale .

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

And what accent do you have by the way? Semi-Americanised I'll bet because you're just so modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

I've no chip at all, just trying to fathom out how a persons accent would make them a neanderthal.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

I've no chip at all, just trying to fathom out how a persons accent would make them a neanderthal.

A small number of self-hating Irish people (the ones who took on the affectations of the British in centuries past) despise anything that makes us unique as a culture. They probably hate 'diddly-ay' music 'bogball' and anything else that is unique to this land.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

Aska wrote: »
    A terrible ad. Doesn't work at all.
    I shouldn't, but LOL! :D

A small number of self-hating Irish people (the ones who took on the affectations of the British in centuries past) despise anything that makes us unique as a culture. They probably hate 'diddly-ay' music 'bogball' and anything else that is unique to this land.

Football and folk music aren't unique to Ireland.
    Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

anewme wrote: »

Our cleaner drives a Dacia Duster. I find it quite amusing. I mentioned it to her one time as I thought maybe she bought one on purpose and she had never realized this before. And she is absolutely rubbish as dusting. :pac::D:pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

How many kids does Clare Daly have, jesus everytime I hear the Toyota hybrid add with the woman and the three kids I think it's her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

Bon Secours clinical services for bowels related sicknesses advert this morning. A riposte to the Blackrock Clinic advert some months back for pathologies in the same part of the body?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement