Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Should Finn & The Good Brothers jump back to NJPW?

I have read that NJPW are ready to offer WWE talent big money to jump ship so which talent do people think should jump.

I'm going with Rusev, Nakamura & Bryan to join Finn & The Good Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whatever about the NJPW, spare a thought for sAnity. Poor feckers haven't won a match since July. Dain was hot in NXT, Wolfe was doing his best work and Young is always capable. What a sh*tty call up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nakamura is one who’d shock me. He’s after relocating his whole family to the States, and he’s got kids too right? Plus I remember him being interviewed talking about how he’s always wanted to live in the States, beside the beach and go surfing every day. He’s not after uprooting his whole family’s life, following a dream and making a big lifestyle choice only to leave guaranteed money to go work a tougher ring style. You gotta think of these guys as real adults making real adult decisions, how they’re being booked barely even comes into it.

Balor I’d be less surprised by now. Surprised still, yes, but less.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tye Dillinger might be someone after seeing how Juice Robinson has done. Though Peyton may be a pretty good incentive to stay.
    And unless something changes soon, Sanity could go.
    But as has been said, a steady income is a big reason to stay, as well as health benefits. Only reason to really leave is if they want more job satisfaction or if they think they'll be released soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Tye Dillinger might be someone after seeing how Juice Robinson has done. Though Peyton may be a pretty good incentive to stay.
    And unless something changes soon, Sanity could go.
    But as has been said, a steady income is a big reason to stay, as well as health benefits. Only reason to really leave is if they want more job satisfaction or if they think they'll be released soon

Tye a good bit older than juice tho so probaley limited in what he can do hes 37 or 38 i think and tbh i think his bar is in and around were he is at the minute but his good friends with cody so im sure he has an in with a lot of places cause of that.

• Advertisement

Becky Lynch makes me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly don't want the "Club" or Nakamura to go back.
    Anderson and Gallows are no loss to WWE or NJPW and Balor like Nakamura just ain't that motivated anymore. Don't think either could cut it at the top of the card there right now; as if they return they'll be paid so much that's where they'll need to go. Bryan I feel knows he isn't what he was and is in the same comfort zone as he knows he's never going back to where he was when he left.
    I'd rather New Japan sign talent outside WWE as most in the company are just spinning their wheels now. If Pentagon and Fenix want to work there as is claimed that's the type of talent I'd seek if I were them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before the Saudis pay for WrestleMania to be held there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

To see the first WrestleMania held outside North America to be hosted there and not in the UK (like I've always hoped for) would be...UGH!

I doubt that'll happen because WrestleMania is likely bigger for WWE than this, cities now set up proposals and bid for Manias like they do the World Cup!

However, I remember seeing somewhere that the idea of having a second WrestleMania-style event in Saudi was floated, and I think that's realistic. Much like how 'The Greatest Royal Rumble' is the Diet Royal Rumble. I could absolutely see that happening. So more Saudi WrestleMania where they call tell themselves they've got their own Mania rather than getting THE WrestleMania.

Then again, I could also see this deal being ripped up after Crown Jewel. I don't think it's tenable long-term. I think WWE are going to start pushing Saudi fast for concessions on stuff like women wrestling now that they've gone to bat for them in not postponing Crown Jewel, and will run into a wall somewhere along there and the deal will die quietly. Either that or it just becomes a house show with no broadcasting aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Becky Lynch makes me cringe.

Has cringe replaced proud now ? Becky is on fire so how can it make anyone cringe ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Has cringe replaced proud now ? Becky is on fire so how can it make anyone cringe ?

She's fine and all but calling herself "The Man" and all that is a bit bleh. You don't have to find it cringeworthy, I do. Her hardcore fan base are very cringe-inducing with comparisons to Stone Cold etc. I don't know, I find it a bit forced or something but that's just me and my random thought, which is what this thread is for. She's obviously doing plenty right, including a great match at Evolution.

She's fine and all but calling herself "The Man" and all that is a bit bleh. You don't have to find it cringeworthy, I do. Her hardcore fan base are very cringe-inducing with comparisons to Stone Cold etc. I don't know, I find it a bit forced or something but that's just me and my random thought, which is what this thread is for. She's obviously doing plenty right, including a great match at Evolution.

I think that’s your Catholic guilt kicking in! :pac:

I notice that if Irish people get majorly famous and start to act in a way that’s not in line with the likes of sports players acting embarrassed with the attention and “aw shure isn’t it great” and making references to Tayto and Coppers (which I dunno...I find fake most of the time personally), they get written off as having “notions.” (We’ve gone through several evolutions of this process with McGregor) I don’t think it’s begrudgery, like I believe you are genuinely cringing, but I don’t know if you’d feel that way if you weren’t Irish and looking at it objectively. Because objectively what she’s doing is working, regardless of how we individually feel it’s clear to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I literally just went to post that gif too :D

Put your popcorn away, I haven’t said anything bad and I don’t think Omackeral is that sensitive. It’s just a thing Irish people have with other Irish people when they get successful elsewhere and we’ve seen it a million times before.

First and foremost, I'm not Catholic :pac:

Secondly, I'm far from a begrudger. Nothing to do with the Irish faring well at all, you're well wide of the mark there leggo. Her Irishness has nothing to with it. You'll never see me ragging on Finn Balor for example, or Jordan Devlin. I just don't believe the whole persona she's playing or something and find it a bit forced. ''Im the Man''. Just don't like it. Her fans gatekeep like there's no tomorrow too. That's the truth. No begrudgery. I actually hate that whole phenomenon as relates to our nation actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Her Reddit fanbase is crazy, in fairness. Reading SquareCircle over the last week or so and it feels like 70% of the content on there is Becky tweets or Becky praise.

I like the character though. It's a different take for a female heel, usually it's bitchy arrogance (like Bliss) but Becky's is arrogance that she can beat anyone now.

If it went the way WWE wanted she would be different but since all the fans got behind her, she's more of an anti-hero.

My only criticism with Lynch is through no fault of her own.
    Its just the feeling that you know like every other successful idea in WWE programming since what feels like forever forever now, it's only a matter of time before they mess it up. Whether its a returning star, a storyline with potential or a new star or hot prospect they will mess it up.

• Advertisement

And that's possibly going to happen at SS. Like how will they have an outcome that makes both look strong?

First and foremost, I'm not Catholic :pac:

Secondly, I'm far from a begrudger. Nothing to do with the Irish faring well at all, you're well wide of the mark there leggo. Her Irishness has nothing to with it. You'll never see me ragging on Finn Balor for example, or Jordan Devlin. I just don't believe the whole persona she's playing or something and find it a bit forced. ''Im the Man''. Just don't like it. Her fans gatekeep like there's no tomorrow too. That's the truth. No begrudgery. I actually hate that whole phenomenon as relates to our nation actually.

Ah no, I’m only going off the fact you used the word cringe, which means embarrassment, so there’s a personal connection you’re tying to that that causes you embarrassment. I am assuming that’s because she’s Irish but yeah could be a million other things I guess.

I don’t think it’s begrudgery for the record anyway, I said that specifically in my last post. I think that trope is largely bollocks. But I do think Irish people are hyper self-conscious of how people who represent us act in the limelight and how they make the country look. So you can see where I connected the dots between that and you cringing. But you say that’s not the case? Fair enough, like/dislike what you wish!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And that's possibly going to happen at SS. Like how will they have an outcome that makes both look strong?

I was astonished she didn't lose to Charlotte at Evolution. With Ronda I figure she'll lose but the survivor series concept of Raw vs Smackdown is so baseless the defeat will be forgotten shortly afterwards.
    If I were to book it I'd have Becky desperately wanting to tap her and after one disarmer attempt too many have Rousey roll her up and outsmart her for just going for the tap. Realistically the risk averse WWE will put Rousey over even if Jax and Tamina taking out Rousey for Becky is realistic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

v8hnh2.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    v8hnh2.jpg

:pac:

I see you too like Simpsons wrestling memes on Facebook :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    Ah no, I’m only going off the fact you used the word cringe, which means embarrassment, so there’s a personal connection you’re tying to that that causes you embarrassment. I am assuming that’s because she’s Irish but yeah could be a million other things I guess.

Not at all. Cringe stuff is just cringey. It's like ''ah here the state of ya mate.'' Doesn't cause me embarrassment personally. There's tonnes of cringe compilations and the likes on Youtube. Just things you find lame I suppose, which is what I do with this whole The Man thing. That's even her Twitter name now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

ERG89 wrote: »
    My only criticism with Lynch is through no fault of her own.
    Its just the feeling that you know like every other successful idea in WWE programming since what feels like forever forever now, it's only a matter of time before they mess it up. Whether its a returning star, a storyline with potential or a new star or hot prospect they will mess it up.
    Yes they often feck things up by trying to take control of something that has happened organically. Victims are widespread from Roman Reigns to Nakamura.

Thankfully in this case though I don't think they've tried to control Becky's new character.... yet. It still feels very much like her own beast which is great. They seem to be slowly embracing it to the point that they might let her go over against Ronda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All natural or juiced up to the eyeballs?

https://twitter.com/BASTARDPAC/status/1061296268549349376?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I got a ebook copy of sunny the former WWF divas book and Jesus there are some details you could do without knowing about. I'd prefer to not know what got HBK going in the scratcher thanks.

Also her recollection of the Montreal screwjob is the worst pro wrestling recollection ever(and wrestlers aren't known for accuracy)

She hates sable and I'm in agreement with her there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »

Absolutely juiced

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement