Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Grace7, she is in Malaysia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home getting the weeks worth of work outfits ready....

Trying to invent an office appropriate outfit that would include my pink high heeled boots that are in a kind of imitation doc Martin style but with heels.... Any suggestions welcome! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside again after spending a few hours with my nephew and sister and BIL.
    TG1 wrote: »
    Home getting the weeks worth of work outfits ready....

Trying to invent an office appropriate outfit that would include my pink high heeled boots that are in a kind of imitation doc Martin style but with heels.... Any suggestions welcome! :pac:

Wear with it the unicorn jumper......sorted :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Deskside again after spending a few hours with my nephew and sister and BIL.

Wear with it the unicorn jumper......sorted :cool:

Hah! Love it... May give it a try on casual Friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

Just back from athletics competition in Athlone IT with eldest chicken......started off well but had a bloody argument with her, put a dampner on the day......can feel the rest of the ladies in the house starting to circle the wagons now...gonna be a long night for this buck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitchenside, baking one of those part baked rolls in the oven. Starving and dinner won’t be for another good while knowing my mam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Kitchenside, baking one of those part baked rolls in the oven. Starving and dinner won’t be for another good while knowing my mam

*Slides plate across to kitty*

Currently sliding my plate across to kitty 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Going to make soup from scratch

*Slides plate across to kitty*

Currently sliding my plate across to kitty 😀

I have the rolls, Shoes will have the soup, there’s a meal for ya :p

You could always make it yourself :p

• Advertisement

Going to make soup from scratch
    I have the rolls, Shoes will have the soup, there’s a meal for ya :p

My two favorite gals 😀😁

I'm in bed all plans gone out the window thanks to my sinuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Do I smell soup & freshly cooked rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do I smell soup & freshly cooked rolls?

I believe you do.

In the Kitchen. Spent all day on the couch and that was not the plan. Ordered in takeaway for the ladies. I want to go for a pint now and order a sloppy Chinese takeaway afterwards.

Cheeky poly :-O

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I believe you do.

In the Kitchen. Spent all day on the couch and that was not the plan. Ordered in takeaway for the ladies. I want to go for a pint now and order a sloppy Chinese takeaway afterwards.

I was out for a stroll & was tempted to swing in for one.

Back home now & don't want to move now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

Sorry for your loss youngblood, sending you all the bro hugs

*bro hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Trying to psyche myself to go to the bathroom to clean a massive sh!te the dog did.

I would but my mam’s making dinner for her elderly uncle today so she said she might as well cook for me too :pac:

• Advertisement

Really sorry to hear that. Even though you know it is only a matter of time, nothing fully prepares you for the actual death of a loved one.

We are all here if you need to talk too.

Don't be concerned about knowing what to do, there is no right thing to do or feel in these moments. All you can do is be there for the rest of your family.

I’m so sorry for your loss Shpud. You were there for him though and I’m sure he felt some comfort in that. Go easy on yourself, allow yourself to come to terms with it. Thinking of you and as always if you ever need a chat, we’re all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry for your loss Shpud .
    This time now can be very odd , like a Twilight Zone where you're at a loss as to what to do next . Do nothing , take time for yourself and your feelings , your family will guide you in the days ahead .

Sorry for your loss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Showered and sat on the sofa. Not a great day. I have to mark today so I'll pour a glass of wine and peruse Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday NG !

Sit down , relax , and enjoy your glass of wine and remember , it's only a number , and still a young one at that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday NG !

Sit down , relax , and enjoy your glass of wine and remember , it's only a number , and still a young one at that !

Thanks a mill Mam. Wish ye were all here to share it :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

@Shpud, so sorry your grandad is gone. Take care of yourself.

At home drunk and sated. Had a chip butty made on Brennan's batch with homemade chips. Perfection. Not sure what will do on Monday when my batch is all gone. Can someone post me some?

I’ll have a drink for you tonight and sending you every single good vibe I can find (there’s not very many I’m a cranky cow :D)

It’s not a number day, it’s a you day. Birthdays are about everything that makes you happy. So spoil yourself and enjoy the rest of your day.
    B051-A3-BA-0-C5-F-43-BA-81-F1-9-E3-CFFA2-E10-E.jpg

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »
    @Shpud, so sorry your grandad is gone. Take care of yourself.

At home drunk and sated. Had a chip butty made on Brennan's batch with homemade chips. Perfection. Not sure what will do on Monday when my batch is all gone. Can someone post me some?

It might be a bit stale by the time it gets to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement