Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

He is old. Never remember him using his BJJ that much in any of his fights. Been a long time but didn't gsp totally dominate him, don't remember anything bj did BJJ wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    dashoonage wrote: »
    People forget. Also remember the mcnugglites don't know what a BJ Penn or jiujitsu is.

Wonder what answer you'd get by posting that in the mcg thread?

Bj used to be good the same way Chuck used to be good
    Father time has caught up with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That'll be my bet tonight so. I just have zero faith in Hall's striking and don't think he can sub BJ.

BJ is 40 and gets tired insanely quickly these days. Hall should weather the "storm" and dominate him really. Hate saying that but it's the truth. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyborg pts
    I really liked Hall in TUF, happy he won it (against the goat may I add) but his UFC career has been shyte. Not sure if he's not pushed on fighting or if UFC wouldn't book him in order to punish his style. BJ could overwhelm him early but I think he's gonna be in trouble if it goes to the ground, Ryan is just a slippery basterd.

I'm hoping BJ gets the win and finally sets off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Cyborg pts
    dulux99 wrote: »
    BJ is 40 and gets tired insanely quickly these days. Hall should weather the "storm" and dominate him really. Hate saying that but it's the truth. I hope I'm wrong.

Will be standard Hall, Pull guard and look for heel hook from strikes. BJs Jitz ain’t up to that level at his age, Naturally age affects you.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

If BJ gets the win then I reckon that's the last thing he'll want to do! The man should be saved from himself. He hasn't won a fight since 2010. It's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I really liked Hall in TUF, happy he won it (against the goat may I add) but his UFC career has been shyte. Not sure if he's not pushed on fighting or if UFC wouldn't book him in order to punish his style. BJ could overwhelm him early but I think he's gonna be in trouble if it goes to the ground, Ryan is just a slippery basterd.

Career has been ****? He has had only one fight in the ufc proper. Maybe that's what you meant. He has said before he isn't bothered about fighting much, think he has other things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nunes pts
    Looks like a great card however away in laws house so won't get to see it.

Small acca on Gus, Nunes and Ilir

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This time last year I’d have been excited all week about this and nothing would have stopped me from staying up for it.

Sad to say that my interest has wained so much as a result of the UFC’s antics that I’ll probably just look up the results in the morning, give it two seconds thought and get on with my day.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cyborg pts
    I'm in work tomorrow and Italy are an hour ahead so the main event probably won't be in until about 6.30/7.00 for me. Half tempted to sleep soon and wake up for the main card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    Paully D wrote: »

Sad to say that my interest has wained so much as a result of the UFC’s antics that I’ll probably just look up the results in the morning, give it two seconds thought and get on with my day.

:(

Jaysus Paully :eek:

Cyborg pts
    Yup

Cyborg pts
    Sorry lads wrong thread

Can't believe you'd objectify Nunes and Cyborg like that. I'm telling the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Jon Jones is a disgusting individual and I hope he gets absolutely mauled tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sojustrutz

First fight not on until 1am on bt is that right ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sojustrutz wrote: »
    First fight not on until 1am on bt is that right ?

Fight pass prelims start at 11.30, they're only on fight pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Gus sub
    OK I have to bet on Gus, I thought he won the first one and I think he looked the better of the two throughout the conference and weigh in.

Soooo the most likley outcome is Jones by a head kick in the first.

SB

PS Also going for Nunes..

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Can't believe you'd objectify Nunes and Cyborg like that. I'm telling the mods.

It was meant to be in a different thread mate

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I really hope Gus does him.

But watched the first fight again today and had it a draw and the rounds Jones won, I thought he won more clearly.

So part of me thinks that IF Jones had been fluting about before the last fight, then this is a different ball game.

Can't really see Cyborg losing. Nunes came in slightly heavier and I wonder if that might have a negative impact.

But I'm not a seasoned follower of MMA so take that with a pinch of salt.

Cyborg pts
    I really hope Gus does him.

But watched the first fight again today and had it a draw and the rounds Jones won, I thought he won more clearly.

So part of me thinks that IF Jones had been fluting about before the last fight, then this is a different ball game.

Can't really see Cyborg losing. Nunes came in slightly heavier and I wonder if that might have a negative impact.

But I'm not a seasoned follower of MMA so take that with a pinch of salt.

Amanda has had to come up from 135, granted she has fought at this weight the step up will be done with muscle mass- muscle weighs heavier then fat. I am on Gus,Chad and Amanda treble its a big luck one but I’m hoping it comes cause I hate Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cyborg pts
    I honestly think Cyborg is a horrible style matchip for Nunes, she's going to start fast and get contered and finished imo.

Really looking forward to seeing how Wood gets on, seems like a good lad and never gives up.

Hopefully bj retires after this one, it's painful seeing him decline and ruin his legacy so much.

It was meant to be in a different thread mate

I was joking pal relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Gus pts
    SlowBlowin wrote: »
    OK I have to bet on Gus, I thought he won the first one and I think he looked the better of the two throughout the conference and weigh in.

Soooo the most likley outcome is Jones by a head kick in the first.

SB

PS Also going for Nunes..

I really wanted to bet on gus too and will be rooting for him but I don't know if he can do it. As much as I dislike Jones I think he's going to go in and there do the business.

Amanda has had to come up from 135, granted she has fought at this weight the step up will be done with muscle mass- muscle weighs heavier then fat. I am on Gus,Chad and Amanda treble its a big luck one but I’m hoping it comes cause I hate Jones.

Sometimes the extra weight isn't beneficial, that's all I'm wondering. Great fight though.

Great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Obviously Nunes is coming up in weight but did anyone else think she was looking a bit soft, especially around the middle?

All relatively speaking of course because she's obviously an elite, world class athlete but I thought she was borderline pudgy looking. Not Big Country or Hunt or Bam Bam Tuivasa territory but definitely a hint of it in my eye.

Cyborg pts
    Sometimes the extra weight isn't beneficial, that's all I'm wondering. Great fight though.

Great card.

Not beneficial but needed, she needed to come up in weight. I’d rather be coming up then cutting.

• Advertisement

Obviously Nunes is coming up in weight but did anyone else think she was looking a bit soft, especially around the middle?

All relatively speaking of course because she's obviously an elite, world class athlete but I thought she was borderline pudgy looking

That's pretty much what made me question if it would help or hinder her.

Advertisement