Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DS86DS wrote: »
    Rubbish. Europeans have evolved over thousands of years in order to adopt to their environment. Hence, look at modern day Europe where non-European migrants are having problems adjusting to the environment, both physically and culturally.

Not to mention that there are clear IQ differences between European populations and non-European migrants, particularly from sub-Saharan Africa. In fact you are looking at a massive differential of 20 - 30 IQ points.

And it is for a very understandable reason, over thousands of years...... Europeans adopted physically and genetically to the challenging environment of Europe, most particularly during the Ice Ages. There are clear genetic differences at play here, the result of thousands of years of evolution and adaptation.

But then agsin, when did the Left ever accept science when it challenged their One World fairytale.

'Whites are superior cause we adapted!'
    'Wtf why do leftists wanna adapt to an interdependent world thats just fantasy!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Rubbish. Europeans have evolved over thousands of years in order to adopt to their environment. Hence, look at modern day Europe where non-European migrants are having problems adjusting to the environment, both physically and culturally.

Not to mention that there are clear IQ differences between European populations and non-European migrants, particularly from sub-Saharan Africa. In fact you are looking at a massive differential of 20 - 30 IQ points.

And it is for a very understandable reason, over thousands of years...... Europeans adopted physically and genetically to the challenging environment of Europe, most particularly during the Ice Ages. There are clear genetic differences at play here, the result of thousands of years of evolution and adaptation.

But then agsin, when did the Left ever accept science when it challenged their One World fairytale.

The people on here don't even know the difference between a separate race and a sub ethnicity of the same race.

Celtic,Frankish,Spanish,Germanic, and Scandinavians are all sub ethnicities of indo european, we are very much so related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭xckjoo

tomofson wrote: »
    The people on here don't even know the difference between a separate race and a sub ethnicity of the same race.

Celtic,Frankish,Spanish,Germanic, and Scandinavians are all sub ethnicities of indo european, we are very much so related.

So can you provide us with some links so we can learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you have any examples of non-europeans having problems adjusting physically to the environment here?

xckjoo wrote: »
    So can you provide us with some links so we can learn?

If you don't even know the simple basics then why are you even trying to debate?

• Advertisement

Lmfao indo-european is a language group.

Laughing at uneducated people speaking with conviction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭xckjoo

If you don't even know the simple basics then why are you even trying to debate?

I'm not debating. I've only been asked questions.
    So you don't have any links then? What's your own knowledge based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭victor8600

Ardent wrote: »
    Folks need a moral compass in their lives. ....

I would like to clarify your sentence -- "Stupid folks need an external moral compass". If you deem yourself intelligent and do not understand from basic principles why you should act morally, then by all means join a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The genetic differences between any group of modern humans is minuscule at best.

If you want to argue cultural differences then fair enough, I might not agree but I can accept the logic. Trying to argue there's any significant genetic difference however is just flat out scientifically incorrect.

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Lmfao indo-european is a language group.

Laughing at uneducated people speaking with conviction

A language group spoke by people with very similar genetic makeup.

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »
    Folks need a moral compass in their lives. Religion has been replaced for the most part by radical social ideologies. And where we once had blasphemy we now have political correctness.

I don't know which is worse.

Maybe you feel you need to an external moral compass but my internal one works just fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

xckjoo wrote: »
    I heard years ago that it reduces the likelihood of inheriting undesirable genetic mutations but that could be wrong or outdated.
    It could, but it could also introduce other undesirable mutations. EG Some African populations will have sickle cell anaemia in their genes, which if an East Asian had kids with someone with that tendency could introduce it to their kids lines. Other negatives like Haemophilia are spread out across all populations so it's a coin toss anyway. I'd personally reckon that it makes little enough difference negatively or positively.

On a micro level maybe? So for example if a pale skinned ginger Irish lad had kids with a dark skinned lass from Sudan and they settled in Australia, their kids might have a lower risk of melanoma. If they inherited their ma's skin tone of course. It's not a 50/50 thing. They could come out all pale and ginger. :D

I could see having kids with a "local" to an environment would make good sense. Going in the other direction to above, if an African lad rocked up in Lapland having kids with a local lass would increase the chances of their kids being paler and less likely to suffer from a vitamin D deficiency. Humans probably did this throughout our history. Well we shagged Neandertals and Denisovans so... They gave us immune system upgrades it seems and downgrades like faster clotting and addiction issues.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A language group spoke by people with very similar genetic makeup.

right so asians, indians, pakistanis are alright cause theyre indo european too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Absolute balderdash. Environmental and cultural factors have a far bigger bearing on Intelligence than genetics. Here's a good explanation.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2018/may/02/why-genetic-iq-differences-between-races-are-unlikely

right so egyptians, indians, pakistanis are alright cause theyre indo european too right?

The original egyptians would have been alright, not modern day egyptians who have no relation to the ancient.

Indians and Pakistanis would depend on what tribe they are from, The vast majority are not of indo european blood, they are not original indo europeans.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Absolute balderdash. Environmental and cultural factors have a far bigger bearing on Intelligence than genetics. Here's a good explanation.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2018/may/02/why-genetic-iq-differences-between-races-are-unlikely

Environmental and cultural factors may play a part, but they certainly dont have a bigger bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

What do you think the left's position on Batman would be if he was real?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c184817764e774d4110a5cd

Batman is a right wing vigilante. His superpower is money.

The original egyptians would have been alright, not modern day egyptians who have no relation to the ancient.

Indians and Pakistanis would depend on what tribe they are from, The vast majority are not of indo european blood, they are not original indo europeans.

mate, ill answer it for you since you seem to get your knowledge from internet memes

youre not looking for language groups, you're looking for DNA haplogroups. Its what ties germans, celts, iberians and italians together.

mate, ill answer it for you since you seem to get your knowledge from internet memes

youre not looking for language groups, you're looking for DNA haplogroups. Its what ties germans, celts, iberians and italians together.

That is what I have already said and you told me I was wrong.

I stated in no uncertain terms we are all part of a wider racial family, meaning haplogroups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Do you have any examples of non-europeans having problems adjusting physically to the environment here?

Adjust how? How do you propose somebody overcome thousands of years of genetic differences, including in IQ and environmental adaptability?

Evolution doesn't trigger a switch overnight just because Leftists are upset that it doesn't subscribe to their worldview.

Science is based in hard evidence and cold fact. It doesn't lend itself to emotional manipulation like Leftist politics does.

• Advertisement

That is what I have already said and you told me I was wrong.

I stated in no uncertain terms we are all part of a wider racial family, meaning haplogroups.

what have you been smoking my man?

indo european language group is not DNA haplogroup

I get that you dont want to admit that indus valley civilization (Indians, pakistanis) are the ones you dont wanna associate with, but just admit you made a mess up and you confused DNA with language groups

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wibbs wrote: »
    1) you forgot the Holocaust(and there have been a few others since the crusades.

Uh, Bosnia?

Environmental and cultural factors may play a part, but they certainly dont have a bigger bearing.

If you never get to go to school, it doesn't matter how smart you are; you won't score highly in an IQ test.

If you never get to go to school, it doesn't matter how smart you are; you won't score highly in an IQ test.

I dont believe I ever proclaimed you would.

Adjust how? How do you propose somebody overcome thousands of years of genetic differences, including in IQ and environmental adaptability?

Evolution doesn't trigger a switch overnight just because Leftists are upset that it doesn't subscribe to their worldview.

Science is based in hard evidence and cold fact. It doesn't lend itself to emotional manipulation like Leftist politics does.

So where is your hard evidence that people from Africa can't cope in Europe? And vice versa.

Sweet suffering jaysus. Indo european is not an ethnicity. It is a set of languages. that set includes hindi and other languages spoken by 2/3rds of modern india.

So where is your hard evidence that people from Africa can't cope in Europe? And vice versa.

Well europeans can definitely cope in africa, they turned zimbabwe/rhodesia and south africa from wastelands into the most productive acreage in the whole african continent.

You talk about hard facts yet cannot provide one single example. What genetic differences prevent non-europeans from living in europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

The genetic differences between any group of modern humans is minuscule at best.

If you want to argue cultural differences then fair enough, I might not agree but I can accept the logic. Trying to argue there's any significant genetic difference however is just flat out scientifically incorrect.

And where is your scientific data to back that up?

Because as far as I can see, science is quite clear on the subject. It's only Leftist idiots who want to fit a square peg into a round hole that are always looking for ways to thwart scientific fact.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Slight problem with that D; precious little of Ice age genetics is in play in modern Europeans. Those Palaeolithic lines were later diluted down to feck all by an influx of farmers from the Middle East at the start of the agricultural revolution. Even Basques who are generally thought of as "ancient" have a genetic disconnect around 3000 years ago IIRC with ancient Basques. They basically look like Spaniards or French with some local flavour.
    There were instances of it in the UK in the past. Much higher rates of rickets among Caribbean and darker skinned Indian folks because of vitamin D deficiency. Many foods are fortified with D now so not nearly an issue anymore. The vitamin D thing seems to have some affect on African Americans. Black folks from the northern states are on average more wealthy, but have more illnesses and some have suggested vitamin D deficiency as a possible cause. It could also be they eat more crap and have more sedentary lives of course.
    It's not that minuscule. Not to the degree we once thought anyway. Take some East Asian populations that can have up to 5% Neandertal and near 10% Denisovan genes, genes that Africans don't have and Europeans wouldn't have any Denisovan going on. That's quite a bit of diversity and that's before we look at more local adaptations like Nepalese and Tibetan and Peruvian folks with adaptations to living at higher altitudes. And this diversity and difference is a good thing. This idea that some day we'll all be tanned brown eyed people(it'll never happen) is a horror to me. And dangerous to our species survival. I also hate the notion of all one world culture. Won't happen either, thankfully. I like we're so different, so diverse, that you have 4 foot nothing dark pygmy folks and 6 feet plus pale Dutch folks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement