Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 232 SAT. DEC. 29, JONES VS GUSTAFSSON 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyborg pts
    I like Megan but I'm a big Cat fan, hope she can pull off a big win here.

Also, classy stuff out of DC.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1078750174032195584?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Nunes pts
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I like Megan but I'm a big Cat fan, hope she can pull off a big win here.

Also, classy stuff out of DC.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1078750174032195584?s=19

Classy how? He was basically stripped when the fight was announced. They both made weight, the fight is definetley going ahead so he is stripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

DC is one of the biggest role models in all of sports.

Has gone through adversity in his life that is so great it is impossible to truly understand, does so much for his community, a proper family man, has only ever lost to a known cheat, and has won numerous titles in numerous divisions across numerous organisations.

A true legend and arguably the greatest to ever do it.

Nunes pts
    Paully D wrote: »

Has gone through adversity in his life that is so great it is impossible to truly understand, does so much for his community, a proper family man, has only ever lost to a known cheat, and has won numerous titles in numerous divisions across numerous organisations.

He is all of those things. I don't see how he gets credit for being stripped of a title though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyborg pts
    He could easily keep claiming to be the LHW champ and carry both belts around. Instead he's letting it go. I think it's a nice move anyway, especially how he has clung to Jones's shadow for so long, sign that he might be at peace with the whole thing.

I was never a big fan of DC but I hope he can retire early 19 or get one more money fight before riding off into the sunset, he deserves it

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    He could easily keep claiming to be the LHW champ and carry both belts around. Instead he's letting it go. I think it's a nice move anyway, especially how he has clung to Jones's shadow for so long, sign that he might be at peace with the whole thing.

I was never a big fan of DC but I hope he can retire early 19 or get one more money fight before riding off into the sunset, he deserves it

As long as he never fights Jones again, I’ll be happy.

Bounce Brock off the canvas for a round or two until he quits, make one last big payday, and ride off into the sunset as heavyweight champ.

It’d be the perfect ending IMO. He doesn’t need the Jones fight any more. His legacy far exceeds it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Cyborg pts
    Have lost huge interest in 232 due to jones once again popping. It’s getting old and Dana cannot even hide the lies anymore, he pAwned it all into Jeff novitzky last night when it got sticky.

Cmon the **** Gus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

He’s a cheat, he used a magic towel to make weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Have lost huge interest in 232 due to jones once again popping. It’s getting old and Dana cannot even hide the lies anymore, he pAwned it all into Jeff novitzky last night when it got sticky.

Cmon the **** Gus

It’s not a a fail it’s a long term metabolite from his previous fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Nunes pts

Jon Jones pops more than a bag of popcorn for **** sake..

• Advertisement

Cyborg pts

Have you ever heard of Frank Mir, He had less then a “Pictogram” in him and got sent on his way. A picogram did not stay in his body for that length of time and Jon saying his body reacts a certain way is balls. The mans a sted head has always been a dread head end of story. I hope Gus slaps the **** out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Good old chael breaking it down. As soon as jon tested clean anything found after that is a new fail. Nobody says jon took a picogram...thats whats left.

Also said chael himself had more juice in him than a tropicana the night the fought jon haha

Cyborg pts
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Good old chael breaking it down. As soon as jon tested clean anything found after that is a new fail. Nobody says jon took a picogram...thats whats left.

Nobody said he took a picogram. He is trying to say he couldn’t possibly of took it, I agree he couldn’t of took a picogram. His last test in August showed him clean- why fail in December?

Nunes pts
    Nobody said he took a picogram. He is trying to say he couldn’t possibly of took it, I agree he couldn’t of took a picogram. His last test in August showed him clean- why fail in December?

erm he failed in august and sept too...

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-jeff-novitzky-usada-jon-jones-drug-tests-ufc-232-doping

in fact in sept i think he had 19 of those pico mother ****ers in him

Cyborg pts
    dashoonage wrote: »
    erm he failed in august and sept too...

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-jeff-novitzky-usada-jon-jones-drug-tests-ufc-232-doping

in fact in sept i think he had 19 of those pico mother ****ers in him

I thought he passed in August. Anyway the fockers a cheat

Nunes pts
    Does anyone else think USADA stopped announcing people who failed tests in September was specifically to keep this under wraps? If NSAC had let this fight go ahead we would never have heard about it?

Yes. And combined with not disclosing them to CSAC last week either, and the convoluted mess since... shocking. I'm sure the newly announced 'preapproved' supplement providers will be Onnit (as thanks/quid pro quo to Joe rogan for use of his platform). Novitsky better be very very careful of everything he's saying and doing, because Dana will have him under a bus as the fall guy in a pico-second if this gets even messier...

And if the twitter rumors about UFC 145 are true - that's how Jones got them tangled up in a web: support me now or else I will talk. Nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose.

Nunes pts
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    Yes. And combined with not disclosing them to CSAC last week either, and the convoluted mess since... shocking. I'm sure the newly announced 'preapproved' supplement providers will be Onnit (as thanks/quid pro quo to Joe rogan for use of his platform). Novitsky better be very very careful of everything he's saying and doing, because Dana will have him under a bus as the fall guy in a pico-second if this gets even messier...

And if the twitter rumors about UFC 145 are true - that's how Jones got them tangled up in a web: support me now or else I will talk. Nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose.

Read something on Twitter about some journalist having "evidence" on 145 but not able to share it. Can you go into a bit more detail please?

Read something on Twitter about some journalist having "evidence" on 145 but not able to share it. Can you go into a bit more detail please?

https://twitter.com/MIKERUSSELLMMA And scroll/google a bit!

That's all I know - long night in babysitting, so I got clicking. And conspiracy theorising... He seems to have journalist accreditations.

Nunes pts
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MIKERUSSELLMMA And scroll/google a bit!

That's all I know - long night in babysitting, so I got clicking. And conspiracy theorising... He seems to have journalist accreditations.

That's what I saw earlier. I know something but I can't tell you kind of bull**** attention seeking really

• Advertisement

Aww, but I had so much fun getting 2+2+2+2 to add up :D

Something very wrong with the whole mess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Some physique on Douglas de Andrade, even after nearly 12 hours of rehydration.

It must be down to the fact that he works harder than everyone else in the gym.

Mike Russell clearly does some good investigative work, and I know his wife is quite sick at the moment so I don’t want to sound like a dick, but he does have a habit of saying things, saying he’s working on confirmation, and never really ever following up to back it up.

Now, I completely understand that he has to be absolutely bang on with what he says given the nature of the claims he make, but at a certain point continually missing deadlines makes him seem less credible.

His work on Ali is clearly good though, given the nature of the claims and no litigation from Ali.

That said, it is very interesting if the results from UFC 145 weren’t made available, yet lots before and after it were, especially when you see who was on the card.

Cyborg pts
    Mike Russell clearly does some good investigative work, and I know his wife is quite sick at the moment so I don’t want to sound like a dick, but he does have a habit of saying things, saying he’s working on confirmation, and never really ever following up to back it up.

Now, I completely understand that he has to be absolutely bang on with what he says given the nature of the claims he make, but at a certain point continually missing deadlines makes him seem less credible.

His work on Ali is clearly good though, given the nature of the claims and no litigation from Ali.

That said, it is very interesting if the results from UFC 145 weren’t made available, yet lots before and after it were, especially when you see who was on the card.

I hate Ali Abdel Azizz but MR is also a snake. There is litigation too, none of his claims are ever backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Cyborg sub
    No Moa Johansson in embedded :(

Nunes pts
    BJ Penn's BJJ game is levels ahead of anything Hall ever was. And I say that as a big fan of Ryan Hall.

BJ will win that fight handily. It's the worst matchup possible for Ryan Hall to be honest. So someone who can comfortably outstrike him who can also pretty comfortably out grapple him.

Just doing my bets there and see BJ is 4/1 to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    Just doing my bets there and see BJ is 4/1 to win.

That'll be my bet tonight so. I just have zero faith in Hall's striking and don't think he can sub BJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Nunes sub
    you're brave taking bj who is so far past it imo
    the price is probably a bit too big however but when he couldnt beat siver
    last year I doubt he'll beat hall

not sure he's levels above anybody these days and losing to siver last time wouldnt inspire confidence

can see hall getting cut if he loses also as he'll never be a draw of any sort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Nunes pts
    People are seriously sleeping on how good BJs jiu-jitsu is.

• Advertisement

Nunes pts
    People are seriously sleeping on how good BJs jiu-jitsu is.

People forget. Also remember the mcnugglites don't know what a BJ Penn or jiujitsu is.

Advertisement