Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I smile when a Blazin Squad reference is made in relation to Cody's finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Meanwhile the WWE overall has over saturated their own product and have imo driven down the interest in it as a result. Who really cares about the matches on Super Showdown? and the current shows are building to that and as a result are far less must see than shows from times gone by, especially far less so in terms of must see live.

I think a lot of wrestling now is suffering with over saturation even outside WWE but the WWE itself is crippled with filler that is honestly a waste of everyone's time. Stuff like the pre-shows are a load of absolute bollocks tbh. Nobody can seriously be invested in 205 live or the mixed match challenge either.
    I've said it before but I get the feeling most people in WWE are too comfortable, it reflects on the performance of people on-screen and off screen. They got their TV deal, the Saudi money and performers are happy picking up a cheque even if it means they are doing very little on screen or phoning in performances.
    If WWE were under actual pressure those talents writing or working on the main roster would be working their asses off because people in "developmental" would be fighting for their spots but the talent down there are probably afraid to be brought up as a significant portion of call-ups have been failures on some level.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder would Maria & Mike be added to the Miz & Maryse and Daniel & Brie feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't get the appeal of, nor have I ever gotten the appeal of, Mike Kanellis/Mike Bennett.

The appeal is Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I wonder would Maria & Mike be added to the Miz & Maryse and Daniel & Brie feud.

Oh sweet Jesus. Please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it is a Total Bella/Diva feud as much as a Miz/Bryan one and Maria has heat with the Bella's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Always liked Maria.

I'd say her and Mike are first on the list if there is going to be a batch of releases though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of, nor have I ever gotten the appeal of, Mike Kanellis/Mike Bennett.

Me neither...
    vfrwumjx4gny.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Maria is great and I don't know enough about Mike to judge so would to see them get an opportunity.

But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they're dropped at first chance. Then again in this day and age maybe they'll think twice about dropping a woman who only recently gave birth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Maria is great and I don't know enough about Mike to judge so would to see them get an opportunity.
    Beavis.jpg?w968h681

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mad to hear Taker out of character you know. Seems like a decent fella you know :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

The interviewer fella reacts to Taker's stories like you would when talking to a 9 year old who is telling you about a video game you have no interest in.

"No way.."
    "Whaaat?"
    "Oh wow. That's great!"

Was thinking Gerry and many other guys would now be jealous of Petey Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Getting a tattoo because you started a group on TV is cringe don't care what anyone says.

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1048105075191808000?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Fcuk it.....the Riott Squad are good in my book so they can do what they want! I think AJ Lee started that trend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fcuk it.....the Riott Squad are good in my book so they can do what they want! I think AJ Lee started that trend anyway.
    The riot squad are two seasoned operators in ruby riot and sarah Logan and a younging liv Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eh, maybe it's a friendship thing also. They seem close from social media stuff.

I like Ruby too. She won't get one with Ronda about but I think she's deserving of a big push on Raw.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Eh, maybe it's a friendship thing also. They seem close from social media stuff.

I like Ruby too. She won't get one with Ronda about but I think she's deserving of a big push on Raw.
    Ah any match I've seen of ruby on raw she's a bloody good wrestler and Sarah logan is a brilliant wrestler and strong as **** as well. I think Liv Morgan will be a good wrestler as she takes a bump well which to me is as important as performing a move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The cringe keeps coming.

Video of Undertaker arriving into the airport in Australia.
    One fan calls 'Undertaker' before addressing him by the first half of his name, 'Under'. All the while another fan calls him 'Mark' followed by 'Markie'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Getting a tattoo because you started a group on TV is cringe don't care what anyone says.

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1048105075191808000?s=19

Ah, I don't think it's that cringeworthy. As someone already said, it could be a friendship thing as well.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah, I don't think it's that cringeworthy. As someone already said, it could be a friendship thing as well.

No I don't think it's cringeworthy either. It's clear the three of them arent just in a group but are actual friends.

So a week after the all women PPV to highlight the women's division and how far they've come and to show they're equal to the men, we have the all men Crown Jewel.
    Any chance that's not just a coincidence?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Do crowds still chant you tapped out? I haven't seen any matches for a while now and the last time I remember it was to HHH after he tapped to DB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do crowds still chant you tapped out? I haven't seen any matches for a while now and the last time I remember it was to HHH after he tapped to DB

I wish a crowd would chant that at McGregor!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

is it just me or has new japan lost a little buzz since kenny became champion i mean there last 2 shows i didn't even realise were on till they happened. the one in america had no hype even though it was a good show and then theres one today that just seem to have popped up.

i dont know could be me, just doesnt seem to be much people talking about the shows before or after the shows as they were.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Loughc wrote: »
    I wish a crowd would chant that at McGregor!

Yeah that's why it came into my head :pac:

Will they chant at Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

For those who always though Bill Goldberg was a 2 move wonder.

https://youtu.be/3rWrxPMgiKI

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement