Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who applaud at the end of a great film in the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Central heating.

My aunt and uncle staying for a week, and the pleasure I take in their company because they're an hilarious, generous, adorable pair of eccentrics.

Also, when visitors leave and that lovely "house to ourselves, again" feeling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw tuxedo cat today, perched up high on his balcony window sill, proud as punch, I was trying too do the slow blink thing and they were just looking at me as if to say "What in name of jaysis is you're man up too now". :3

GoneHome wrote: »
    Seph I was trying to send you a pic of her on PM but it wouldn't work, I'm useless on technology!

Aww thanks for trying anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Central heating.

People don’t believe me when I tell them we did not have central heating in our house when I was growing up.
    One pesky open fire for the house. I have a super appreciation for central heating now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Joined the gym and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to going again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People don’t believe me when I tell them we did not have central heating in our house when I was growing up.
    One pesky open fire for the house. I have a super appreciation for central heating now.

The bedrooms were so cold , the only thing that stopped us from freezing to death was a hot water bottle . I was the youngest so would go to bed before the others and pray my sister would come soon so the bed would be warmer ! And only just warmed up when it was time to get up and into the artic bathroom !
    Oh i too appreciate central heating !

Since the roads are wet, and there’s a snow and ice warning for tonight, I’m glad I’m not in college till 2 so it’ll defrost before I go to college

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just put a hot water bottle in the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A toasted cheese sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just put a hot water bottle in the bed

Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Spain on Wednesday!

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Spain on Wednesday!

If you’ve room in your suitcase I wouldn’t mind squeezing in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    If you’ve room in your suitcase I wouldn’t mind squeezing in there

Haven't even packed! But sure! will you fit in a 10kg role thing?

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Haven't even packed! But sure! will you fit in a 10kg role thing?

I could probably squeeze in, but I can’t guarantee you’d meet the weight requirements :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've been to Spain a few times, I can be your tour guide,

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A colleague from Monaghan addressing a group today, using a phrase common to there in front of a more southern audience.
    I have lovely memories of my years there but even I had to laugh at the constant used of OH BEE JAY!:D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Just finished the latest Jack Taylor novel, In the Galway Silence, by Ken Bruen. It was very good.

Silly jokes that aren't really funny 😝😀

• Advertisement

My research class isn’t at all as complicated as I thought it would be.

And he let us out early :D

The stretch in the evening at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A bit of peace and quiet time to myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nothing to do and all night to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bredabe wrote: »
    A colleague from Monaghan addressing a group today, using a phrase common to there in front of a more southern audience.
    I have lovely memories of my years there but even I had to laugh at the constant used of OH BEE JAY!:D:D

What does that mean, never heard anyone from Monaghan say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sam Hain wrote: »
    What does that mean, never heard anyone from Monaghan say that.

He used it in the same way as the german's use alzo, its a version of oh by je*9s or oh by jove(depending on which side of the road the speaker is from), lucky you took me ages to learn to keep a straight face when I heard it and more time to get it out of my head when I moved south again.

TH/A one of my travelling girls was back in civilisation bought a reeses easter egg and being herself complained that it was just peanut butter surrounded by chocolate.:rolleyes::)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

@KIDSWRITEJOKES on Twitter. Funnier than most of the comedians tweets I've read.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Cat has been very unwell lately but is currently purring away happily (while sitting on my book). Lovely hearing him so content even if only temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

quickbeam wrote: »
    Cat has been very unwell lately but is currently purring away happily (while sitting on my book). Lovely hearing him so content even if only temporarily.

Ah the poor thing. I hope it is something treatable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I hate central heating! Cleave to the fire.. was not how I was raised, central heating.. But a solid fuel stove here and they are better than an open fire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement