Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

MFPM wrote: »
    Show me one quote, any quote where I mentioned Poland or Euros? You are confusing me with someone else, do try to be accurate.

It is not out of context - I raised the issue of Limerick and your response was - that was years ago (I'm paraphrasing). However you were inferring that knife crimes was a preserve of migrants alone.

And once again you're embarrasing yourself as I've just indicated - maybe unlike Wibbs, you have the balls to apologise for misrepresenting me?

It’s completely out of context. The attached is the actual post I replied to. I mentioned nothing about “paddies not using knives” which is what you used my post as an example of, or “Limerick” that’s somehow turned up in your backtracking. I did mess up in thinking that it was you that had made that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

MFPM wrote: »
    Such dishonesty! Perhaps you have some difficulty with reading

There's a quote you may know, I confess I can't remember who said it....it's rather apt for you...

'When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it...

1539978158556.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

1539978158556.jpg

nietzsche is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

nietzsche is dead

And MPFM has killed him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

nietzsche is dead
    That quote of his always stops at the opening part. He was sad and scared of the notion of what he was saying and might become of this idea.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

But I digress. As I am wont to do.. :o:o

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

Wibbs wrote: »
    That quote of his always stops at the opening part. He was sad and scared of the notion of what he was saying and might become of this idea.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

But I digress. As I am wont to do.. :o:o

tldr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

dgaf.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's great in theory. If everyone did that, there'd be no problem at all. But then I'll direct you to this video from Paris, only a short hop from our shores.

Oh FFS you are seriously showing me a video of an isolated incident in an isolated area of a city of the bones of 2 and a half million people as evidence of something to be afraid of. Snowflakery at its most evident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Oh FFS you are seriously showing me a video of an isolated incident in an isolated area of a city of the bones of 2 and a half million people as evidence of something to be afraid of. Snowflakery at its most evident.

didnt you watch the video ?

the whole point of it is that it isnt an isolated incident

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

It will probably be like that in Balbriggan someday for white people. Already happened where an African shop had a sign up saying no white people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

mynamejeff wrote: »
    didnt you watch the video ?

the whole point of it is that it isnt an isolated incident

They went to one cafe out of how many in Paris?

There's lots of places women can't go in Ireland too. Golf courses, clubs, societies etc.

Not that I agree with any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It will probably be like that in Balbriggan someday for white people. Already happened where an African shop had a sign up saying no white people.

Are you suggesting ignorance is colour blind or under the assumption some people think there's no such thing as a coloured black fellah? ;)

Showing incidents of hatred from minorities says no more about all minorities than showing a video of George Hook to infer all whites are gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

It will probably be like that in Balbriggan someday for white people.

That's Guaranteed

Put up a sign in your shop that reads No African People and see how fast your building gets burned to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dannyriver wrote: »

Snowflakery? Sure signs you're losing an argument when you resort to that type of talk. It's in suburban Paris, one of the closest major European hubs to ourselves. I'd imagine there's similar cases in parts of the UK too. What's to say something like that wouldn't happen in and around Clanbrassil Street/SCR in the coming years? What makes us so different?

Is that true though? Any pictures or evidence of that. I've never heard anything like that and find it tough to believe to be honest. Actually, I straight up call BS on it. If you've proof go ahead though and I'll stand corrected.

Is that true though? Any pictures or evidence of that. I've never heard anything like that and find it tough to believe to be honest. Actually, I straight up call BS on it. If you've proof go ahead though and I'll stand corrected.

It was the talk of balbriggan for awhile but I have no photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Never heard of a sign and if there was one I’m sure we would have seen a pic somewhere. Heard of people being told it was only a shop for African people alright but I’d be calling bullsh*t on it myself.

I'd say it's pure waffle so. People would have been up in arms about something like that and it would have went viral. The fact you said it already happened as if it's a definitive pure fact takes away credibility from you I'm afraid. Nothing wrong with having a discussion on gangs/immigration/whatever but it needs to have basis in truth if it's to be of any merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

In this day and age, with Facebook/Twitter/Other Outrage machines? Yeah, right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

nietzsche is dead

If he's so smart, how come he's dead?

2p8of03yvb211.jpg

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    In this day and age, with Facebook/Twitter/Other Outrage machines? Yeah, right

I’ve been trying to find something but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I would absolutely love to see proof of this?

I would bet my next months wages that there is no such sign.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to see proof of this?

I would bet my next months wages that there is no such sign.

How much do you get paid? See if it’s worth my while

I’ve been trying to find something but to no avail.

So you'll admit that's just BS that you've tried to state as fact so.

I'm really glad to see that even those who are right leaning don't believe this crap.

How much do you get paid? See if it’s worth my while

I'll donate 20 Euro to a charity of your choice if you show us it within half an hour. If you don't, you admit it's most likely untrue and retract that it definitely happened. Deal?

As an aside I remember back in the 80's walking into a bar in the West of Ireland and the barman telling me that it probably wasn't a safe place to be for me as a woman alone and me breaking my hole laughing at him and ordering a drink.

Now this was bravado on my part and I didn't enjoy that drink but it just goes to show that this attitude did exist in Ireland at one stage, things change and hopefully people from other cultures will change over time too.

I'm really glad to see that even those who are right leaning don't believe this crap.

Speaking about or even questioning immigration policies and the societal issues around same does not necessarily make one right leaning. You can have an opinion on something without being pigeon-holed onto a side of the political spectrum.

I'll donate 20 Euro to a charity of your choice if you show us it within half an hour. If you don't, you admit it's most likely untrue and retract that it definitely happened. Deal?

I'll add 50 euro to that donation.

I'll add 50 euro to that donation.

I'll donate it to an African charity actually, just for the craic :)

• Advertisement

Speaking about or even questioning immigration policies and the societal issues around same does not necessarily make one right leaning.

Maybe not Mack, I don't know, it's just a fine line.

I think you're a very reasonable poster on the issue but it so easily switches over to the right.

I do get why people are questioning it but it just gets dragged down by the likes of the poster who claims an African shop has a sign up saying no white people when it's clearly a lie.

The dangerous thing is it's a lie that some fools will fall for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement