Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My new shoes arrived! They're so pretty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 MOLF Hunter

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My new shoes arrived! They're so pretty :D

Anyone else thinking Sideshow Bob?!?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone else thinking of Side Boob?!?!

FYP

Anyone else thinking Sideshow Bob?!?!

Feck off you, I love my clown shoes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Feck off you, I love my clown shoes :p

Your shoes are beautiful and will look lovely beside the bed ;)

My Happy is This evening someone mistook me for someone else, He parked his car beside me and as I was putting a bag in the boot of my car. He started chatting away to me and having a full conversation with me and I realised he thought I was someone he knew. Imagine his surprise when I answered him and he realised his mistake :D He started apologising and I just said it could happen to anyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Autosport wrote: »
    Your shoes are beautiful and will look lovely beside the bed ;)

Ooh matron :eek:

TH that my gel nails came off on both my thumbs and now I can type normally again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I love these cold, bright, frosty mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Fresh crisp frost that will kill lingering viruses .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Renaissance art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The carpet of flowering Snowdrops in my little wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

A noticable stretch in the evenings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I met lucky the tabby cat during the week and called her over and she jumped on the wall as she always does but! This time she let me pet her for a good while where as before she would keep moving away , then she saw something in the distance that distracted her and jumped off to investigate it :3:3 *smiles*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Working with a great bunch of ppl in work today! made the last 5 hours of work fun and educational.
    Such a change from other teams I get stuck with.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

An episode of Friends was on and the 6 yr old said "Mam look at that man, he looks like the man off the car show" I told her yes, that it was the man off of Top Gear alright. "But how did he get so young?" she asked me. TH the laugh you get off of them at that age:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bf is indeed moving to Limerick in the summer. Will be nice because then I can go stay with him when I’m not working :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Kickboxing training 3 nights in 4 this week! Great adrenalin buzz and burning cortison and releasing serotonin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Cup of tea on the train

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Getting all my work done before time so I have an hour of peace to myself.

My friend came over last night and we had a lovely catch up and exchanged Christmas presents. She got me this very cool Sherlock Holmes puzzle book where you have to solve mysteries. I got the first one wrong already but I love it! We were talking before about the Christmas annuals that you used to get in school before, anyone remember them? They were sugradh, siamsa, spraoi. We both loved them. They still do them but now they're all modern and not like the ones we had as kids so she got me the closest thing she could find, it's Reader's Digest Ultimate Christmas Puzzles. Such thoughtful gifts from a lovely friend. I got her the great hall in Lego from Harry Potter so she was delighted with it as she was admiring the Hogwarts castle I got for my missus for her birthday :)

I've also lost one stone 3 pounds since October :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    An episode of Friends was on and the 6 yr old said "Mam look at that man, he looks like the man off the car show" I told her yes, that it was the man off of Top Gear alright. "But how did he get so young?" she asked me. TH the laugh you get off of them at that age:)

First thought I had was that I didn't remember Jeremy Clarkson making a cameo on Friends :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

We were talking before about the Christmas annuals that you used to get in school before, anyone remember them? They were sugradh, siamsa, spraoi. We both loved them.

You forgot Sonas!;)
    Have a look at these
    https://www.dailyedge.ie/folens-christmas-annuals-siamsa-sugradh-spraoi-1191201-Dec2013/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I got a free coffee from the barista in Pret a Manger earlier this week. Apparently it's a thing they're allowed to do every once in a while, give away a free hot drink to someone they like.

Been a bit of a wobbly week for me, work stress, really low mood, generally a bit of an anxious mess since I came back after the New Year in general. But it really brightened my day when he told me it was "on the house" that day and it's making me smile a little now to remember it. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »

Such innocence :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have to get a fault fixed on my car. It is just over the three year warranty. The man at the dealer said "don't worry, we'll take care of it". That's customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Took my mother out of the nursing home and brought her to McDonalds.
    Her appetite has been non existent with the last month or so, so happy to see her craving (and devouring) a chicken burger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Friday night, lovely hot shower, just generally feeling relaxed and cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Mary, Queen of Scots at the cinema this evening. It was very good.

Found this documentary about cats, its the coolest documentary! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Poor old Tiger cat was staggering around the yard this morning, I thought he had been hit by a car. Rushed to the vet, it turned out to be hypothermia. Then I realised I had dashed off without money. "Ah sure drop it in on Monday" There are nice people out there, two days in a row I've met them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

madmaggie wrote: »
    Rushed to the vet, it turned out to be hypothermia.

Jeez never realised cats could get hypothermia, how did that happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement