Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

anyone spotted any decent deals on this on 4k or standard blu-ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Some of the numbers behind Infinity War's $2 Billion dollar haul.

Dl4ymjpWsAEjjRB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Off topic, but does anyone know why studios look at domestic box office numbers over international numbers when judging how successful it is.

I remember Warcraft didn’t get a sequel because it only grossed about 50m domestically, but globally brought in near half a billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

R777B wrote: »
    anyone spotted any decent deals on this on 4k or standard blu-ray?

Wait a few weeks and get prices might start going down

Keep an eye on ebay/Amazon etc

I always buy marvel movies the day they come out so I always pay the top price. 4Ks are pretty expensive but the picture quality is immense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

kerplun k wrote: »
    Off topic, but does anyone know why studios look at domestic box office numbers over international numbers when judging how successful it is.

I remember Warcraft didn’t get a sequel because it only grossed about 50m domestically, but globally brought in near half a billion.

Money is money, regardless of where it’s coming from. Although, it would be embarrassing to have such a dismal showing in own backyard. I’m guessing that the combined take only just made a profit and the law of diminishing returns would make a sequel far too risky.

Edit: Hollywood reporter saying the film lost money and that nearly all the Chinese money was made in just five days. No wonder they didn’t proceed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Agreed...... I left it on the shelf yesterday. Priced at 36 euro 💶

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

spiderman never died in comics why kill him off in movie and he is proper member of the avengers too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Smertrius wrote: »
    spiderman never died in comics
    I just googled these 5 words and it points to the wiki for a comic called: Death of Spider-Man

460116.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

spiderman never died in comics why kill him off in movie and he is proper member of the avengers too
    It would be an incredibly boring movie universe if it just rehashed verbatim what had already been done in the comics' universe(s).
    Also, Spidey wasn't always a member of the Avengers, and has died several times. There are also numerous different universes in the comics, so no matter what they did in the movies, someone could still complain that it wasn't what happened in the comics!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He has died a few times in the comics , One major death which helped launch Miles Morales but yeah he's died a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There was also the time he got swapped with Doc Ock so he could kinda die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I for one am very glad the MCU doesn't slavishly copy the comic namesakes in these 'arc' adaptations, cos by and large they've been utter garbage (thinking of Civil War here for instance, the comic was pretty reviled )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pixelburp wrote: »
    I for one am very glad the MCU doesn't slavishly copy the comic namesakes in these 'arc' adaptations, cos by and large they've been utter garbage (thinking of Civil War here for instance, the comic was pretty reviled )

Indeed, sure the Infinity Gauntlet series on which Infinity War is (thankfully, loosely) based would not have translated well to the MCU if it stuck close the source. Even ignoring the fact that it probably would have taken another 2 phases (or more) of the MCU to properly set up all the characters, it's ridiculous. It works in the comic format but the whole wooing Death motivation isn't half as compelling as what we were given with MCU Thanos. Also, it's just a series of team-ups against Thanos... in space. There's not much to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To call them by and large utter garbage though.......really ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Take your pick of preferred hyperbole, but I don't think Civil War and other inspirations are particularly fondly remembered, and yeah, they were a bit rubbish.

you know this infinity wars was fake compare to the comics, every superhero that fought against Thanos actually survived against fight Thanos. None of them died. Well one thing i have tell, Loki is still alive Thanos ha, ha, you could n't kill him. Hes back in avengers 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is there a separate thread for Avengers 4 or are we going to use this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

you know this infinity wars was fake compare to the comics, every superhero that fought against Thanos actually survived against fight Thanos. None of them died. Well one thing i have tell, Loki is still alive Thanos ha, ha, you could n't kill him. Hes back in avengers 4.
    I have a huge secret to tell you:

None of it is real..
    It's all fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

please don´t quote him.... he's on ignore...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait this isnt a real life documentary?

• Advertisement

I don't know what the point Smertrius is making here: that movie adaptations should be 100% faithful to the comics? Why? To take an obvious example, Civil War was hot garbage - possibly one of the best examples of bad comicbook storytelling writ large - yet the final film ended up being one of the best MCU productions. Mostly by ignoring the clusterf*ck of nonsense that was comic Civil War.

It's not fair to question a poster, but Smertrius it seems like English is not your first language so it's not always obvious what you're trying to say, and you come across very dismissive / fundamentalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't know what the point Smertrius is making here: that movie adaptations should be 100% faithful to the comics? Why? To take an obvious example, Civil War was hot garbage - possibly one of the best examples of bad comicbook storytelling writ large - yet the final film ended up being one of the best MCU productions. Mostly by ignoring the clusterf*ck of nonsense that was comic Civil War.

It's not fair to question a poster, but Smertrius it seems like English is not your first language so it's not always obvious what you're trying to say, and you come across very dismissive / fundamentalist.

I think that the comics and films both play to the strengths of their respective mediums, The comic 'events' allow a story to be told, and show how it affects characters at the periphery of the story, as well as those who are caught up in the middle of it. The films (thankfully) condense the story into something better suited to the short running time. if they were to verbatim film the comics story, you'd have an incredible mess of continuity to try and sort through.

thats not my fault i have autism and superhero movies from 80s, 90s up 2008 follow the comics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

thats not my fault i have autism and superhero movies from 80s, 90s up 2008 follow the comics
    No, they don't. Even the ones that were specific to a short comic series usually took great liberties with the source material.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Avengers: End Game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

time travel for sure

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So the name was called months ago, Avengers:End Game.

Good trailer, naturally they can't give too much away so it's a teaser more than anything.

Still really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

time travel for sure
    Without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's a ****e name.

Nothing like the sort of hype generator the previous film's trailer was, but as the directest, sequeliest sequel that's no harm.

Need to hold plenty back.

It'll have a job on its hands following up the previous one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Looks like we will get plenty of black widow oh joy

Advertisement