Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Today has been a good day for postage.

Got this massive Street Fighter 2 music collection on Vinyl. It has been out of print since 2015 but found a mint copy on Discogs. It only set me back €89 :-/ Totally worth it though.

43723006_279199549400622_2036158351752206043_n.jpg

And of course this bad boy... not so much retro but definitely will be used to play games on.

44889693_10217858659800955_3762530649970311168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=605a17dee48cd69d530fada5007d09bc&oe=5C455648

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Went to ebay to get a cheapo HDMI multi switcher. Decided to see if there was a high quality broadcast/production option instead as I'm a freak for that stuff. :D

Of course there is! Extron make them. And by the looks of things you're talking £100+.

I did however find a seller selling EXTRON MPS 409 units for £35 each (has three left, yes I bought one)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXTRON-MPS-409-Presentation-Switcher/132468086355?hash=item1ed7b69653:g:begAAOSwPOhaWQNl:rk:1:pf:0

Has the following features;

- 3x1 HDMI switcher
    - 2x1 DVI switcher
    - 2x1 VGA/HDTV component video switcher
    - 2x1 composite video switcher
    - 9x1 analog stereo audio switcher

Seems like a really cool unit and a bit of a bargain.

Extron 409 arrived today and I just finished setting it up, it's the bee's knees! Even came in it's original box which was unexpected. Looks brand new tbh.

Currently I've my Wiiu, 360 and a Kodi box running through it without any issues. Just working on hooking up the stereo now to have all my audio through the one device.

Only one downside, the fecking LED to indicate which input is selected blinks! Trying to figure out if there's a way you can stop this happening. Keeps catching my eye which is really annoying. Otherwise it'll have to be black tape for now.

Edit: I see they're all sold in the link now, hope someone here at least got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Finally got my monitors. Got a ba of those converters O1s1n was on about as well....I just have to make to male rca cables!

ouaSjN8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Posting this mainly for o1s1n but might be of interest to other retro heads!

My Technics cassette deck came yesterday from the seller I mentioned in the bargains thread.

464705.jpg

Unfortunately the heads wouldn't engage when I pressed play and all I could do was fast forward and rewind.

Seemed something happened during transit and the seller who was very genuine gave me a partial refund of £30.

So I opened her up and took out the cassette mechanism itself:

464706.jpg

Took off the first piece which is the head assembly and noticed that the part that moves the head assembly up was stuck.

Basically I ended up taking that out and turning a cog / gear and 5 hours after thinkering, success i got the head to engage.

All was well but there was an audible ticking sound during playback.

So this morning I went back to it and thought maybe since the mechanism is loose, it's not earthed and hooked up a crocodile clip between it and the chassis and the noise went away!

464707.jpg

It's all re assembled now and working beautifully.

Luckily it's direct drive so there's no belts or anything to have to faff about with.
    Absolutely stoked I managed to fix it as k have had zero experience with the workings of cassette decks before.

Also have a retro gaming related get for it on the way!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Left cab. New get today from the marketplace. Almost sold 1 cab last week to downsize now ive got 3!

This is a terrible addiction! :o:P

• Advertisement

There's a nice shape to those cabs, you going to change the artwork etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

There's a nice shape to those cabs, you going to change the artwork etc?

Would you not keep them original since they are rare irish made cabs?

Would you not keep them original since they are rare irish made cabs?

I guess it's a good thing I didn't get them so!

I just wouldn't be a fan of the red. To each his own though. I'd have made a dedicated Marvel vs Capcom cab out of it probably

Only 1 is mine. My friend has the other 2. I'm definitly going to keep mine original. The keys even came with a matching asi Keyring.

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Only 1 is mine. My friend has the other 2. I'm definitly going to keep mine original. The keys even came with a matching asi Keyring.

And straight onto adverts at a 500% markup.not very nice considering the ****show that went on with the seller and the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

500% markup.not very nice considering the ****show that went on with the seller and the raid.

And the rest, they worked out at what €50each and he's listed at €750:eek: very poor, they were put on here in the market place to avoid that:rolleyes:

Sorry lads. What do you mean. I'm not selling mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

we're talking about the Naomi that was collected at same time in the bundle for €150(50each), which is now listed on Adverts for €750

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw that a while ago alright, was up 5 min ago but seems to be withdrawn now?

Bad form there.

Edit: Yes it was withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

we're talking about the Naomi that was collected at same time in the bundle for €150(50each), which is now listed on Adverts for €750

Fookin' hell, the utter greed and delboyism of people sucks the fun right out of this hobby at times.

Yeah, very disappointing.

I'm all for making a few quid but what a dumb way to try and fleece people.

He was lying in the ad as well that he had it in storage for ages and then it was the same cab from a few days ago :)

Nice way to spoil beejees good deal for a genuine arcade fan.

Twat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The buyer here has stated that they only have the one cab and the another person has the other two.
    Yes, it was bad form to pick it up at such a discount and then try to fleece people but there's nothing to be done at this stage.
    If the seller is a regular they are hardly likely to admit it, so I'd say sure voice your disgust but resist the temptation to name and shame.
    The seller may sell it on via other means, this is possibly a poor decision, as it is more likely to be sold again, perhaps to recoup the costs of shipping it to where it is now.

Ah scumbag is harsh. He has operated coin op business in Ireland since the 70s so many of your favourites played over the years could be due to him.

I can safely say tho nobody will be getting my cab. Love it too much

Unfortunately there's been another 1 or 2 resellers on here. Anyone following games ads on adverts would know who they are.

Seems a strangely misguided way to sell them, surely would have known people here would have seen it.

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Ah scumbag is harsh. He has operated coin op business in Ireland since the 70s so many of your favourites played over the years could be due to him.

I can safely say tho nobody will be getting my cab. Love it too much

After this he's unlikely to get any from sellers on here I imagine, through friends or otherwise. I can see why the Marketplace can be quiet here at times when stuff sold kindly here is just brought over to adverts for pure greed. I doubt anyone here cares what he's operated in the past tbh when stuff like this happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it's a small country and a niche market, word goes around quick
    And even less people can fork out 750 for Naomi shell ... and with that little stunt the guy prob lost a solid portion of his potential customer base

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Again, any naming and shaming will result in an infraction, I know this is beyond annoying but, as you all say, the community is a small one so those who would know probably do know who they are and can alter their relationship with them accordingly, if they choose to. But naming them on the forum or via PM which could lead to abuse really is actionable and none of us want the selling of a cab for a large markup, against the spirit of the original sale to wind up with consequences for others.

sugarman wrote: »
    Picked up the PSTV this morning for a mere €30 ...checked it there and its on 3.5x firmware :D

Noice, you can upgrade to 3.60 and have the permanent exploit on it :)

sugarman wrote: »
    When you say permanent, has there been an updated exploit so I dont have to run it every time I boot the console?

Henkaku Enso is permanent
    So first of all, what is Ensō? Ensō enables HENkaku on your PS Vita when the device boots. This provides a seamless experience when using a modified PS Vita. Your PS Vita will be “permanently” hacked, and there is no need to apply HENkaku again after each reboot.

http://wololo.net/2018/06/26/henkaku-3-68-is-enso-really-that-important/

http://wololo.net/2017/07/29/release-henkaku-enso-custom-firmware-ps-vita/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the PSTV exploit do for the lazy among us?

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the PSTV exploit do for the lazy among us?

Off the top of my head...

Run whatever Vita/PSP/PS1 games you want.
    Fan translations
    Unlocks external storage support
    Emulation of other systems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got some box protectors and some stands. I think they look quite smart, my Saturn and Dreamcast boxes aren't great but they look better in these. Got a few game protectors too for some of the more interesting games. Still need to get the shelves up.

83qlCrg.jpg

Y2jb2Vt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

kpPdFPg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Potentially the strangest release I've seen for a modern console, I must have a copy! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Its been a while since i posted anything but today i completed my TomyTronics 3D collection, well the pointy ones anyways, i know there is a couple of square types as well.

tomytronics.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement