Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia fires on Ukranian vessels

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sorry I haven't got my Sh1te to English Dictionary with me. A simple yes or no would suffice.

Sorry haven't got a time-machine handy, perhaps you could kindly pull next weeks lotto numbers from your posterior for us all, if you have flux-capacitor already in use.

i.e. No one knows for sure, but the aftermath of a global WW3 would more likely than not be a 'winter' event, both meteorological and psychologically.

Even if you could still grow green leaf vegtables, they may taste 'a bit funny'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gandalf wrote: »
    Reports from who thou?

If its not from Sky News or the BBC its not true right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nullzero wrote: »
    The rogue state Russia who singlehandedly destroyed the ISIL/ISIS califate and the threat it posed to the world while the rest of the world stood by and did nothing

Pure bolloxolgy it's been repeatedly proven russia didn't wipe out isis or anything like it .

But hey

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Seems like he doesnt want these elections to go ahead. Would Timoshenko be more pro Russian?

I doubt it. She supports joining the EU and NATO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Video of the ramming incident earlier.

• Advertisement

If its not from Sky News or the BBC its not true right?

That's not what I asked. I asked who reported what namloc1980 had said.

Seems like the Ukranian navy were sailing there ships through the Kerch strait without any Russian authorisation? Why would they do that?

They have shared and open access to the Aziz sea ,

russia blocked all access first

Why would russia do such a thing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Some people talk about Ukraine's fascist tendencies.

Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong.

But this incident can easily add fuel to that fire.
    As it will also to the narrative of the Russian aggressor.

https://twitter.com/WimLuyckx/status/1066810756950368256?s=19

That's not what I asked. I asked who reported what namloc1980 had said.

RT

Gatling wrote: »

Yes, this is what I want to understand.
    There is a bilateral treaty of free access, yeah?

• Advertisement

When did they block access?

RT

Ah direct Russian Propaganda so.

When did they block access?

Today.

They placed a big ship, blocking access.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yes, this is what I want to understand.
    There is a bilateral treaty of free access, yeah?

Yes.

Now remember that russia already had a nonaggression and friendship treaty with Ukraine signed once Ukraine handed all of its nuclear weapons to Russia ,

Followed by the invasion , occupation and annexation of parts of sovereign Ukraine by Russia.

Ukraine are such naughty boys and girls they sent a tug boat to invade russia

Today.

Sounds like the usual orchestrated operation to illicit a response and that is then justified for their over the top actions.

Ah direct Russian Propaganda so.

So you class the BBC as a British/Western propaganda news outlet? Seems hard to get the truth these days from our media.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

Seems like he doesnt want these elections to go ahead. Would Timoshenko be more pro Russian?

She previously agreed a record high gas price for Ukraine with Putin when she was a PM:) .

She is not any bettter than Poroshenko (all money making exercise for both of them) but she is likely to make a deal with Putin to stop all this (with Russia keeping Crimea officially... obviously)

Sounds like the usual orchestrated operation to illicit a response and that is then justified for their over the top actions.

Going by the ramming video , russian ship deliberately rammed the slow moving tug boat,

But I get the feelings we will get an alternative view on here

So, Russias blockade is illegal under international law?

The Ru account is that the vessels entered Russian waters. Is that because they don't recognise the international ruling?

Today.

They didnt fire on the Ukranian navy ships for nothing. Most reports coming out are saying the vessels were going through the Kerch Strait without Russian clearance. No country would tolerate that, let alone two that have been at each others throats for the best part of the last decade.

What would happen to Iranian navy vessels if they entered Israeli waters without permission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

P_1 wrote: »
    Without a shadow of a doubt. Alas I fear theres no way of de escalating this.

Ukraine are likely going to declare war on Russia, at best we will have Russian tanks on the Dnieper if that happens. I sincerely hope no EU countries back them up military because that will only lead to escalation

The new Russian T 14s could get a baptism of fire.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

pri wrote: »
    I'd like to sift through all the rumours shíte and ask two questions:

Has martial law been declared in Ukraine?

What's happening in Donetsk? There were some earlier reports of a situation developing there.

Reports of martial law, on twitter. Nothing I've seen on the wires yet.

The Donetsk escalation seems to be fake; Russian disinfo.

So you class the BBC as a British/Western propaganda news outlet? Seems hard to get the truth these days from our media.

Not to the same extent as RT. Given what we have seen from them RT should be viewed as the disinformation arm of the Russian State.

But I do agree one should never take one source as their only source of news. I always look at multiple sources for stories.

However you also look at news using the lens of the past behaviour of regimes as well. Based on that premise this is another aggressive action by a proven Rogue state that is undermining the Ukrainian state.

They didnt fire on the Ukranian navy ships for nothing. Most reports coming out are saying the vessels were going through the Kerch Strait without Russian clearance. No country would tolerate that, let alone two that have been at each others throats for the best part of the last decade.

What would happen to Iranian navy vessels if they entered Israeli waters without permission?

This is why I'm seeking clarification on the treaty, was it not supposed to be a shared area?

So, Russias blockade is illegal under international law?

The Ru account is that the vessels entered Russian waters. Is that because they don't recognise the international ruling?

Highly likely,

It's going to be a massive misinformation campaign for the next few days,

Russians don't like the idea of democratic Ukraine along side democratic Europe

This is why I'm seeking clarification on the treaty, was it not supposed to be a shared area?

Obviously not once Crimea was back in the hands of the Russian federation.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Highly likely,

and is Russia not democratic?

or have I missed something?

God Bless Putin.

Highly likely,

Agreed too Gatling.

Although I might question the 'democratic' nature of all sides on this one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭thomil

Could this genuinely result in an all-out military confrontation between Russia and Ukraine?

If it does, and if Russia goes all in, Ukraine stands a snowball's chance in hell. The army itself is in a relatively good condition, but the navy is a joke, even the Irish Navy could beat them, and the air force is pale shadow of its former self, with only 38 fighter aircraft and 25 ground attack aircraft at their disposal. That means that Russia will have no trouble establishing air superiority in case of all out war. Any rash action on Kiev's part would be tantamount to suicide.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Could this genuinely result in an all-out military confrontation between Russia and Ukraine?

I'm no expert. Seems unlikely, unless Russia targets Ukrainian territory proper. Then, all gloves are off.

But remember, Ukraine has been known to overplay the threat for many years now. The west has still not bought in.

Advertisement