Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Andros Townsend and Woy Hodgson with his big poxy goofy head on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This drizzly pissy rain that stops and starts. Just rain and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just found out a mate of mine is dealing drugs, which tbh isn’t a surprise. He’s already on disability allowance (which I’ve no issue with, I genuinely don’t think he’d be able to work), but I’m TA’d that even though he’s getting like 200 quid a week for nothing, that isn’t enough, now he’s dealing and no doubt has nicer clothes, jewellery, lifestyle etc than I ever will. Not to sound like someone in AH, but how many hours would I have to work for to afford anything like that?

Sorry for the rant, it just makes you wonder sometimes why you bother :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Getting a whiff of bad B.O. - Jaysus, it'd knock you sometimes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Sorry for the rant, it just makes you wonder sometimes why you bother :o

I know, there's times I think the first mistake is starting to work at all.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RMAOK wrote: »
    Getting a whiff of bad B.O. - Jaysus, it'd knock you sometimes :mad:

I'm with you on that. Visited a neighbour yesterday and, between B.O. and cats, I was gasping for fresh air and a hot shower afterwards.

I know, there's times I think the first mistake is starting to work at all.

Nearly a pity I was raised with a work ethic and decided to work minimum wage to get myself through college instead of just doing something illegal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Bored rigid :( Have all my housework done but still have two sick kids and himself with manflu at home so the cabin fever is well and truly setting in now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Nearly a pity I was raised with a work ethic and decided to work minimum wage to get myself through college instead of just doing something illegal :rolleyes:

It can seem that way but project 10 years forward. You will be reaping the rewards and able to look everyone in the eye. The law and low life people won't be on your case. You can take pride in your work ethic and achievements.

They will never do a degree and enjoy an Erasmus experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'm with you on that. Visited a neighbour yesterday and, between B.O. and cats, I was gasping for fresh air and a hot shower afterwards.

Two of the worst smells in the world right there.

• Advertisement

Two of the worst smells in the world right there.

Bad breath being another one, even the thought of those smells make my stomach turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Bad breath being another one, even the thought of those smells make my stomach turn.

Yep, there's a lad where I work and the feckin bang out of his gob in the mornings would knock a vulture off a rotting carcass. He'd laugh and if you looked closely, you'd actually make out the enamel being blown off his teeth...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fair point. BO stinking, bad breathed people with homes that stink of cats wee are to be avoided!

wildwillow wrote: »
    It can seem that way but project 10 years forward. You will be reaping the rewards and able to look everyone in the eye. The law and low life people won't be on your case. You can take pride in your work ethic and achievements.

They will never do a degree and enjoy an Erasmus experience.

You’re bang on, I’ll be the winner in the end. And I’ll have the pride in knowing I did it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    When I ask the OH to suggest something for dinner later as I can't think of anything and he suggests something I don't really fancy at all.

Ah yes, when you don't know what you want but you do know what you don't want.

(Sorry to any none native speakers)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Listening to my aul yoke getting the absolute HOLE revved out of it in the NCT. Worst part of the test.. Squeaky bum time :o

Edit: Passed :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate it when people don't return the stuff you lent them, but I especially hate it when people don't return your books or your DVDs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

1. People with two Facebook accounts. Just close one of them!
    2. Couples with joint Facebook accounts.
    3. People who repeatedly deactivate their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

1. People with two Facebook accounts. Just close one of them!
    2. Couples with joint Facebook accounts.
    3. People who repeatedly deactivate their account.

People who translate their names into Irish on it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    People who translate their names into Irish on it too.

Alot of teachers do that to avoid their students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Having a small row with my bf and in the middle of it he asks “how do you spell pigeon” bastard always makes me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Alot of teachers do that to avoid their students

That I understand, it is other randomers in my Friends list do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And 99.99% of them haven't a clue how to speak the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Passive aggressive behaviour. When I ask is something wrong when this particular individual huffs and puffs and for fcuk sakes, they always sarcastically respond with "Nothing at all, sure why would anything be wrong?". It does my head in. If something is wrong just say it, FFS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

The Kardashians

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

"We're has the time gone?!"

- WHERE has your knowledge of basic f*cking English gone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Listen to a lot of gaming/tech podcasts .Theres some hosts who just
    have to use the f word at random times ,on american podcasts , or youtube video,s no one is allowed to use the word criticise ,
    eg They say for example i dont want to sh1t on this game ,but its menus
    are awful.
    These are people who are educated , most of them went to college or university to study jouranlism or media studys.
    I presume at one time they studied english grammer .
    irish people who just use american slang.
    and bad language as if the went to college in new york.
    One example tom irish lad presenter ,
    if you want to buy my sh1t go to itunes url etc
    I will throw my credit card in the river before i buy anything from an irish or an english person
    who uses faux usa type slang.
    I ,m not a prude , i think if you use the f word every 5minutes it just becomes meaningless like audio wallpaper .

i know its a fashion thing i find it strange to see people walking around
    dublin in winter with large rips in the front of their jeans .
    Are they not cold , do they go to a secret store to buy pre ripped jeans .
    Or do they buy them and rip the up when they get home .
    i presume they are trying to look cool .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

The Kardashians

Nothing TA about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    "We're has the time gone?!"

- WHERE has your knowledge of basic f*cking English gone?!

This! What is so difficult about there, their and they're? I get so distracted when reading posts and seeing 'I seen', 'There over their'.

Okay, I know my TA is very trivial, but I've run out of wine and am in a bitchy mood. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement