Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

stabeek wrote: »
    Bon Secours clinical services for bowels related sicknesses advert this morning. A riposte to the Blackrock Clinic advert some months back for pathologies in the same part of the body?

Ah yes the good old Blackrock clinic with their meaningless "when your experience needs ours" slogan.

Or the mater private A&E - designed just for you as long as you only have an accident between the hours of 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and open on Saturdays (but only when the moon is full and venus and saturn are in the conjunction).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

dogmatix wrote: »
    Ah yes the good old Blackrock clinic with their meaningless "when your experience needs ours" slogan.

Or the mater private A&E - designed just for you as long as you only have an accident between the hours of 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and open on Saturdays (but only when the moon is full and venus and saturn are in the conjunction).

Not to mention the need to have access to a Platinum credit card or top of the range medical insurance. Disgusting parasites!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

dogmatix wrote: »

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Not to mention the need to have access to a Platinum credit card or top of the range medical insurance. Disgusting parasites!

Or that one for the Beacon Clinic (I think) - “This is modern medicine”. Yeah, because in the public hospitals they’re still using leeches and getting the patients to drink half a bottle of whiskey before they saw off their arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭stabeek

Del.Monte wrote: »

Clearly they could lower prices if they didn't produce or run advertisements, but once one starts, in classic arms race fashion, the others have to follow.

In a few ways, it's inappropriate they should be advertising on population-wide radio. It's a classic medieval trick, if you announce a malady enough, people will think they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,782 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Aska wrote: »
    Dacia Duster add with his swiping right and doing the dirt on crap

Awful ad. Might understand if it was for a Ferrari, not a budget yummy mummy troop carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Vanonomics man - there's a hit on him if I win the Euro Millions. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Awful ad. Might understand if it was for a Ferrari, not a budget yummy mummy troop carrier.

Eh....... more room in the Duster,mate.

Easier to get ‘established’ on the approach path, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

MATRISSSSSSISS DELIVERED !
    shocking ad I think, did they not even play it back and say, ah slow it down bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mr E wrote: »
    They're double teaming them on some ad-breaks. I've heard the D4 lady with the lazy kids AND the "de insurance, de car tax, de price of a holiday" guy as separate ads in the same ad break.

"Price of a Holiday" is the type of loon you could easily get buttonholed by in a Drumcondra pub on the night before an All Ireland Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

That goon on the Toyota ad;
    'De savins on de fuel, de car tax and de 'nsurance, dats de price of a holday'
    FFS, employ someone that can speak :mad:
    Edit: having a quick read, I see it’s a favorite among others :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That git who uses google translate to listen to his Spanish business partners while he smiles and nods.
    Do the advertisers actually stop and think that perhaps portraying a goon who is so gormless that he uses google translate and still doesn't understand what his business partners are on about is possibly not exactly a positive message?
    I suppose it sounded great in the ad office and somebody got a pat on the back.
    I'd have given them a kick up the hole.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Admission:

I kind of like that ad where the Mam asks the Skoda to take her to the nearest vegan restauraunt.

Sorry. I'll delete my account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Admission:

I kind of like that ad where the Mam asks the Skoda to take her to the nearest vegan restauraunt.

Sorry. I'll delete my account now.

Me too! The "Cut the Cheese Vegan Restaurant"!

(For those who may be unaware, 'cut the cheese' is a euphemism for farting...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Acosta

We have the worst bloody voice over actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

That home gin/gym, which we are supposed to find hilarious, really gets on my nerves. It's stupid and not funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

just heard a godawful one this morning - jammer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I wonder does Ben Dunne write those anti FlyFit ads himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Don't know if his marketing team signed off on the latest adverts but he certainly is providing Flyefit with a lot of free publicity. He seems to be ignoring the first rule of business that you don't run down a competitor. His tone is verging on desperation. Subliminally all I retain after his rant is Flyefit Flyefit Flyefit Flyefit.

basill wrote: »
    Don't know if his marketing team signed off on the latest adverts but he certainly is providing Flyefit with a lot of free publicity. He seems to be ignoring the first rule of business that you don't run down a competitor. His tone is verging on desperation. Subliminally all I retain after his rant is Flyefit Flyefit Flyefit Flyefit.
    same!

I was standing in a queue in spar the other day, and the ad came on and my first thought was 'Jesus, I wonder did my FlyeFit direct debit go through'

He's obviously a good business man, but he needs to hand over marketing decisions to an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Well, he certainly doesn't employ anyone with any more than a rudimentary education to do it!
    I'm not sure if I've ever heard a more poorly constructed sentence in the English language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

just heard a godawful one this morning - jammer.ie

I've actually started switching off the radio when it comes on.

The Lie-berries advert to promote use of the public libraries. Yer wan is totally unable to pronounce the word, though she repeats it to an extent that I feel like throwing the radio out the window, especially as I worked in the lie-berries all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The Lie-berries advert to promote use of the public libraries. Yer wan is totally unable to pronounce the word, though she repeats it to an extent that I feel like throwing the radio out the window, especially as I worked in the lie-berries all my life.

Yes, very obvious! How did that slip through quality control. I'd expect better from the excellent library service. Haven't heard it for a couple of days; maybe it's been pulled.
    Reminds me of the many RTE presenters and business correspondants who won't pronounce the first 'r' in "quarter".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭plodder

Well, he certainly doesn't employ anyone with any more than a rudimentary education to do it!
    I'm not sure if I've ever heard a more poorly constructed sentence in the English language.
    I'm still waiting for that slogan suggested earlier:

"You won't get SHOT ... outside a Ben Dunne gym"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What I want to know is how....HOW... does crap like that get past the people who commission it.

Like it’s not free.... it’s very expensive.

Who the fuhhhhrke signs off on that rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

What I want to know is how....HOW... does crap like that get past the people who commission it.

Like it’s not free.... it’s very expensive.

Who the fuhhhhrke signs off on that rubbish?

Reminds me of the posters I saw yesterday at M&S for Valentine's Trap day: Hearts & Spencers. Who in their marketing department approved that shíte?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

Mercedes MSL A Class AD where I am told I can unlock it with my phone and how the car is awesome "just like you" How da fcuk Does he know how awesome I am????

WHAT DA FCUK, stupid AD, STUPID TWATTY DORT ACCENT , I want to chop my F'n ears off when I hear that ad ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

tommytee wrote: »
    Mercedes MSL A Class AD where I am told I can unlock it with my phone and how the car is awesome "just like you" How da fcuk Does he know how awesome I am????

WHAT DA FCUK, stupid AD, STUPID TWATTY DORT ACCENT , I want to chop my F'n ears off when I hear that ad ,

"Unlock it with your phaaayown..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Off topic, many moons ago, there was a huge billboard near the South County Dublin offices in Tallaght, advertising their libraries, they managed to liberies incorrectly.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The nasal sounding wan who saved €140 and is now using her partner as a slave in the ad for some insurance company does my head in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement