Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Ya but that's hassle having to install LCD driver etc, would be nice to add Moon Cresta, Galaxian and similar 80's shooters to the shump's cab.

More hassle than soldering in a UART/Serial interface? That is, depending on what emulator the cab runs, some run MAME, some run Moo. If a purely software solution arrives, it’d be a game changer...I’d still love to see some scanlines though. Nothing worse than vanilla retro gaming on an lcd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    GameStop Swords have the Rampage/Gauntlet one, also 200.

It's gone already.
    The Space Invaders one is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

also got the ps4 copy. The switch one was given by game atelier but this one is something I actually paid for... imagine that :o !

48394658_10156926997208276_621149152578895872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=24669392989d352ad0ab28bb50ada5e3&oe=5C8BF300

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I met you yesterday!
    I had only the one music sheet to give though :(
    More to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The pricing on Shenmue II is very strange lately. The Rage have it priced at €90 and it was going for similar on eBay awhile ago. I got mine for €65 but some of them have been going for as low as €40 CIB in decent condition. I wonder if the remaster has anything to do with that.

AKMIjDG.jpg

7Avjvde.jpg

gtZ8ppC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

These arrived from Japan today
    20181224_100041.jpg

20181224_101505.jpg

That's beautiful!
    Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Finally picked up a PS1 console. Months after finding the games in an attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Got these off my superior half this morning. Delighted :cool:

KwXcRvd.jpg

Got these off my superior half this morning. Delighted :cool:

Might want to give that link another go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Might want to give that link another go!

Ah I was trying to use Boards' uploader, I knew I did something wrong. I'll fix it now

* FIXED *

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ah I was trying to use Boards' uploader, I knew I did something wrong. I'll fix it now

* FIXED *

Siren 2 is one of my favourite games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Simpsons is from my sister for Christmas and two Data Discs from me to me :)

yR6MlJd.jpg

qsc6Oqd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

wUNNZsA.jpg

Picked up a few games in the Rage today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

wUNNZsA.jpg

Picked up a few games in the Rage today

How much was alien storm boxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Must throw up a video of this King of Air PCB. I'm really impressed.

Screen tearing in some games..however many of them run perfectly. Definitely the best vertical multiboard you can get at the moment.

Amazing seeing the Guwange intro on the Pony!

IMG-20181225-104523658.jpg

Also picked up one of these. Don't have a Switch yet so its actually being used with my Wii and Gamecube at the moment. Really interesting having a brand new Nintendo controller for one of their older consoles.

IMG-20181220-212201664.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Really interesting having a brand new Nintendo controller for one of their older consoles.

I know the feeling. Been loving my snes mini controllers all christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

How much was alien storm boxed?

Boxed and mint €10 :eek:

Some decent deals there for the dedicated browser.
    I got the Japanese edition of Wipeout 3 there for around €12, very nice indeed, it's different from the local versions and it's art style is pure genius from the Designers Republic.

Boxed and mint €10 :eek:

Ah sheet I missed that the other day, I would have nabbed it. I got Fatal Fury Special for the Snes for a tenner tho.

• Advertisement

I got a set of paddle contrillers for the Atari 2600, boxed, in Rage for €19.99.
    Also, got a boxed Kirby Deluxe for the Super Famicom, I already have it unboxed but this was worth it, it's gorgeous and only €14.99.

Master of the Universe

Finally got my hands on a Switch today! Been putting it off for ages as I've been still trying to see out the WiiU.

Christ does it make the WiiU gamepad look like crap.

switch.jpg

One thing though, and I hadn't noticed until today - where's the ****ing D pad?!

Best D pad patents in the industry and they don't include one. Must be the first Nintendo home console without one?

As a side point, yes I downloaded Fortnite to give it another try after a 'wtf is this ****e' moment a couple of months back.

Three seconds in and it was just preteens squealing at each other over voice chat. Deleted once again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

One thing though, and I hadn't noticed until today - where's the ****ing D pad?!

Best D pad patents in the industry and they don't include one. Must be the first Nintendo home console without one?

Hori do a left joycon with d pad. No idea if it's any good.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finally got my hands on a Switch today! Been putting it off for ages as I've been still trying to see out the WiiU.

Christ does it make the WiiU gamepad look like crap.

switch.jpg

As a side point, yes I downloaded Fortnite to give it another try after a 'wtf is this ****e' moment a couple of months back.

Three seconds in and it was just preteens squealing at each other over voice chat. Deleted once again :D

I'd change it to use the dark theme, looks much better imo.

Master of the Universe

Hori do a left joycon with d pad. No idea if it's any good.

Excellent! I see there are some colour modded ones on ebay with D pads too. Would love a PAL/Super Famicom Snes button colour layout.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd change it to use the dark theme, looks much better imo.

I didn't even know there was one :D

I got a set of paddle contrillers for the Atari 2600, boxed, in Rage for €19.99.
    Also, got a boxed Kirby Deluxe for the Super Famicom, I already have it unboxed but this was worth it, it's gorgeous and only €14.99.

Nope, Paddle controllers borked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Excellent! I see there are some colour modded ones on ebay with D pads too. Would love a PAL/Super Famicom Snes button colour layout.

I didn't even know there was one :D

Saw this on hukd earlier

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FSWM4Z2?tag=22
    * Please note this D-Pad joy con does not work in TV mode, it needs to be attached to the tablet screen. Is ideal for stuff like the Sega Classics cart, Namco Museum, retro digital games etc.

3155556.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got a new pin
    IMG_20180615_220013_798.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Nope, Paddle controllers borked :(

I haven't ever done it myself but I'm pretty sure fixing the paddles isn't too hard, lots of YouTube videos on it

• Advertisement

They said they weren't tested and that I could have my money back, so that's what I'll do.
    I think I already have a borked set somewhere, so I can have a go at repairing those.
    I've to do something similar to one of the paddles on my Atari Pong console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement