Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox hunting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭mulbot

gozunda wrote: »
    And neithet did the 'Bray Harriers ' they are a Drag Hunt. Do you understand?

Never said they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Because it's not. Because hunting results in very few kills. It's about managing fox / predator populations when it needs be. There's a hell of more important ****e to deal with than snowflakes opinions on ickle wickle foxes.

As for the OP they claim to be happy to release their pets on farmers land which kill wilfldlife whilst giving out about dogs being used to manage foxes and don't see the hypocrisy ...

How many more times does it need to be said that if you were truly concerned about managing populations of animals then you would find a humane way to do it.

Chasing a defenseless creature into exhaustion and then allowing it to be ripped apart by dogs is not managing anything.

The Hunt is about bloodlust and the enjoyment of the kill, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nope. There's no responsibility on the hounds. Unless they are making the decision to go out hunting. Which there not. The cowards are the humans. Which is explicit in the post. Again your trying to throw **** against a wall, but none of it is sticking.

Well I'll tell you what - You go talk to hounds rubbish comment tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Marengo wrote: »
    I see you're talking about winter milking. Typical flat land dairy farmer. Ye're as soft as sh*te.

I'm a farmer in land above 1,000ft where the air is 4c colder. None of ye low land boys would cut it up here.

Ye're all oul blue shirts who think ye're big shots driving around in 4x4s. Manys a time on a sports field I went through ye like a knife through butter.

#soft #never did anything for the country's independence

Yeah yeah, I know the auld spiel "there were only ever two REAL Republicans, you and Gerry Adams and sometimes you weren't sure about Adams". Heard it all before. Did ye ever hear about the one with the fox and the sour grapes?

Aint prosperity a bitch!?!? I dont be using one of them flashy iPhones when I have a Nokia. If you spent half the time fight the brits and the system and your neighbours you could have a farm you could be proud of.

How many more times does it need to be said that if you were truly concerned about managing populations of animals then you would find a humane way to do it. Chasing a defenseless creature into exhaustion and then allowing it to be ripped apart by dogs is not managing anything. The Hunt is about bloodlust and the enjoyment of the kill, nothing more.

Wtf is 'humane' - give your definition. Hounds when needed kill exactly same as foxes do quickly and efficiently do. Nothing gets 'chased to' exhaustion. Thats pure anti bolloxology. Do foxes when killed sometimes afterwards get ripped up? Yes they do same as foxes do to hares rabbits when dead etc. and no difference to wildlife smashed up on roads by people. Not my pretty but there you go. Just because you've been disneyfied or swallowed english anti / sab bs - thats your problem. Not the problem of land owners who want the very occasional problematic fox removed. In the UK these are now been wiped out by shooting. You want that? Nice ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hunts with hounds horses or not generally ask landowners for permission. Do accidents happen - yes they do. Just like on with other animals. But hey that doesn't matter - because the bs propaganda.

So they generally ask.? Is trespass not illegal..?

Many people see their pets as family members and are as attached to them as family members. That is their right.

For the Hunt to kill a family pet on ts own land and label it an accident is just crap.

I would be absolutely devastated if this were to happen to one of my dogs. I dont think id get over it easy. My pets are my life and I love them dearly.

But how dare "the likes of youse" complain.

Accidents dont just happen, they are caused. In this instance by illegally trespassing.

But they apologised so that meant the dog was raised from the dead.?

Wtf is 'humane' - give your definition. Hounds when needed kill exactly same as foxes do quickly and efficiently do. Nothing getsx 'chased to 'exhaustion. Thats pure anti bolloxology. Do foxes when killed sometimes get ripped up? Yes they do same as foxes do to hares rabbits etc. and no difference to wildlife smashed up on roads by people. Not my pretty but there you go. Just because you e been disneyfied or swallowed English anti / sab bs - thats your problem. Not the problem of land owners who want the very occasional problematic fox removed. In the UK these are now been wiped out by shooting. You want that? Nice ...

Why do you constantly try to bolster your argument by comparing what happens in nature to the actions used by the hunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Nope. There's no responsibility on the hounds. Unless they are making the decision to go out hunting. Which there not. The cowards are the humans. Which is explicit in the post. Again your trying to throw **** against a wall, but none of it is sticking.

Well I'll tell you what - You go talk to hounds rubbish comment tbh.
    I don't need to. Dullards and cowards.

I would have expected better from fox hunters on this thread. Some form of coherent argument. There really is a coherent argument though.

I can't wait for the day fox hunting is banned and its taken away from you.

It is going to be banned. You will have to get your jollies from somewhere else.
    I'll come and smile at you if you want on that day.

VeryTerry wrote: »
    I didn't say he wasn't a patriot. He didn't want to leave the union though.

There was no way he could have gotten independence. He tried for the best he could have gotten.

mulbot wrote: »
    Why do you constantly try to bolster your argument by comparing what happens in nature to the actions used by the hunt?

Because bs hyperbole repeated by others.

• Advertisement

I would have expected better from fox hunters on this thread. Some form of coherent argument. There really is a coherent argument though.

It is going to be banned. You will have to get your jollies from somewhere else.

Good luck with that. I saw some young one from one of the FG university cummans at the Ard Deis a few years back propose a blood sport ban on coursing. She got put down hard and fast by an older County councillor. I hever heard a peep about her again. Political suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Why would you like to see horseracing phased out?
    Would you kill the approx 250,000 thoroughbred horses worldwide?

I have two mares and one yearling.
    One mare, now aged seven years, never ran, so never took part in horseracing.
    She lived in the stud farm of a multi-millionaire before I bought her at auction.

The other mare ran ten times, or about 25 minutes in total in her five year life to date.

The yearling has not run, but might run as a two year old and older.

Those three horses have about 25 minutes racing time between them, in 13 years living.
    They are well looked after, outside 24 hours a day in summer, in a warm stable at night in winter with time outside weather permitting.
    They wear rugs to keep dry and warm.
    The veterinary clinic is 6 kms away, about a 5 minute drive. I pay an annual agreed veterinary charge for each horse, and extra veterinary costs when needed.

Why do you want to see horseracing phased out?
    If you think it through will mean the elimination of those three horses and the rest of the thoroughbred population.
    The thoroughbred breed that has been in development over the last 300 years, does not exist in the wild and never did, and would not survive in the wild.
    There is no habitat for them, and animal rights activist certainly will not house and feed them.

Animal right activists appear to look at one aspect only, a solution based on emotion, based on one aspect that does not appeal to them, ignoring the rest.
    Your solution would also eliminate the greyhound breed.

I have already said that I support a gradual faze out. I am sure that most horses are well looked after but there are serious bad issues with racing mainly caused by betting.

I have no problem with equestrian sports like show jumping.

Your comment about Greyhounds is ridiculous. They existed long before racing. In the 1930s they were considered a fashion accessory by wealthy women.

Because bs hyperbole repeated by others.

But your argument doesn't make sense. You can't compare an animal being killed on the road by accident or an event in nature, to the deliberate targeting of a wild animal by a houndpack directed by a group of people on horseback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Good luck with that. I saw some young one from one of the FG university cummans at the Ard Deis a few years back propose a blood sport ban on coursing. She got put down hard and fast by an older County councillor. I hever heard a peep about her again. Political suicide.

I don't care about your inferiority complex to people who go to college. No one cares.

It isnt a valid reason for your bloodlust.

You know what a drag hunt is? Or do I have to explain no foxes are hunted. Pets and domestic animals get smashed on roads all the time but I see no complaints from the like of youse. Typical hypocritical bs from English inspired anti rubbish. The drag hunt apologised. More than most motorists would bother doing ffs.

Clearly this wasn’t just a drag hunt. The hounds learned that behavior from somewhere and some other poor animals must have been seriously injured if not killed for them to learn it.

If it were my dogs that had been killed a court date would be the very least I’d be demanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Yeah yeah, I know the auld spiel "there were only ever two REAL Republicans, you and Gerry Adams and sometimes you weren't sure about Adams". Heard it all before. Did ye ever hear about the one with the fox and the sour grapes?

Aint prosperity a bitch!?!? I dont be using one of them flashy iPhones when I have a Nokia. If you spent half the time fight the brits and the system and your neighbours you could have a farm you could be proud of.

Well that post was a load of sh*te about nothing. Bit like yourself! Very proud of my farm. You can visit, you'd probably learn a thing or two.

Discodog wrote: »
    I have already said that I support a gradual faze out. I am sure that most horses are well looked after but there are serious bad issues with racing mainly caused by betting.

I have no problem with equestrian sports like show jumping.

Your comment about Greyhounds is ridiculous. They existed long before racing. In the 1930s they were considered a fashion accessory by wealthy women.

Greyhound racing is a dying "sport"

Someone in the Work Social suggested a night at the dogs. The responses were pretty harsh snd that idea was binned before it got off the ground.

anewme wrote: »
    So they generally ask.? Is trespass not illegal..?Many people see their pets as family members and are as attached to them as family members. That is their right.For the Hunt to kill a family pet on ts own lsnd and label it an accident is just crap.
    I would be devastated if this were to happen to of my dogs. But how dare "the likes of youse" complain. Accidents dont just happen, they are caused. In this instsnce by illegally trespassing.
    But they apologised so that meant the dog was raised from the dead.?

I thought this was a generalised attack on 'fox hunting. What has a Drag Hunt accident got to do with this?

Did you actually read the newspaper account or are you just committed to making the most tabloid headlines of what was a Drag Hunt and an unfortunate accident? Accidents 'are caused" really? - are you freekin serious?

This is the definition of accident from the online dictionary.
    an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

This shows the absolute bolloxology used by some antis In their rubbish attacks on others in an attempt of fostering their own rubbish ideology.

The FG Ard Deis!!!! Blueshirt alert! Do you wear brown county colours?

Shooting is fine , if you can do one clean shot ( most can’t .) Poison and snares are long slow deaths . Hounds kill a fox like all types of dogs do they bite through the neck . The English antis are thugs whothink they are fighting a “ class war “ or just want an excuse to attack children on ponies and call hounds on to roads and post the results as evidence of “ cruelty.”
    If a farmer doesn’t want a hunt on their land , their wishes are respected . If a fox does cross , one person - the huntsman follows them and pulls them out .

Are you another one who thinks that Ireland is full of English extremists? If not then what does have to do with the thread?

• Advertisement

Greyhounds are the whole time killing cats.should they do away with them too

Really? Who owns them? My Greyhound has never killed anything

Marengo wrote: »
    Well that post was a load of sh*te about nothing. Bit like yourself! Very proud of my farm. You can visit, you'd probably learn a thing or two.

Love to know what you could teach me about winter milking, seeing as how you dont do it yourself. Them nice fellas from the hunt left me a nice bottle of Connemara whisky this christmas in the hamper. Isnt it great to get on with your neighbours?

The world is changing rapidly and what was accepted a few years back will struggle now.

Are you another one who thinks that Ireland is full of English extremists? If not then what does have to do with the thread?

They are fairly noticible tbh. They are pushing what is a essentialy a class based bs english agenda. Denying it is just a bit nonsensical no?

An old fat, useless county councillor no doubt. And your putting this person on a pedestal? County councillors are brain dead and a waste of tax payers money.

Are you in the higher echelons of the IFA too? Another shower who feathered their own best and did sweet FA for ordinary farmers.

For your information never voted SF and never voted FG blueshirt traitors.

Love to know what you could teach me about winter milking, seeing as how you dont do it yourself. Them nice fellas from the hunt left me a nice bottle of Connemara whisky this christmas in the hamper. Isnt it great to get on with your neighbours?

I'd say drinking whiskey is all you're up to. Calve 80 continental sucklers.

You wouldn't handle me physically or mentally.

I get on with my neighbours. They aren't delusional 19th century wannabe aristocrats.

Get out and get fit and harden up. Your soft.

Wtf is 'humane' - give your definition. Hounds when needed kill exactly same as foxes do quickly and efficiently do. Nothing gets 'chased to' exhaustion. Thats pure anti bolloxology. Do foxes when killed sometimes afterwards get ripped up? Yes they do same as foxes do to hares rabbits when dead etc. and no difference to wildlife smashed up on roads by people. Not my pretty but there you go. Just because you've been disneyfied or swallowed english anti / sab bs - thats your problem. Not the problem of land owners who want the very occasional problematic fox removed. In the UK these are now been wiped out by shooting. You want that? Nice ...

If you want rid of a fox that badly then a bullet is the quickest and most humane way to do it.

There is absolutely no need to have it ripped apart.

The oul ancestors in the RIC?

Really? Who owns them? My Greyhound has never killed anything

Rehomed greyhound? Can you be really certain? Greyhounds natural instinct are as a sight hound for small prey ...

• Advertisement

They are fairly noticible tbh. They are pushing what is a essentialy a class based bs english agenda. Denying it is just a bit nonsensical no?

According to you there are lots of English extremists in Ireland & they are fairly noticible. But you can't show a shred of evidence to back that up.

Where are the protests? Which hunt was attacked?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement