Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

CosmicJay wrote: »
    Paa Connors stole my mint 6 speed Raleigh back in 2008.

I want my bike back Paa. Paa give me back my bike.

True Detective: Season 4, starring Brendan Gleeson and Colm Meaney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

This kinda thing is what makes that "working class heroes" reverse snobbery particularly odious.

What kind of person would say "you're just racist" (travellers are white) to people for simply talking about the likes of the above.

You don’t really believe that crap you quoted do you?

Your childish insults do you no favours btw. Shame on you.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Other passengers on the same flight have been quoted in the press and said pretty much the same as what was posted here so there is good reason to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Shame on you.

I hate to repeat myself, but:

FidZknJ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

On Liveline now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Now LOIVE on Lahvlahn!

Other passengers on the same flight have been quoted in the press and said pretty much the same as what was posted here so there is good reason to believe it.

Fair enough so. I just find it hard to believe a “big fight” broke out on a flight and it wasn’t diverted to the nearest airport to have them checked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They're Irish again here ....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12190787

Granny Hearld is fair milking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I know an elderly man who told 'members of the travelling community' not to be littering by the river here. As a result he was beaten senseless.

Sorry for my racist traveller bashing.

Honestly, if you don't want to be viewed as a racist, replace the word traveler with scumbag.. I dont think you be called out for scumbagist,
    And scumbags come from all races and creeds..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Honestly, if you don't want to be viewed as a racist, replace the word traveler with scumbag.. I dont think you be called out for scumbagist,

If they are travelers are people not allowed to mention that?

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »

Good post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

onrail wrote: »
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12190605

Auckland Mayor: "They're worse than Pigs and I'd like to see them out of our country"

Well said - Fair play to the man

Have we anyone in the country who could stand up and say such a thing without being flogged?

Have we anyone in the country who could stand up and say such a thing without being flogged?

Considering the pearl-clutching and general hysteria when Casey dared say he thought they should be treated the same as everyone else, I'd say we'll be waiting a while before someone calls them out that honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They're Irish again here ....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12190787

Granny Hearld is fair milking them.

They can't make up their minds if they're Irish or English
    PUxNvTC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Probably ethnic Irish travellers in England .

Probably ethnic Irish travellers in England .

They don't want to be ethnic Irish though, they want to be ethnic travellers, so feck claiming them as ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Karl Marx would say that the travellers are lumpen proletariat not working class. In any case you probably aren’t working class.

It’s funny isn’t it. Here criticism of travellers is racist even though they are clearly the same ethnic group as us. In NZ the actions of travellers is good for some paddy bashing. We literally can’t win.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kiwis don't tolerate sh1te from visitors to their country. They're very direct and to the point.

Not a breed to be messed with. Much tougher than Aussies in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Somebody should advise them to apply for Asylum over there as a persecuted minority and get permanent residents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Unlike your constant insults towards people who aren't born into the glorious working class.
    Why is the plane story so unbelievable? oh yeah cus it doesn't suit.

Another in denial.

There are disproprtionate levels of crime in the traveller community. It's not racist to acknowledge this in relation to fellow whites. Seriously, don't know how it's to you or anyone's benefit to deny reality or pretend words on the internet is worse.

Karl Marx would say that the travellers are lumpen proletariat not working class. In any case you probably aren’t working class.

Would he? Ok so, if you say so.

Never said I was/wasn't working class.
    If you want to know, just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

Nobody cares

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Marx, whatever you think of his manifesto, wouldn't care for them at all. As a simple read of this would indicate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpenproletariat

Unlike your constant insults towards people who aren't born into the glorious working class.
    Why is the plane story so unbelievable? oh yeah cus it doesn't suit.

Another in denial.

There are disproprtionate levels of crime in the traveller community. It's not racist to acknowledge this in relation to fellow whites. Seriously, don't know how it's to you or anyone's benefit to deny reality or pretend words on the internet is worse.

You are assuming I’m working class? I’ve never said either way. Don’t let my handle here fool you.
    I’ve already stated why I think the plane story is unbelievable. If it turns out I’m wrong I’m big enough to hold my hands up. No denial here.

Yes I agree there are disproportionate levels of crime in the Traveler community and it’s not racist to assume this. It’s a fair comment.
    But it goes far beyond that around here and Tbh I haven’t the energy to go into the detail of why I think that because it’s been done to death.

Maybe I went a bit over the top calling people racist, but I genuinely believe there are distinct racist tendencies creeping into society and it’s very evident here.
    I’ve stated on boards before I have more a reason to bear a grudge against Travelers, but I’m determined not to let one (serious) incident cloud my judgement. Maybe I’m too soft, I don’t know.

Anyway apologies again for the name calling, probably best if I don’t post here again.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Deported just like that.

And we can't even deport terrorists.

well no, they haven't been deported yet. They have been told they will be deported but they have 28 days to appeal so they could stay in the country for another 28 days if they wanted to.

Would he? Ok so, if you say so.

It’s not really on my say so.
    Never said I was/wasn't working class.

I don’t really care. Most of us are working class, anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

So eastern European people in Ireland can never experience racism then?

Haaaaaaa.

Racism is duscrimination based on race. Colour is one of the most visible indicators of race. But accent is another widely used indicator.
    Accent is an indicator on nationality, not race. What you are talking about is xenophobia.

Advertisement