Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Panch18 wrote: »
    I’m not telling you to stop posting at all

I’m asking you to stop posting bull**** as if it’s absolute fact when it clearly isn’t

There’s a big difference

No difference at all. 99.9% of posts in AH are not fact. Please show me all the posts in this thread which are absolute fact.

I'm just following the trend and will continue to do so. Apparently it's not against the charter to make up **** so I can carry on doing that.

As I've said you are not a moderator. If you have a problem with my posts please report.

nc6000 wrote: »
    What dog?

Another non fact.

Mod-Banned

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Based on my experiences of how travellers treat animals the Garda probably did the dog a favour..

Another non fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

BBFAN wrote: »
    I care about an innocent dog being killed. Don't you?
    Rip toby

nc6000 wrote: »
    What dog?

Do you claim a dog wasn't shot? Proof please?

I only ask because I'm asked for proof of everything I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Another non fact.

Whats non factual about the history of travellers mistreating animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You honestly think we should be proud of an obviously unstable individual killing a dog?
    The obviously unstable individual has trained the dog to attack people, in which case in this situation is an officer.

This goes to show that the only way you can deal with travellers is armed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BBFAN wrote:
    I care about an innocent dog being killed. Don't you?

Well then your issue is with the Traveller who caused the dags death by setting it on an armed guard.

Rip toby

Hilarious. Did you have to think about that for a long time from your smelly bed?

Whats non factual about the history of travellers mistreating animals?

No proof. I'm asked for proof in AH then I want proof for every other post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

BBFAN wrote:
    Do you claim a dog wasn't shot?

I would like to see some evidence of the shot dog. You don't see it or hear it in the video. I find it strange that a dog grabbed the Garda by the tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

Hilarious. Did you have to think about that for a long time from your smelly bed?
    Im on your side

Well then your issue is with the Traveller who caused the dags death by setting it on an armed guard.

No, my issue is with the person who killed the animal. It's fairly simple really. Only one person killed the animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

seamus wrote: »
    Virgin Media news just played it. It's the same video. There is no clearer video

Are you ****ing serious? What was archer22 on about then? Not sure if it's drink or drugs but I want whatever he's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

No proof. I'm asked for proof in AH then I want proof for every other post.

Use google..youll find plenty of proof

He's not unstable as evidenced by the fact he is armed. I suggest you look up the requirements and qualifications needed to be armed. You really are making a clown of yourself now

Seriously? You trust EVERY single Guard in this country. You really need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Ok saw it again on Virgin 2, I got it incorrect earlier that he held the gun two handed..the other hand was holding his tie.
    But nowhere do I see the Dog attacking him and certainly not when he fired.

Firing a pistol single handed like that is a bit reckless in itself...in fact the whole thing looked unwarranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Thank god that all of our guards are not armed & for mobile camera phones. That idiot Charlie Flanagan very recently wanted to ban the videoing of garda when on duty. Talk about a blue shirt fascist state. Whether those people were acting the maggot no shots should have been fired. The guard should have retreated & sought assistance.

BBFAN wrote:
    No, my issue is with the person who killed the animal. It's fairly simple really. Only one person killed the animal.

The guard acted in self defense no case to answer. Go to your local Garda station and make a complaint if you wish. Tell us how you get on.

Use google..youll find plenty of proof

Proof of what? And no, I don't use google as my source of proof for anything thanks.

• Advertisement

BBFAN wrote:
    Seriously? You trust EVERY single Guard in this country. You really need help.

Did I say I did or can I assume you are spouting more baseless crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭richiepurgas

No sign of dog ?

archer22 wrote: »
    Ok saw it again on Virgin 2, I got it incorrect earlier that he held the gun two handed..the other hand was holding his tie.

Firing a pistol single handed like that is a bit reckless in itself...in fact the whole thing looked unwarranted.

What do you think is happening in the first 10 seconds of the video. Btw, it’s the same video. What’s the story with yer mans right hand side of his body?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

TCM wrote: »
    Thank god that all of our guards are not armed & for mobile camera phones. That idiot Charlie Flanagan very recently wanted to ban the videoing of garda when on duty. Talk about a blue shirt fascist state. Whether those people were acting the maggot no shots should have been fired. The guard should have retreated & sought assistance.

What happens the guy in the van if the cop retreats and lets the assault continue?

Did I say I did or can I assume you are spouting more baseless crap?

You claim the Guard acted in self defence? What are you basing that on so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

TCM wrote: »

So if the scum bag had beaten the **** out of the guy in the van while the garda retreated what would you have said??

It’s amazing that people like you leave the aggressors off the hook completely, and not just in this case either

h2005 wrote: »
    What happens the guy in the van if the cop retreats and lets the assault continue?

He gets the crap battered out of him like the rest of us do when we call 999?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

archer22 wrote: »

Isn’t it possible that the dog was grabbing the garda’s Tie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

You claim the Guard acted in self defence? What are you basing that on so?
    Presumably your position is that his tie had become possessed and was, of its own initiative, pulling the Garda's neck and choking him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

He gets the crap battered out of him like the rest of us do when we call 999?

OK, so now we have a guard willfully ignore an incident of assault?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement