Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be fair in both her battles with the Black Order , Herself Cap and Falcon pretty much blindsided them in Scotland and in Wakanda she was pretty much dead until Scarlett Witch saved her

• Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If they somehow find a way of going into the quantum realm and go back on time to the battle of new York and defeat whatever army attacks. Are they going back in time and bacisally deleting what happens before the snap or are they somehow deleting everyone's memories and it will in fact happen in 2019 instead of what 2012. The TV verse would be all over the shop not that it's not now

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Peter Quill has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

So half of them turn to dust yet iron man gets practically cut in half but lives? Somehow we know they will somehow return..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Deisler wrote: »
    So half of them turn to dust yet iron man gets practically cut in half but lives?

Dr. Strange made a deal with Thanos to exchange the time stone for Tony's life. That's why he's still alive.

Deisler wrote: »
    Somehow we know they will somehow return..

Well I guess we don't know 100% for sure but logic and $$$ suggests that Marvel aren't going to leave all those big/new characters dead (Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, most of the GotG). Most of them are relative newcomers compared to the original Avengers lineup.

Speculation at the moment is that there's something to do with the quantum realm and time travel that will be used to reverse the snap... somehow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, I think its safe to say that pretty much all of the pre-snap deaths will be reversed.

The only big characters I'd expect to stay dead from A:IW are Loki and Heimdall. I think they'll resurrect Gamora somehow.

As for the next Avengers film, Thanos has committed the greatest genocide ever seen and was by far the greatest threat the Marvel universe has known so I hope they dont cop out and do a serious undo of the snap and bring back everyone without someone being killed off for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As for the next Avengers film, Thanos has committed the greatest genocide ever seen and was by far the greatest threat the Marvel universe has known so I hope they dont cop out and do a serious undo of the snap and bring back everyone without someone being killed off for good.

Agree completely. Heimdall and Loki's deaths are likely the permanent ones from IW, everyone else's is reversible.

When it comes to the next film, as others have pointed out it's likely no coincidence that the remaining Avengers are mostly also the oldest/original Avengers. The 6 original Avengers are all still alive (well, we don't know about Hawkeye yet I suppose), plus War Machine. In fact Bucky might be the only one from a Phase 1 film who turned to dust.

So likely one or more of them will die permanently in the next film.

Penn wrote: »
    Agree completely. Heimdall and Loki's deaths are likely the permanent ones from IW, everyone else's is reversible.

When it comes to the next film, as others have pointed out it's likely no coincidence that the remaining Avengers are mostly also the oldest/original Avengers. The 6 original Avengers are all still alive (well, we don't know about Hawkeye yet I suppose), plus War Machine. In fact Bucky might be the only one from a Phase 1 film who turned to dust.

I've no issue with them keeping the OG Avengers, at this stage theres nearly a decade worth of emotional investment in them but I do hope they have the balls to kill off at least one of them in the next film, it would hit home pretty hard.

I mean we can probably guess which of them would be on the chopping block but pretty much any of the newer characters have sequels and potential sequels on the horizon so they'll have plot armour and return, even though a raft of them kicked the bucket at the snap, the big thing will be how they do and how they'll fill 2.5 hours in the next outing.

Yup. I would have had Thor put down as a goner, making way for the female version of Thor but after Ragnorok, he's got a new lease of life and could easily carry on another phase or two. No way Hulk will die. Can't see Black Widow going either (especially with her solo movie in the works). Hawkeye maybe. I think Cap will go. It'd be the right send off for him, to sacrifice himself. It's in his character and is fitting. I've a feeling Tony will be spared (just to keep IM ticking in the background) but will suffer massively causing him to step away from the fight after this. War Machine would be an easy death to dish out. He's a long running character but not a MVP. Ant Man could be at risk too. Anyone could use that suit (it's not like he's the brains behind it), Wasp is there to carry on that aspect of the MCU, and he'd be a suckerpunch character to kill (lovable, everyday family man trying to turn his life around).

Bacchus wrote: »
    Yup. I would have had Thor put down as a goner, making way for the female version of Thor but after Ragnorok, he's got a new lease of life and could easily carry on another phase or two. No way Hulk will die. Can't see Black Widow going either (especially with her solo movie in the works). Hawkeye maybe. I think Cap will go. It'd be the right send off for him, to sacrifice himself. It's in his character and is fitting. I've a feeling Tony will be spared (just to keep IM ticking in the background) but will suffer massively causing him to step away from the fight after this. War Machine would be an easy death to dish out. He's a long running character but not a MVP. Ant Man could be at risk too. Anyone could use that suit (it's not like he's the brains behind it), Wasp is there to carry on that aspect of the MCU, and he'd be a suckerpunch character to kill (lovable, everyday family man trying to turn his life around).

I reckon Tony or Cap will sacrifice themselves.

Hulk/Banner, I cant see them killing him off even.

Thor, I think hes by far the best character in the MCU right now and after Ragnarok, they wont kill him off.

Hawkeye, all the signs during Civil war pointed to him being killed, he survived but could be a cheap kill in the next film.

Black Widow, like Hawkeye, would be a cheap kill given both are basically humans that are very good at what they do.

Theyve all pretty much had their run but I wouldnt mind seeing another Thor film, the rest of them, I could take or leave.

• Advertisement

I nearly think Tony will die (likely Cap too), but we'll then get an AI Jarvis-like version of Tony, thereby kinda keeping him around in the future even just as a voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If Loki and Elbis die then obviously Gamora has to die as well. If they go back then I presume they can only go back as far as the battle in Wakanda which means she’s dead.
    At least I hope they don’t chicken out with it. IW deserves a proper ending and not some cop out crap after how it ended in part 1. It blew people’s minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Blazer wrote: »
    If Loki and Elbis die then obviously Gamora has to die as well. If they go back then I presume they can only go back as far as the battle in Wakanda which means she’s dead.
    At least I hope they don’t chicken out with it. IW deserves a proper ending and not some cop out crap after how it ended in part 1. It blew people’s minds.

She was killed creating/unlocking the Soulstone. I'd imagine whatever works on everyone else will work on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

If Gamora comes back it'll have something to do with the soul stone and someone else (possibly Cap) taking her place. I agree that the two lads are gone from the start of IW.

I nearly think Tony will die (likely Cap too), but we'll then get an AI Jarvis-like version of Tony, thereby kinda keeping him around in the future even just as a voice.

I've a feeling they won't kill Tony. He's the granddaddy of the MCU. They'll take him out of the action in this, or maybe have an ambiguous "death", but they'll keep the character in their back pockets to pull out of the bag in phase 5 or 6 or so... old man Logan style.
    macslash wrote: »
    If Gamora comes back it'll have something to do with the soul stone and someone else (possibly Cap) taking her place. I agree that the two lads are gone from the start of IW.

Agreed, Gamora will come back. She's not "dead" after all. She's just trapped in the soul stone. I kinda though Nebula would be a nice sacrificial exchange but I'm not sure how that works (or Cap) with the rules of the soul stone... don't you have to sacrifice the person you love the most to wield it, so that'd mean someone a) wants to possess the soul stone and b) would have to love Nebula the most in order to sacrifice her... but then does that sacrifice undo the other? Maybe just relinquishing control of the stone releases the soul trapped inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think, and I'm basing this off the conversation Tony & Pepper had prior to them being interrupted by Dr. Strange and Bruce, weren't they planning a wedding? I can see that as Tony's exit from being Iron Man, and subsequent exit from The Avengers.

Also Sebastian Stan has said that there's a scene with everyone in the next film, whether that's a funeral or Tony & Pepper's wedding, remains to be seen.

Infinity War ended on a downer, Avengers 4 to end on a happy note of sorts, with Tony & Pepper's wedding?

How that leads into Spider-Man: Far From Home I don't know, seeing as it picks up minutes after the end of Avengers 4.

I think they'll do a full reversal of the snap.

Rocket spotting the mould for the gauntlet on Nidavellir means it can be re-cast and used by one of the Avengers, Hulk is logically the biggest and probably only one that could wield it in its current size.

The issue is getting the stones off Thanos, his gauntlet looks destroyed but the stone are intact.

I really really hope they don't fully reverse the snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

bring back spiderman, Warmachine, falcon, scarlet witch, vision , nick fury, dr strange, black pather and winter soldier these heroes didn't die in the infinity wars comics , they shouldn't died in the movie

Smertrius wrote: »
    bring back spiderman, Warmachine, falcon, scarlet witch, vision , nick fury, dr strange, black pather and winter soldier these heroes didn't die in the infinity wars comics , they shouldn't died in the movie

I'd be bring back the above and be done with it.

War Machine and Falcon are side kicks, at best.

Vision and Scarlet Witch have been underused by the MCU so losing either or both wouldn't be terrible.

I'd nearly throw the Winter Solider in there too but if Cap dies in the sequel, we've got a new Cap going forward if they go down that route.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I really really hope they don't fully reverse the snap.

They definitely will. Look at all who died; Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr.Strange, most of the GOTG. All of whom have sequels coming out after the next Avengers. Hell even
    Nick Fury and Maria Hill have been announced to be
    in the next Spider-Man. It seems really unlikely and unnecessarily cumbersome to just bring certain people back from the snap rather than undoing it completely, but it's likely there'll still be long-term deaths in the next film.

They definitely will. Look at all who died; Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr.Strange, most of the GOTG. All of whom have sequels coming out after the next Avengers. Hell even
    in the next Spider-Man. It seems really unlikely and unnecessarily cumbersome to just bring certain people back from the snap rather than undoing it completely, but it's likely there'll still be long-term deaths in the next film.

Thats what has cheapened the deaths after the snap.

We know that those with sequels will be back and its very likely that those that have survived, some will die chasing Thanos trying to undo the snap, thats where the major deaths will occur IMO.

I can see the rest of the mentioned sequels going ahead (obviously), future of Guardians 3 is a massive question mark right now, who comes in to take over from Gunn? The cast have firmly planted their flag, and Batista's been very vocal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it'll be Tony and Cap who have to finally come back together to wield a new gauntlet together and make the sacrifice play they argued about in Avengers 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think it'll be Tony and Cap who have to finally come back together to wield a new gauntlet together and make the sacrifice play they argued about in Avengers 1

That’s what I’m thinking,, Tony will have to kill Cap to reenergise the soul stone. Whether they have to find Thanos to get it.
    Either way I can’t wait to see it.
    Another midnight screening

That’s what I’m thinking,, Tony will have to kill Cap to reenergise the soul stone. Whether they have to find Thanos to get it.
    Either way I can’t wait to see it.
    Another midnight screening

Don't see it playing out that way. It's been shown that no mere mortal can wield a single stone, nevermind the gauntlet. Also, Tony's hand is too small :pac: Also, would Cap be the person Tony loves the most. What would Pepper have to say about that :p

I don't think that thing about needing to sacrifice someone you love to get the Soul Stone applies any more. I would have thought it was just to retrieve it from where it had been hidden on Vormir.

I don't think that thing about needing to sacrifice someone you love to get the Soul Stone applies any more. I would have thought it was just to retrieve it from where it had been hidden on Vormir.

Ya, it looks like what they need is a new gauntlet to be forged to fit someone that wont die when its used, Thor or Hulk, or maybe Captain Marvel.

They then have to get the stones from Thanos and his wrecked gauntlet, which looks like it cant harness the power of the stones any more so in effect, hes just a big bad ass without power and dodgy glove. :o

It will be a very interesting film to see how the wrap it all up anyway, I hope they dont ruin it after giving us a great first act.

They then have to get the stones from Thanos and his wrecked gauntlet, which looks like it cant harness the power of the stones any more so in effect, hes just a big bad ass without power and dodgy glove. :o

Just on that. Right after the snap, with the gauntlet wrecked, Thanos was still able to use the Space and Time stones to teleport away and heal from Thor's axe. So maybe he still can use the gauntlet and stones. It just needs a bit of hammering out...

7654497.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

hes just a big bad ass without power and dodgy glove. :o

He slapped the Hulk around without using any of the stones so he's still formidable :)

Thor and Captain Marvel should be stronger than him though so interested to see how they work around that.

Advertisement