Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shoots dog in Longford

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BBFAN wrote: »
    That it was his mates van. Fairly simple.

Proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

That it was his mates van. Fairly simple.

Back that up please.

Where's your source?

Why was he with his "mate"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

tuxy wrote: »
    There are two different stories being posted on whatsapp and facebook. One story by travellers and one by friends of the man who owns the van.
    In one story the detective is friends with the man who owns the van

And even using bits from both stories I can't make judgment on what happened yet. Still lots of info missing.

What's the other story? You only present one story here?

Back that up please.

Where's your source?

Why was he with his "mate"?

No, I asked for proof first. That's the way it works son.

Proof?

I asked for proof of the other version first. That's the way it works.

Proof that you have lost the plot?

Well your post above is one example. You are refusing to provide proof of your comments, whilst simultaneously demanding other posters provide proof of their first.

Lost.the.plot you have...

..and don't call me "son", it's Senor.

Now, back up YOUR comments or shut up asking people to back up theirs.

BBFAN has never defended travellers. I challenge you to produce a post where I have done so?

I'm not going to search for your posts but if it wasn't you I apologise.
    However I still want proof of your own claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

You are presenting 2 items as pure fact
    1) that the guard and van driver are friends
    2) that the guard was off duty

Now please back up those points that you are posting as facts, some evidence please

You are presenting 2 items as pure fact
    1) that the guard and van driver are friends
    2) that the guard was off duty

Now please back up those points that you are posting as facts, some evidence please

I'm not going to search for your posts but if it wasn't you I apologise.
    However I still want proof of your own claims.

So you have no proof that I've defended travellers?

Good, I accept your apology.

I present no proof for my claims here because no-one else in this thread has presented ANY proof for their claims therefore the burden of proof is lowered to the ground. As is the norm on AH as far as I can see.

I present no proof for my claims here because no-one else in this thread has presented ANY proof for their claims therefore the burden of proof is lowered to the ground.

LOL

I present no proof for my claims here because no-one else in this thread has presented ANY proof for their claims therefore the burden of proof is lowered to the ground.

You have no proof then.

LOL

I thought LOL went out of fashion when my 12 year old stopped saying it in the 2008?

So all of your points can then be disregarded because they have no factual basis

So please stop posting them as fact when they are nothing only your thoughts and opinions

By the way, I have no idea if they were friends or if he was off duty, but I’m not making stupid assumptions either way

You have no proof then.

Same way you have no proof that I've ever defended travellers? Yes, you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Does anyone care?? Really? A scumbag being a scumbag threatening an armed Guard with his dog.
    He grabs the Guard-intent.
    The Guard is in imminent danger-Guard eliminates the danger.

Whats the problem here? Apart from the Guard shouldnt have got himself within reach of the Scumbag but maybe he was trying to protect the man in the van.

Panch18 wrote: »
    So all of your points can then be disregarded because they have no factual basis

So please stop posting them as fact when they are nothing only your thoughts and opinions

By the way, I have no idea if they were friends or if he was off duty, but I’m not making stupid assumptions either way

By your logic 99.9% of posts in this thread can be disregarded as none of them have any factual basis?

I don't think you can tell me to stop posting? I think that's called back seat moderation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

AmberGold wrote: »
    The Garda have to put up with some sh!te.

Not only from the criminals but now he will be hauled over the coals and scrutinised for every little action he took during the incident.
    We should be proud and confident to allow our police force take necessary action without the chill effect they must feel in any incident where the knackers' rights are stacked against the guards.

Does anyone care?? Really? A scumbag being a scumbag threatening an armed Guard with his dog.
    He grabs the Guard-intent.
    The Guard is in imminent danger-Guard eliminates the danger.

Whats the problem here? Apart from the Guard shouldnt have got himself within reach of the Scumbag but maybe he was trying to protect the man in the van.

I care about an innocent dog being killed. Don't you?

Not only from the criminals but now he will be hauled over the coals and scrutinised for every little action he took during the incident.
    We should be proud and confident to allow our police force take necessary action without the chill effect they must feel in any incident where the knackers' rights are stacked against the guards.

You honestly think we should be proud of an obviously unstable individual killing a dog?

Virgin Media news just played it. It's the same video. There is no clearer video

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

An pity for sure but its handler threatened to use it as a weapon.
    Thats up to the authorities who allow any ars3hole to have a dog.

Ive no doubt it was a fine animal in the wrong hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You honestly think we should be proud of an obviously unstable individual killing a dog?

You honestly believe we should be proud of the other characters involved? :D:D

I thought LOL went out of fashion when my 12 year old stopped saying it in the 2008?

Well, when I see someome acting like a child, I mirror them, hence the "LOL".

Your argument of "im not showing you proof, if you dont show me proof" is beyond childish and in no way adds to discussion.

You are in your 40's or early 50's and this is how you conduct yourself?

My time is too valuable to interact with you.

Goodbye.

By your logic 99.9% of posts in this thread can be disregarded as none of them have any factual basis?

I don't think you can tell me to stop posting? I think that's called back seat moderation?

I’m not telling you to stop posting at all

I’m asking you to stop posting bull**** as if it’s absolute fact when it clearly isn’t

There’s a big difference

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    You honestly believe we should be proud of the other characters involved? :D:D

No? When did I say that? Think you're very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

One news story saying dog was injured and ran off and GSOC trying to find it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gsoc-probes-longford-shooting-in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BBFAN wrote:

He's not unstable as evidenced by the fact he is armed. I suggest you look up the requirements and qualifications needed to be armed. You really are making a clown of yourself now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

BBFAN wrote:

What dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Based on my experiences of how travellers treat animals the Garda probably did the dog a favour..