Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing as the film is out on digital now, the Russo's have revealed some more stuff on the Avengers Twitter account.

As Thanos got his hands successfully on the Soul Stone,
    Red Skull is free to leave Vormir and he's free to go after any of the Stones if he chooses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

North America gets Blu-ray release 4 weeks before Europe :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as the film is out on digital now, the Russo's have revealed some more stuff on the Avengers Twitter account.

Red Skull is free to leave Vormir and he's free to go after any of the Stones if he chooses.

I wonder how
    he got on with the finger snap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

More like Red Skull is free of Hugo Weaving and there free to use him again now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you're going to Ant Man and the Wasp wait for the mid credits scene to see how they fared with Thanos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

flazio wrote: »
    If you're going to Ant Man and the Wasp wait for the mid credits scene to see how they fared with Thanos.

Talking about that

When
    Michelle Ps says to Scott before he goes into the vortex 'don't get caught in a time warp cause we can't save you'.I wonder does this have a bigger meaning for IW part 2 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Talking about that

When
    Michelle Ps says to Scott before he goes into the vortex 'don't get caught in a time warp cause we can't save you'.I wonder does this have a bigger meaning for IW part 2 ??

Yeh I thought there was some exposition in that scene that might be relevant. Seemed a bit odd that they wouldn’t of discussed the risks until he’s just about to go into the it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

After the snap the gauntlet seemed destroyed, does this mean that Thanos can no longer use the the power of the infinity stones unless he gets a replacement gauntlet? And since he feels he has restored balance does this mean that he won't feel any need to get another gauntlet?

JJayoo wrote: »
    After the snap the gauntlet seemed destroyed, does this mean that Thanos can no longer use the the power of the infinity stones unless he gets a replacement gauntlet? And since he feels he has restored balance does this mean that he won't feel any need to get another gauntlet?

It actually feels like his story is done. He did exactly what he said he would do and went off to enjoy the sunset.....

I think the photos on the set of the next avengers hinted at
    the story time ark being rolled back to avengers one with Loki’s attack.
    not sure what they are doing but surely captain marvel movie will in essence be mostly setting up what’s going to undo thanos damage!!

Could it be possible that although they manage to bring some characters back that the rest of the damage Thanos has done remains?

I just need black widow to die, the fact that a 90 pound woman with zero superpowers and rubbish weapons is battering all round her is just stupid. The only thing I can think is that her death will be used to trigger the Hulk to re-emerge as world breaker hulk or that she has something on the director.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Could it be possible that although they manage to bring some characters back that the rest of the damage Thanos has done remains?

I just need black widow to die, the fact that a 90 pound woman with zero superpowers and rubbish weapons is battering all round her is just stupid. The only thing I can think is that her death will be used to trigger the Hulk to re-emerge as world breaker hulk or that she has something on the director.....

That’s actually a really good way to get the hulk back although it would prob be more she’s about to die and he has to save her.

I did wonder about how Bw and Hawkeye really fit into this universe. They shouldn’t be fighting super villains cause it diminishes those villains powers.

Another thing I wanted to ask is did people notice a small thing that annoys me. Stark shoots a hole into the wizzards ship and didn’t look like he closed it up. It looked like it cut straight to stark when e got into the ship when he was talking with Potts.

But when he shoots the hole to save strange everything gets sucked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yes a highly trained spy, master martial artist, acrobat/assassin/markswoman is useless :rolleyes: :p

Fair enough, we've only seen bits and pieces of what MCU Natasha can do, but in a universe where a guy creates and flys around in specially made suits of armour, a super soldier, a demi-god, someone with extraordinary anger issues, she and Hawkeye have to keep it a bit grounded/normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yes a highly trained spy, master martial artist, acrobat/assassin/markswoman is useless :rolleyes: :p

Fair enough, we've only seen bits and pieces of what MCU Natasha can do, but in a universe where a guy creates and flys around in specially made suits of armour, a super soldier, a demi-god, someone with extraordinary anger issues, she and Hawkeye have to keep it a bit grounded/normal.

Then they should be doing grounded/normal things.

I thought they were going to have it so that she had some sort of watered down super soldier serum at least but they just left it at training.

On rewatching, I was less arsed about her having any capacity to trade blows with members of the Black Order, and ultimately she does have to rely on Scarlet Witch to save her ass, but it's still a bit silly that she can even lay a glove on lads who can toss cars around and can go toe to toe with CA and Vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Gbear wrote: »
    Then they should be doing grounded/normal things.

I thought they were going to have it so that she had some sort of watered down super soldier serum at least but they just left it at training.

On rewatching, I was less arsed about her having any capacity to trade blows with members of the Black Order, and ultimately she does have to rely on Scarlet Witch to save her ass, but it's still a bit silly that she can even lay a glove on lads who can toss cars around and can go toe to toe with CA and Vision.
    You do realise that the super soldier serum (at least in the comics) doesn't give any super powers. It just allows the individual to operate at peak human performance, without any training, and that seems to be the case in the MCU as well. Someone with training can also reach that potential, but would be rare. BW has received the training rather than the serum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,371 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Johnmb wrote: »
    You do realise that the super soldier serum (at least in the comics) doesn't give any super powers. It just allows the individual to operate at peak human performance, without any training, and that seems to be the case in the MCU as well. Someone with training can also reach that potential, but would be rare. BW has received the training rather than the serum.

In the comics Widow actually recieved (a much weaker) a serum aswell.

It doesn’t transfer well to the big screen. We have super heroes doing unbelievable feats that are impossible for humans. We need baddies who can match this to create a threat. Having a normal person being able to give the baddies a decent fight with no armour like iron man looks silly on the big screen and actually sort of destroys the fantasy element of the super hero’s/villains.

pjohnson wrote: »
    In the comics Widow actually recieved (a much weaker) a serum aswell.
    And that could still turn out to be the case in the MCU. Up to now, we've only been lead to believe she had training, but so little of her past has been discussed, it wouldn't even count as a retcon if they show that she did receive a serum. But unless the serum is vastly different in the MCU to the comics (and if doesn't seem to be), that just means peak human performance, which could be achieved through training. So BW's ability to match the super-villains shouldn't be any more unrealistic than Cap doing the same (or Falcon for that matter!).

Drumpot wrote: »
    It doesn’t transfer well to the big screen. We have super heroes doing unbelievable feats that are impossible for humans. We need baddies who can match this to create a threat. Having a normal person being able to give the baddies a decent fight with no armour like iron man looks silly on the big screen and actually sort of destroys the fantasy element of the super hero’s/villains.
    But Cap is a normal person, at peak human performance. He is as strong as a human can be, but is still just at human strength levels. Same for speed and, agility, stamina, etc. Whether or not BW (and Hawkeye) received a serum as a shortcut, or just spectacular training, they can also be performing at or near peak human performance. If it's good enough for Cap, it's good enough for them.

But Cap is a normal person, at peak human performance. He is as strong as a human can be, but is still just at human strength levels. Same for speed and, agility, stamina, etc. Whether or not BW (and Hawkeye) received a serum as a shortcut, or just spectacular training, they can also be performing at or near peak human performance. If it's good enough for Cap, it's good enough for them.

I don’t get the impression cap is just a normal person at peak human performance. Maybe that’s what’s explained in comics but no human could do the things he does or deflect the damage he takes by just getting training.

The super serum makes normal people effectively super hero’s physically. That’s not the same as somebody training to be a stronger human. Caps body was biologically altered to withstand blows that you can’t train.

• Advertisement

Yeah no Cap is definitely in the milder superhuman category in both MCU and comics. He is well beyond peak human capabilities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,026 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Black Widow and Hawkeye might be "normal" but even in Winter Soldier you had beefy norms being able to go toe-to-toe against Cap (Batroc the Leaped in fact IIRC) The MCU is pure science fantasy, but that extends to even to how well non-enhanced can fight. Even basic fist fights barely obey the laws of physics at the best of times...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Cap is definitely not just peak human performance.

Peak human probably couldn't stop a chopper taking off, among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

'On your left' would indicate he's well past peak human performance. What does it matter anyway? What's really important is who would win in a fight between hulk and wolverine?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    'On your left' would indicate he's well past peak human performance. What does it matter anyway? What's really important is who would win in a fight between hulk and wolverine?

Logan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That isn't what it does in the films, so that doesn't really matter.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Black Widow and Hawkeye might be "normal" but even in Winter Soldier you had beefy norms being able to go toe-to-toe against Cap (Batroc the Leaped in fact IIRC) The MCU is pure science fantasy, but that extends to even to how well non-enhanced can fight. Even basic fist fights barely obey the laws of physics at the best of times...

Good worldbuilding isn't having arbitrary rules. I think some people who aren't fans of fantasy dismiss it as nonsense because they don't understand that.
    The easier it is to drop out of the universe and the more effort you have to put into suspending disbelief, the worse worldbuilding and storytelling it is.

You can believe that heroes have nigh-on magical skill leves, so I can buy that, as in most martial arts films, human-normal ninjas, special forces, or whatever can take on more than one other normal person at a time, or in Hawkeye's case, never misses (although I think from a dramatic perspective, he should miss more). I can't believe they can run faster than cars or curl a helicopter in flight without supernatural help.

Cap respected Batroc as a fighter and even dropped his shield to make it fairer, before making mincemeat of him.

Captain America has flung motorbikes through the air and punched holes in walls he has super strength. This 'well in the comic books' argument is completely pointless since there have been so many versions of each character, I mean in the comic books squirrel girl killed Thanos.

Black widow is there because she is hot and that's about it, I mean look at the posters for the films, all the characters assembled ready for battle and BW facing the wrong way so.you can see her arse.

https://goo.gl/images/Yqk4Kp

https://goo.gl/images/7o481c

https://goo.gl/images/tbq9DX

Now perhaps there is still a chance that she is a skrull, which would explain her ability to stand up to the Black Order, but at the very least they should equip her with serious weapons, in the first avengers she has a handgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

You could say the same about The Hulk in that last one...

Filthy Gamma exploitation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Now perhaps there is still a chance that she is a skrull, which would explain her ability to stand up to the Black Order, but at the very least they should equip her with serious weapons, in the first avengers she has a handgun.

This is what I was thinking. Maybe not with the prospect of her own movie on the way however.

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    This is what I was thinking. Maybe not with the prospect of her own movie on the way however.

I just think they would have hinted a little bit more about this, it would explain her strength tho. Now I thought she was good in the Winter Soilder because when she came face to face with Bucky she just legged it.

Advertisement