Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 syrian families arrive in ireland, then what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭Odhinn

sk8erboii wrote: »
    To conservatives: Why dont you just live in a cabin in the woods since you dont like anything that is foreign?

Jaysus no. It'll end up like "Wrong Turn".

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

batgoat wrote: »
    Except this poster has already stated they would not get in any taxi where the driver is black.... Taxi drivers are vetted every five years and guessing the process is similar to working in schools, if you've lived abroad. The countries you were residing have to clear you alongside Garda vetting. The reality is we likely have Irish taxi drivers who have committed rape and gotten away with it. Tretorn is using every reason possible to justify being incredibly racist.

Notably he's not saying the same about white foreign nationals who may have slipped through the vetting process. It's just all directed at drivers who aren't white. What does that strike you as?

Yeah i dont agree with everything he said but he is spot on what he said in the part of his post i quoted. I seen he didnt mention non vetted white drivers, that still doesnt make what he said in the post wrong. I couldn't care less if hes racist it doesn't affect me.

To conservatives: Why dont you just live in a cabin in the woods since you dont like anything that is foreign?

Wouldnt it be best, and satisfy your fear of the unknown?

And isnt it hypocritical to keep criticisng foreigners while living in a land that is deeply influenced by foreign people?

I dont think anyone said they dont like anything foreign, no need to exaggerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Billy86 wrote: »
    A Pakistani man becomes a taxi driver in Ireland by migrating to ireland, having. he driving driving licence, and applying for a job as a taxi driver. There is a reason why just about all large cities have a lot of foreign taxi drivers.

As for police checks, if it is the same as jobs like child care they would be required to do a full check in all countries they have lived in since 18. I don't know if taxi companies require them, but the Pakistani driver would have required the same docs as a Larry Murphy, or Dave that I used to play football with.

And no it's not racist to ask. It is however racist to point blank refuse to get a taxi based on literally nothing but the drivers race/skin colour, don't you agree?

LOl, a taxi driver comes to Ireland maybe on false papers. He doesnt apply for any taxi licence, his brother in law or cousin has a taxi licence that he bought off some extended family member. All the men look the same so the taxi is never off the road and most of the people driving it arent insured. If they crash the car they will just leg it and the person who owns it will say someone stole it.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crackdown-on-illegal-immigrant-taxi-drivers-37191230.html

If you live in a country where women dont report rape because the general feeling is you are dirt if you go out without a male minder and no one not even your family will want you. You are worth less than the price of a cow to your father anyway and thats if you are a virgin, if you have had sex before marriage even if it was forced on you your family will never marry you off. This is why nonsense about vetting Pakistani men or Somali men or Eitrean men is breath takingly stupid, do the liberals actually believe anyone can have individuals from these countries vetted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

tretorn wrote: »
    LOl, a taxi driver comes to Ireland maybe on false papers. He doesnt apply for any taxi licence, his brother in law or cousin has a taxi licence that he bought off some extended family member. All the men look the same so the taxi is never off the road and most of the people driving it arent insured. If they crash the car they will just leg it and the person who owns it will say someone stole it.

If you live in a country where women dont report rape because the general feeling is you are dirt if you go out without a male minder and no one not even your family will want you. You are worth less than the price of a cow to your father anyway and thats if you are a virgin, if you have had sex before marriage even if it was forced on you your family will never marry you off. This is why nonsense about vetting Pakistani men or Somali men or Eitrean men is breath takingly stupid, do the liberals actually believe anyone can have individuals from these countries vetted.

Ireland has an incredibly low conviction rate on rape. Most cases don't make it to trial. Even with a conviction, a judge will often speak positively about the rapist. Good background, you might get a sentence reduction. If it was a rape attempt then can be a suspended sentence. Plenty of women don't report rape in Ireland for all those reasons. Honestly your concern sounds more like an excuse to discriminate based on skin colour.

• Advertisement

If you are raped in Pakistan you may be stoned to death.

As for getting to Court, dont make me laugh.

Stop making a fool of yourself, Irish women are living in Paradise compared to women in Pakistan. If you look at a picture of a middleaged woman in Pakistan she will look like a seventy year old.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/latest-taxi-drivers-federation-surprised-by-rate-of-arrests-during-illegal-immigration-crackdown-860505.html

I am getting the last bus home in future, the PC brigade can do what they like.

The PSA are handing out licences left right and centre to Pakistanis and i can tell you for a fact proper checks in a lot of cases aren't done. And i was told that by an employee of the PSA, so dont be surprised if the same thing is happening in the taxi industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

NO, I am not interested in finding out the personal background of the driver.

would you use a white polish driver or a white british driver? or is it only white irish drivers? how would you know your white irish driver actually wasn't born in poland and came to ireland when young for example? may have an irish accent and all.
    Nigerians have a culture of fraud and forging of documentation so realistically whoever is vetting their suitability to drive taxis is floundering in the dark, pardon the pun. There are no records kept in many African countries so its impossible to vet immigrants properly.

every single nigerian? i presume you have met them all and follow them around?
    Its better to be safe than sorry so stop with your moralistic posturing batgoat.

this isn't about being safe rather then sorry though is it, if you are honest. this is about a dislike of black people.
    Still waiting for this claim to be backed up. I see end of the road liked the comment, maybe you could provide facts to this claim you liked/agreed with.

women saw as inferior, especially if unmarried or had children out of wedlock for which many were locked up and had their children effectively, or outright stolen and sold off with records doctored/altered or destroyed, or were forced to flee the country before such barbarity could be inflicted upon them. marital rape not even recognised as a crime up until the 90s.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Why werent those bogus taxi drivers deported.

They engaged in sham marriages so they could work in this country, where are they now and who is monitoring their movements.

The numbers of non nationals in this country is way under estimated. Out of sixty people applying for taxi licences in the recent past forty were non national. Have all of these people got into the country illegally and then married a EU citizen so they could stay. Who has done any vetting of these people before they took to taxiing, answers on a postage stamp please.

There is no one taking responsibility for vetting these people so I am taking care of myself and my family myself, I have a clear conscience, my job is to make sure my family are safe in their own country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

If you are raped in Pakistan you may be stoned to death.

As for getting to Court, dont make me laugh.

Stop making a fool of yourself, Irish women are living in Paradise compared to women in Pakistan. If you look at a picture of a middleaged woman in Pakistan she will look like a seventy year old.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/latest-taxi-drivers-federation-surprised-by-rate-of-arrests-during-illegal-immigration-crackdown-860505.html

I am getting the last bus home in future, the PC brigade can do what they like.

Never said Ireland was worse but you're using rape as a justification for racism. You're not concern about white non nationals, you're not concerned there may be Irish taxi drivers that have raped women.

You also seem to be under some bizarre impression that women who have been raped are treated fairly in Ireland. They're not and it often goes unreported for that reason. So yeah, we're better than Pakistan but we're still pretty ****ty when it comes to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If someone had talked sense into the Swedish and Danish young women and told them to be wary of Moroccan men they wouldnt have agreed to go hiking with them.

i presume you knew these women to be able to say what they would and wouldn't have done? i'd imagine that if they were told to be warey of these men simply because they were foreign, then perhapse quite understandibly, not knowing what the men would do, they would have ignored it.
    They spent too much time listening to bat**** crazies like batgoat and end of the road and unfortuneatly they suffered an agonising death.

yes they spent time listening to people who are realistic and who don't make decisians about people based on skin colour or nationality or race.
    None of these Islam countries are safe for white women to travel in and women travelling need to think about their personal safety. They have grown up in a country where their safety is taken for granted, they are too trusting and naive and its the PC tripe that people are good and decent the same wherever you go that leads to tragedy.

i doubt they are naive, nor do they listen to mythical pc tripe. but yes i would say that one should try and stay out of middle eastern countries, not because the people are generally brown or black, or because they are muslims, but because of the rules and laws that exist in those countries.
    Ireland never had the same attitude to women as its belittling of the suffering of muslim women to even make this statement.

it had more or less the same attitude without the stoning to death or similar.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The PSA are handing out licences left right and centre to Pakistanis and i can tell you for a fact proper checks in a lot of cases aren't done. And i was told that by an employee of the PSA, so dont be surprised if the same thing is happening in the taxi industry.

You dont have to tell me robo that checks arent being carried out, there is no way any vetting can be done about anyone who has arrived from Pakistan or Afghanistan or any North African country. We havent a clue who these people are or whats in their past. They arrive in here and no one asks questions when they apply for licences until some jobsworth notices a huge increase in the numbers applying and then a couple of years later someone orders roadblocks to be set up and half the people driving taxis are problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭enricoh

Wouldnt it be best, and satisfy your fear of the unknown?

And isnt it hypocritical to keep criticisng foreigners while living in a land that is deeply influenced by foreign people?

Our fear of the unknown? Yeah, if only there was some countries near us that we could compare how well their new Muslim neighbours have integrated.
    The uk, France n Belgium are deeply enriched by their presence with no go zones, jihadists, child grooming etc.
    Sign us up leo n i hope u get a nice plum job in Europe out of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

would you use a white polish driver or a white british driver? or is it only white irish drivers? how would you know your white irish driver actually wasn't born in poland and came to ireland when young for example? may have an irish accent and all.

every single nigerian? i presume you have met them all and follow them around?

this isn't about being safe rather then sorry though is it, if you are honest. this is about a dislike of black people.

women saw as inferior, especially if unmarried or had children out of wedlock for which many were locked up and had their children effectively, or outright stolen and sold off with records doctored/altered or destroyed, or were forced to flee the country before such barbarity could be inflicted upon them. marital rape not even recognised as a crime up until the 90s.

Yeah walking down the street to tuts and "shame on her" - that's the same as a village council deciding that as a punishment for your brother committing fraud, you should be gang raped.

Idiotic as ever.

enricoh wrote: »
    Our fear of the unknown? Yeah, if only there was some countries near us that we could compare how well their new Muslim neighbours have integrated.
    The uk, France n Belgium are deeply enriched by their presence with no go zones, jihadists, child grooming etc.
    Sign us up leo n i hope u get a nice plum job in Europe out of it!

I think there are some people out there that will actually welcome the carnage that will eventually happen here.

I mean they can see whats happening in other countries in Europe, but it doesn't seem.to bother them.

Your daughter may as I said grow up with muslims in her class and in her neighbourhood.

She could be lulled into a false sense of security or may be educated by people like end of the road who view taking your personal safety seriously as being racist. Some people on this thread have even called people who dont want to buy Polish food racist. Are the Poles living here racist because they dont want to eat Irish food, they like their own so much better that they get someone to import in enough quantities to establish Polish shops.

I think there are some people out there that will actually welcome the carnage that will eventually happen here.

I mean they can see whats happening in other countries in Europe, but it doesn't seem.to bother them.

Ridiculous that. Why would you work so hard to try and open the eyes of the blind morons to reality - only to welcome it ???

One of my good friends was in Victoria station in Manchester on New Year's Eve, never been so scared reading what happened.

You think anyone "welcomes" that barbarism? You're deluded and sick

Your daughter may as I said grow up with muslims in her class and in her neighbourhood.

She could be lulled into a false sense of security or may be educated by people like end of the road who view taking your personal safety seriously as being racist. Some people on this thread have even called people who dont want to buy Polish food racist. Are the Poles living here racist because they dont want to eat Irish food, they like their own so much better that they get someone to import in enough quantities to establish Polish shops.

Bord Bia want us buying local produce, what about the polonez shop??? Surely bord bia are discriminating here?

Ridiculous that. Why would you work so hard to try and open the eyes of the blind morons to reality - only to welcome it ???

One of my good friends was in Victoria station in Manchester on New Year's Eve, never been so scared reading what happened.

You think anyone "welcomes" that barbarism? You're deluded and sick

Enabling it is as good as welcoming it.

Enabling it is as good as welcoming it.

I apologise. I thought you were one of those who think we'd be "giddy with excitement" as I read on here if there was a suicide attack or similar. Proved right and all that.

Sorry, and you're right about enabling the Hell we're in for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Seriously they can come here and replace the Irish families, they can't be any worse than what we have currently.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Seriously they can come here and replace the Irish families, they can't be any worse than what we have currently.

Who's we and where are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well then your "friend" is a liar.

Amazing how so many of you have "friends" who know someone or work somewhere or happen to be in the vicinity :rolleyes:

Well then your "friend" is a liar.

Amazing how so many of you have "friends" who know someone or work somewhere or happen to be in the vicinity :rolleyes:

She's not a liar. She's not my friend either don't be putting words in my mouth.

Who's we and where are you referring to?

I'm referring to my scummy drug dealing neighbours and their kids, I currently live in a sinkhole estate in dublin. I'd rather hear the call to prayer than motorbikes and robbed cars flying around constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I'm referring to my scummy drug dealing neighbours and their kids, I currently live in a sinkhole estate in dublin. I'd rather hear the call to prayer than motorbikes and robbed cars flying around constantly.

LOL, dont forget the random explosion along with the rape culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crackdown-on-illegal-immigrant-taxi-drivers-37191230.html

All equally applicable to white Irish drivers on the first graph. You don't care though, because as you've made explicitly and repeatedly clear, you are a racist. You're even on the "they all look the same" line now, which at this point is what people use to satirise your type.

Your second paragraph basically says anyone driving taxis before 1991 where you could rape your wife should have their licences taken. Probably all Irish drivers full stop as ireland has low levels of reporting.

Perhaps the most predictable thing about racists is that they're reliable to be thick as sh*te, scared, cowards and contradict their own argument no end.

LOL, dont forget the random explosion along with the rape culture

plenty of women being raped as is, their attackers walking around with 50-60-70+ convictions, and then getting light sentences and the place already looks like a bomb hit it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So you're a soundbite for ethnic cleansing?

Btw Europe is the World's safest continent (Austria/Denmark regularily appear in the top 5), Ireland is ranked 10th by the GPI.

Afghanistan, South Sudan, Iraq and Somalia comprise the remaining least peaceful countries, many arrive with PTSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭donaghs

McGiver wrote: »
    2-3 years ago yes, but the war is over. There are only small pocket's that still have activity.

Total bollocks. War is over - you mean Asad with the help of the Russians are near a total victory? Which left hundreds of thousands civilians dead, the country razed to the ground and totally destroyed - materially, politically, socially and economically. Millions internally displaced and millions fled the country.

Nobody sane will return to this country if Asad achieves total victory.

Seriously? You really think Syria would be a better place for everyone if Assad was toppled and “the rebels” took over? Considering the most powerful rebel groups were Al Qaida affiliates. Please do some more research.

Most of the population stuck with the government, and now the government have reconquered most of the country and the war is over
    in 90% of the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement