Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish" tourists dump rubbish on NZ beach, threaten locals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

supermouse wrote: »
    4Ad wrote: »
    As if the flight wasn't long enough without having to put up with that crap..

And.. I had food poisoning. I don't know which was worse....

God Bless you, some journey from hell !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So is the mayor of Auckland a racist?

IMHO, he got it spot on.
    Pity people back here can't say it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Fair enough so. I just find it hard to believe a “big fight” broke out on a flight and it wasn’t diverted to the nearest airport to have them checked off.

I assure you, I am not lying.

By fight I meant verbal, not physical. Although at one point he did snatch the child from her hands quite roughly.

Instead of calling me a liar perhaps ask me to clarify should you have any doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ArrBee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

wyndhurst wrote: »

Looks like their MO travels worldwide too, start slinging harrassment accusations when confronted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Markcheese wrote: »
    Honestly, if you don't want to be viewed as a racist, replace the word traveler with scumbag.. I dont think you be called out for scumbagist,
    And scumbags come from all races and creeds..

Well they were travellers. And I was being facetious. In reality I couldn't give a shite if someone thinks telling the truth about a group of people who are the same race as me is racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well they were travellers. And I was being facetious. In reality I couldn't give a shite if someone thinks telling the truth about a group of people who are the same race as me is racist.

Fair enough, turns out most of them are claiming to be English (thankfully), and it's alright to hate them.. Everyone hates the pommes....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭blackbox

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You got to respect the set of stones on that youngfella.

Respect?

If my son was as rude, disrespectful and aggressive towards anyone, never mind a complete stranger, I'd feel that I had failed him as a parent.

What possible future can a child have when he is allowed (or taught) to behave like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One little traveller child hacked up a load of spit into his mouth and attempted to spit it at me as I walked past him sitting in a trolley in dunnes. He couldn’t have been more than 4. I stood and stared right at him and he started to deflate his cheeks and smile at me.

They have understanding of consequences. If the child had spat that evening wtf could I have done about it anyway? Approach his parents? They couldn’t give less of a fuk that their kids were running riot.

They’re used to doing what they like, taking what they like, without there being any repercussions. I would say they can’t believe the uproar from NZ, when that behaviour is just pardoned over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

One little traveller child hacked up a load of spit into his mouth and attempted to spit it at me as I walked past him sitting in a trolley in dunnes. He couldn’t have been more than 4. I stood and stared right at him and he started to deflate his cheeks and smile at me.

They have understanding of consequences. If the child had spat that evening wtf could I have done about it anyway? Approach his parents? They couldn’t give less of a fuk that their kids were running riot.

They’re used to doing what they like, taking what they like, without there being any repercussions. I would say they can’t believe the uproar from NZ, when that behaviour is just pardoned over here.

That's the difference between a country where a minimum standard of behaviour is expected and this place where due to the Tyrany of political correctness, your behaviour and actions are assessed based on whether you are officially vulnerable or not

It's stories like this which lay bare just what happened a few months ago with casey collecting near a quarter of votes, the official Ireland and media narative surrounding travellers is an insidious rotten lie and its doing great harm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sindy-joyce-is-first-traveller-to-graduate-with-a-phd-in-ireland-1.3759198

What an achievement for this woman, I hope more travellers reach these heights of higher education.

However, one would hope that attaining such an educational milestone would allow some objectivity and understanding on how and why the world views travellers in such a way.
    She also found there is a “institutionalised stereotype” of Travellers embedded in the settled community, which is mostly negative-based.

I don't think anyone needs a Phd to understand why negative traveller stereotypes exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Surprise,Surprise.

From that link
    She must pay up $55.20 for the Red Bull, sunglasses and rope she stole from the Caltex at Albany - on December 31 and January 4 - by 4pm. Cash arrived in the country on November 29 on a six-month travelling visa...

Cash returned to the same Caltex Store on January 3 with her children. She walked around the store and concealed a four pack of Red Bull cans, wire rope and a pair of Zephyr sunglasses before leaving the store without paying.

A number of things - the 6 month travelling visa and the multiple thefts of rope/ wire rope (oops I nearly wrote 'purchases') . What exactly were they planning to get up to during their time there? The 'family' are also claiming to be British passport holders. I'm sure the British will be delighted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

gozunda wrote: »
    From that link

A number of things - the 6 month travelling visa and the multiple thefts of rope/ wire rope (oops I nearly wrote 'purchases') . What exactly were they planning to get up to during their time there? The 'family' are also claiming to be British passport holders. I'm sure the British will be delighted ...

Did she steal Red Bull, sunglasses and wire rope twice or is that the same incident?

If she robbed those exact things twice, it's just weird - wire rope?!

Gravelly wrote: »
    Did she steal Red Bull, sunglasses and wire rope twice or is that the same incident?

If she robbed those exact things twice, it's just weird - wire rope?!

Edit:

Not sure if two seperate incidents. The mind boggles tbh ...

No I think two seperate incidents. The mind boggles tbh ...

I'm trying to think of some McGyver-like use for those three items but I'm drawing a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Listened to this on NT earlier, apparently they're from Liverpool.

Multiple accusations of theft , including refusing to pay several restaurant bills and shoplifting.

I think the N.Z speokesperson said a high ranking official publicly described them as "arseholes".

Seems the littering was the straw that broke the camel's back, and they could be facing deportation.

Gotta admire the Kiwi's.

No messing over there.

Whatever about the thieving allegations, the fact that they seem to deem it acceptable to mess with the environment shows they have a lack of common respect and decency, and are quite rightly being reprimanded for it.

Multiple accusations of theft , including refusing to pay several restaurant bills and shoplifting.

I think the N.Z speokesperson said a high ranking official publicly described them as "arseholes".

Seems the littering was the straw that broke the camel's back, and they could be facing deportation.

Gotta admire the Kiwi's.

No messing over there.

Whatever about the thieving allegations, the fact that they seem to deem it acceptable to mess with the environment shows they have a lack of common respect and decency, and are quite rightly being reprimanded for it.

It's remarkable that they would do all of those things over here, on a daily basis, without any repercussions. In fact any attempt to pull them up on that behaviour here would be denounced as racism.

Gravelly wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of some McGyver-like use for those three items but I'm drawing a blank.

Reread the article and I'm not sure tbh. Also the bit about that lady in question who "appeared in front of (the court) and was stood down for an application for urgent legal aid to be lodged."

They can afford to go on holiday for six months but were applying for legal aid?

• Advertisement

They can afford to go on holiday for six months but were applying for legal aid?

And they're not exactly back-packing - they appear to have rented at least two vehicles from the reports I've read, and have travelled extensively. Plus there's the grandfather who is "the 10th richest man in England" - surely he can chip in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Reread the article and I'm not sure tbh. Also the bit about that lady in question who "appeared in front of (the court) and was stood down for an application for urgent legal aid to be lodged."

His father is "one of the richest men in England", the could afford to travel to NZ, and they need to shoplift and free legal aid?

Not sure what to say about that really, dare I say it I'll offend someone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

All this raises the big obvious question - why the excessive tolerance here in Ireland? Do we owe these people something? Are they special?

We TALK about being a republic, but ... then again some African ****holes like to title themselves 'Democratic' and it is usually a strong indicator that they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I knew a little Austrian....:rolleyes:

topper75 wrote: »
    All this raises the big obvious question - why the excessive tolerance here in Ireland? Do we owe these people something? Are they special?

We TALK about being a republic, but ... then again some African ****holes like to title themselves 'Democratic' and it is usually a strong indicator that they are not.

A combination of long-term labour/leftist control of academia and media, combined with the Irish reluctance to challenge the status quo (we've effectively had the same government almost since the foundation of the state).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

topper75 wrote: »

Hopefully people realise soon that Ireland is a left wing country in the extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 15,888 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Hopefully people realise soon that Ireland is a left wing country in the extreme

Until people complain about the housing crisis then it's a 'right wing capitalist' one...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

I hope that this thread is noticed in NZ,
    Its pretty despicable what those people did there, but goes to show how bad it is here, that these things are tolerated and even defended.
    Time for the traveller community to be held to account for their actions, along with rights comes responsibility. That applies to everyone, but you'd think travellers would have more reason to want to help break down alleged stereotypes, instead they create and reinforce them.

1874 wrote: »
    I hope that this thread is noticed in NZ,
    Its pretty despicable what those people did there, but goes to show how bad it is here, that these things are tolerated and even defended.
    Time for the traveller community to be held to account for their actions, along with rights comes responsibility. That applies to everyone, but you'd think travellers would have more reason to want to help break down alleged stereotypes, instead they create and reinforce them.

They don't give an absolute shïte. Listen to John Connors - travellers have absolutely no shame about how they behave, and actually think civilised society is some kind of wimpy cop-out, and that they are the "real men".
    There was a poster on the Margaret Cash thread, presumably a traveller, who said as much as well.
    The see us as a soft touch to be leeched upon, and they are facilitated in this by their taxpayer-funded quangos, the media, and government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Gotta admire the Kiwi's.

No messing over there.

There should be a zero tolerance policy on tourists in any country. Any law breaking and kick them out of the country.

Shoplifting should be an immediate deportation.

Advertisement