Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hey, at least he's not Big CAss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I got a ebook copy of sunny the former WWF divas book and Jesus there are some details you could do without knowing about. I'd prefer to not know what got HBK going in the scratcher thanks.

Also her recollection of the Montreal screwjob is the worst pro wrestling recollection ever(and wrestlers aren't known for accuracy)

She hates sable and I'm in agreement with her there.

hope it was free! Even at that I’m not sure I’d have any interest in what she has to say. I see she’s doing or planning some kind of a “retirement” tour as she “retires as a public figure”. From exactly which element of her public career I’ll leave to your imaginations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

J. Marston wrote: »

Even his forehead has muscles. Think he needs to tone it down, that frame ain't built for muscles like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm not sure whether to be impressed or a little disgusted at his frame.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He must have done a savage weight cut as well to look like that. No food, salt baths, dehydration, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure he had to do something when WWE were keeping him in contract. Stuck in the gym all the time.

He looks like he's in pain

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

This popped into my head today. Any chance of Charlotte turning heel either tonight on Raw(surprise attack with Becky) or Survivor Series to help Becky against Ronda? Might be too soon after the feud with Becky, but they'll have to turn her soon if the plan is still Ronda vs Charlotte for Mania. Or possibly even Becky Charlotte vs Ronda +1 in a tag match at Mania instead? The women's division sure has me interested to see how they get the wheels spinning on this one. I'd love to see Becky involved in a big Mania moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Charlotte doesn't need to turn face, I see it being face v face in a battle to see who's the "baddest woman on the planet", with Charlotte winning since she's going to be around for at least another few years to take advantage of being the first woman to win in the main event of Mania

Becky can stay on SD and keep doing her own thing

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Yeah, you're right they don't need Charlotte to turn at all. Just trying to justify my random thought/question I suppose. I should have said I would just assumed the marquee women's match at Mania would have a heel vs face dynamic, but that doesn't have to be the case. The boarder random thought is, could Charlotte potentially reunite with Becky as a heel?
    It's highly unlikely, but it somewhat makes sense in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Part of me would love to see Ambrose subtly start turning into a manic Doink the Clown over the coming weeks and months adding bit and pieces of makeup and costumes as he transforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Reid Flair would have made something of himself, he was young in wrestling terms only 25. I remember Ric's encouraging comments when he made his debut in Charlotte at the tail end of 08.

I heard there was positive feedback to his work in Japan early this year, I feel very bad for the Nature Boy, he lost the son who was going to carry his mantle. The name 'Flair' will die with him now.

Read the start of this thread and found this sad and funny at the same time how things change a decade later the name lives on as big as ever.

Wooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The mad thing is that if Charlotte does main event Mania, as rumoured, she'll have done something huge in wrestling that Ric himself never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

leggo wrote: »
    The mad thing is that if Charlotte does main event Mania, as rumoured, she'll have done something huge in wrestling that Ric himself never did.

Didn't Ric co main event WM08 when he fought Savage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

TimesArrow wrote: »
    He obviously meant the actual main event, as in having the last match on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,465 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TimesArrow wrote: »

Yeah he did but what I think the point is the main event is the last match on the card(and wwe can dress it up however they want to be the last match is the main event) so if Charlotte is in the main event and is the last match she'd have done something ric hasn't.

So I read something today and how I didn't know it before, I blame on being young when I first heard the move's name. But is it common knowledge that the Sharpshooter is so named because Bret Hart was known as "The Hitman"? Explains "Excellence of Execution" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

From Uncaged album series, I am soon glad to hear "It's Too Late" theme song after soo many years. Imagine Drew coming out to this theme today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,855 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From Uncaged album series, I am soon glad to hear "It's Too Late" theme song after soo many years. Imagine Drew coming out to this theme today.

Don't remember that one but loved his theme he used before he joined 1MB. "Out of time" I think it was called

• Registered Users Posts: 39,465 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You know what might work is that Becky when she comes back they could do a very PG version(no attempted murder by running people over bit) of the stone cold and rikishi bit(and no it's nothing to do with Nias weight) where Becky is enraged to the point She goes medieval on Nia and gets revenge.

• Advertisement

Nia saying "I did it for you Ronda"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ah jaysus, would that make Steph the actual mastermind?

...come to think of it, at least there's the potential for Becky to give her some comeuppance.

Now that would be a big deal if Becky got to have a go at Steph. Ronda had been the first one in a long time to fight her. I remember it looked like Bayley was going to get a chance but that didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If anything I think Steph would be aligning herself with Becky. Steph and Ronda still hate each other on-screen. Maybe Steph sees Becky as someone who can finally beat Ronda and she backs her.

Although nothing would douse Becky's fire quite like weekly segments with Steph.

But we know Becky is all about not needing anyone so aligning with Steph would go against that. Of course we also know they love to attach themselves to someone as hot as Becky.
    I would like to see Steph try to align with Becky only to get an arm bar. Like what better way to annoy Ronda than show her she's not the only one that can break Steph's arm?

Was just trying to think is there anyone in NXT ready for the main roster that could actually be successful there? I think Black and Shayna could be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Undisputed Era would do amazingly well if the came in and made a big impact right away, like Nexus but with a lot more talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Saw these on twitter.. pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does that make Warrior Krang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Watching takeover (great show)

One thing annoyed me though....spoiler
    Riddle finished off Ohno with a knee to face his finisher, in less then ten seconds... no problem.

Then Shayna Blazer used the same thing

Then Gargano and Black used the move a few times

Then Ciampa

Then Roderick Strong in war games.

Just kinda defeats the purpose of
    Riddles knee.

Not even didferent variations of knee to face, pretty much the exact same move, an axe knee type move. Rowe did a knee to face but more akin to Daniels Bryans knee finisher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement