Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I though Christianity was all about charity and tolerance. According to the gospels, Jesus was definitely quite a lefty by today's standards, both socially and economically. I mean, he told people to pay their taxes and went around flipping over the tables of bankers. He was pretty clear about where he stood on the accumulation of wealth and wealth distribution itself. It's right there in the holy book.

I never quite understood how Christianity got tied up with right-wing ideology.

Not to mention the fact that he really disliked people who were judgy.

The modern day political evangelical crowd aren't anything like him really.

tomofson wrote: »
    Radical feminism, race mixing propaganda and encouraging all people to embrace homosexuality.

Would you ever cop on to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Grayson wrote: »
    Would you ever cop on to yourself?

Could you explain with a little more context?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The Red Suppository - not even once.

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to guide modern society with ancient scriptures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Not necessarily christian values, but it is about corrupting our family based moral structure.

Particularly the moral structure of ethnic europeans.

Radical feminism, race mixing propaganda and encouraging all people to embrace homosexuality.

The right wing are just as corrupt though and both wings are controlled by the same people.

Could not have put it better myself. Leftism is degenerate and anti-Christian and anti-white and anti-European. It is the gospel of selfish and degenerate people who have nothing but contempt for tradition and seek to cause division and strife in society.

Our modern Western Civilisation is the textbook definition of the Tower of Babel.

Jesus was a communist before it was a thing.

What a load of nonsense. Jesus asked people to accept God and to live a good and moral life according to the bible.

Communism is not only the opposite of that, it outright persecuted Christianity in the former Soviet bloc, and continues to do so in China and North Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DS86DS wrote: »
    Could not have put it better myself. Leftism is degenerate and anti-Christian and anti-white and anti-European. It is the gospel of selfish and degenerate people who have nothing but contempt for tradition and seek to cause division and strife in society.

Our modern Western Civilisation is the textbook definition of the Tower of Babel.
    That's some nice trolling, really subtle.

Western Civilisation is the "Tower of Babel", where people of different cultures all united together in peace and harmony for a singular purpose.

And at the same time, they "seek to cause division and strife".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DS86DS wrote:
    What a load of nonsense. Jesus asked people to accept God and to live a good and moral life according to the bible.

Have a laugh ffs, it's nearly jesus's bday!

seamus wrote: »

Western Civilisation is the "Tower of Babel", where people of different cultures all united together in peace and harmony for a singular purpose.

Western civilization was built off the morals of european cultures.

This hippie village you dream of were people of all races religious and creeds live together in harmony will never happen, it is impossible, people of are far too different.

It may be possible in the walking dead and other mainstream TV shows/films but not in reality.

• Advertisement

Western civilization was built off the morals of european cultures.

This hippie village you dream of were people of all races religious and creeds live together in harmony will never happen, it is impossible, people of are far too different.

It may be possible in the walking dead and other mainstream TV shows/films but not in reality.
    You might need to brush up on your bible there Tommy boy.

The Tower of Babel is a fable that after the flood, humanity united in peace and harmony, all spoke one language and lived as one nation.

They decided to build a tower to "reach heaven".

God got worried, saw that if humanity was united, there was nothing they couldn't do, so God decided "scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth" and "confound their language" so they couldn't understand each other.

Can't have people living peacefully and in unity now. Gettin' too uppity. It just won't do.

It seems of course, that God is a bit of a psychopath. First he sends a flood because people are too crazy and violent and scattered.

Then the flood has the desired effect, unites people together, and God has a hissy fit again.

You might need to brush up on your bible there Tommy boy.

The Tower of Babel is a fable that after the flood, humanity united in peace and harmony, all spoke one language and lived as one nation.

They decided to build a tower to "reach heaven".

God got worried, saw that if humanity was united, there was nothing they couldn't do, so God decided "scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth" and "confound their language" so they couldn't understand each other.

Can't have people living peacefully and in unity now. Gettin' too uppity. It just won't do.

It seems of course, that God is a bit of a psychopath. First he sends a flood because people are too crazy and violent and scattered.

Then the flood has the desired effect, unites people together, and God has a hissy fit again.

All cultures will not come together in peace and harmony like you believe from watching way too much mainstream propaganda, multiculturalism does not work and will never work.

Look at the whole continent of south america, thats multiculturalism in action.

All cultures will not come together in peace and harmony like you believe from watching way too much mainstream propaganda, multiculturalism does not work and will never work.

Ah I see, you're not reading anyone else's posts at all.

Rant on you crazy diamond, rant on.

Ah I see, you're not reading anyone else's posts at all.

Rant on you crazy diamond, rant on.

Ignore the obvious crazy diamond, ignore the obvious.

Trolling = somebody you don't agree with.

As for your nonsense about "peace and harmony". Don't make me laugh, the most ethnically diverse societies are tinderboxes waiting to explode, just take the Balkans as one example among many.

And if you think that if Islam ever gets a majority in Europe that they'll be adhering to some BS hippy doctrine about"peace and harmony", then you've another coming to you.

Your either in the House of Islam, or an Infidel who deserves nothing short of death. No other two ways about it. Islam doesn't do hippy pipe dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭randd1

Religion is simply a tool to control the stupid, and was particularly effective before modern times when people knew nothing of the world.

These days though people have education (for the most part), and are encouraged to think for themselves, concepts which are cancers to religion for one simple reason; they shine the light of rationality onto religion. And religion, not having any rational basis beyond basic human ignorance, doesn't tend to do well when placed up against facts and knowledge.

It isn't that the left is against religion, it's that human civilisation (particularly the West) generally is getting smarter, and religion just isn't as relevant compared to intelligence and knowledge.

It's only really in the poor areas of the world that suffer from a lack of education and freedom of ideas where religion still holds sway. Which basically sums up religion; a tool to control the stupid.

As for your nonsense about "peace and harmony". Don't make me laugh
    Hey, they were your words, not mine.

Mixed allegories, maybe?

It's the weird circular argument of the right. Multiculturalism will never work because there are racists who hate multiculturalism. Therefore racism is right and we should all be against multiculturalism because it will never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I do not want to copy and paste entire articles so I will post a link to one I like when I put in the Google search why the left hate the Bible.
    When I was younger I was very leftwing myself but as I grew older I grew out of it.
    Globalism- No Borders or Nationalism
    The left is for it but the God of the Bible is against it.

Deuteronomy 32:8 "When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.

Acts 17:26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

https://wsau.com/blogs/ben-armstrong-blog/20344/rebelling-against-god-is-actually-whats-behind-almost-all-left-wing-beliefs/

You are so right!! End poverty, end homelessness, don't hate people that are different to you, what decent Christian could subscribe to those horrific views!

It's the weird circular argument of the right. Multiculturalism will never work because there are racists who hate multiculturalism. Therefore racism is right and we should all be against multiculturalism because it will never work.

Nobody said that, people of different genetics are far too different psychologically to all live together in peace and harmony.

There is good people in every race and culture of course there is, that does not mean it is a good idea to mix us all together, I dont have much of a problem for multiculturalism on a small scale.

But the reality is there is not one country with large scale multiculturalism that does not have groups thinking they are more oppressed than others, even if you treat everyone the exact same some group will get it into their heads they have it worse. The race card gets played 24/7 in Britain and america. Race riots always follow.

• Advertisement

Trolling = somebody you don't agree with.

As for your nonsense about "peace and harmony". Don't make me laugh, the most ethnically diverse societies are tinderboxes waiting to explode, just take the Balkans as one example among many.

And if you think that if Islam ever gets a majority in Europe that they'll be adhering to some BS hippy doctrine about"peace and harmony", then you've another coming to you.

Your either in the House of Islam, or an Infidel who deserves nothing short of death. No other two ways about it. Islam doesn't do hippy pipe dreams

How are the balkans the most ethnically diverse? I don't see many black or asian people knocking around there? And weirdly, despite your rant about islam, you do realise the last attempted genocide/ ethnic cleansing in Europe was performed by groups that were christian and was against muslims.

How is it that you can say that muslims are bad and in the very example you use to show ethnic diversity is one where muslims were massacred. It takes some amount of mental gymnastics.

But the reality is there is not one country with large scale multiculturalism that does not have groups thinking they are more oppressed than others, even if you treat everyone the exact same some group will get it into their heads they have it worse.
    Fixed your post.

Also, I hope you haven't missed the irony that you're claiming "some group will get it into their heads that they're being oppressed", in a thread that's claiming Christianity is being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nobody said that, people of different genetics are far too different psychologically to all live together in peace and harmony.

There is good people in every race and culture of course there is, that does not mean it is a good idea to mix us all together, I dont have much of a problem for multiculturalism on a small scale.

But the reality is there is not one country with large scale multiculturalism that does not have groups thinking they are more oppressed than others, even if you treat everyone the exact same some group will get it into their heads they have it worse. The race card gets played 24/7 in Britain and america. Race riots always follow.

You do realise that your very own bloodline is a mish-mash of dozens of different cultures and races?

Hell, if you're from Munster there's a high chance you've got Arabic ancestry via the Spanish soldiers or Moroccan traders who came here.

How are the balkans the most ethnically diverse? I don't see many black or asian people knocking around there? And weirdly, despite your rant about islam, you do realise the last attempted genocide/ ethnic cleansing in Europe was performed by groups that were christian and was against muslims.

How is it that you can say that muslims are bad and in the very example you use to show ethnic diversity is one where muslims were massacred. It takes some amount of mental gymnastics.

Islam was invading Europe and european christians defended their territories, pushed back the ottomon empire and began the crusades.

That is why the crusades happened it was far from a genocide.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    You do realise that your very own bloodline is a mish-mash of dozens of different cultures and races?

Hell, if you're from Munster there's a high chance you've got Arabic ancestry via the Spanish soldiers or Moroccan traders who came here.

Even if thats true which I doubt very much it is, that was on a very low scale, the current indoctrination is promoting mass scale race mixing, it will be impossible for the European peoples with their diverse beauty to exist with the level expected.

How many redheads,or blondes or blue eyes or green eyes do you see walking around brazil?

European people are the most diverse on the planet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's the weird circular argument of the right. Multiculturalism will never work
    Multiculturalism is a nice idea, but it has rarely if ever worked, or never worked for long. When it has worked it was largely forced to work by an overpowering cultural force that brooked little dissent(Imperial Rome, China, early Islamic world).
    because there are racists who hate multiculturalism. Therefore racism is right and we should all be against multiculturalism because it will never work.
    Yep there are indeed racists who hate other cultures. One would be an idiot to suggest there aren't. And they're to be found in every culture. It's not just the White man's burden™ or trait. And such views and tribalism are the main reason multiculturalism is extremely problematic. However to infer this makes racism "right" is a the kinda leap that would get you into the final of the olympics long jump. It is what it is. The human species is extremely tribal and partisan and we see that in nigh on every facet of human life and culture and society. And it always has been like this. Consider this: 50,000 years ago there were at least three other human subspecies around. Today there is one. Us. The rest are gone, overwhelmed/isolated/bred out by Homo sapiens sapiens colonising the world and there's little in the way of top down social engineering with all the good will in the world that will change this trait any time soon.

As far as "left" and "right" philosophies go, TBH in my heart I prefer the left in general as they view the world and people as malleable, with endless possibilities for improvement for society and culture, which is great, but it has a strong tendency to naivete and hiding of heads in the sand to a few realities.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

kneemos wrote: »
    The left is a strange and mysterious thing for Americans.

No, they got a taste of it with Obama and it's not for them.

Why don't you actually study some history in detail instead of just blindly accepting what the standard court historians in the mainstream media have to say about the Crusades.

Islam had been making attempts to make inroads into Europe for hundreds of years, just take the Battle of Tours as one example amongst many. They manage to completely take the Iberian peninsula for a full several centuries before they could be removed.

There is a long history of attempts by Islamic powers to make inroads into Eastern Europe just as it had done in India where Islam had been responsible for 80 million deaths.

Christian pilgrims were constantly been attacked, killed and kidnapped before the Western Church decided to put its boot down. And it was by no means out of the ordinary, Islam has been spread at the point of the sword since it's 7th century inception.

Excellent video also by Stefan Molyneaux on the topic.

https://youtu.be/-ilFbbk9jw4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Even if thats true which I doubt very much it is, that was on a very low scale, the current indoctrination is promoting mass scale race mixing, it will be impossible for the European peoples with their diverse beauty to exist with the level expected.

How many redheads,or blondes or blue eyes or green eyes do you see walking around brazil?

European people are the most diverse on the planet.

Who is behind the current indoctrination? And where is it? I haven't heard anything like it ever.

Never in my life have I heard anything promoting race mixing. I've heard people argue that mixing races isn't wrong and we should harass people in mixed marriages but that is very different from promoting it as something we should all do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

I do not want to copy and paste entire articles so I will post a link to one I like when I put in the Google search why the left hate the Bible.
    When I was younger I was very leftwing myself but as I grew older I grew out of it.

https://wsau.com/blogs/ben-armstrong-blog/20344/rebelling-against-god-is-actually-whats-behind-almost-all-left-wing-beliefs/
    why the left hate the Bible.

I don't tend to reply to idiocy but...

How do you define 'the left'? Is this 'left' you and your mate writing the article a homogenous mass with no differences or nuances?

Lastly if the 'left' hate the bible or 'attack christian beliefs' how does one account for various advocates of the bible or shristian practitioners broadly positioning themselves on the 'left'?

Advertisement