Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My lovely Retro-bit Power Stick arrived this morning, for the NES.
    Looks lovely, hopefully will work a treat.
    Seems that an adapter to let me use it on the Famicom/Twin is hard to find.
    If any enterprising regular fancies making me one I'd be happy to compensate them!

Pwer-Stick-box.jpg

edit: Actually, it might be easier to just install a Famicom cable from an existing 3rd Party controller I have at home.
    Must take it apart and take a look, so how easy/hard it might be.

I have one of these that is no good to me. It is a nes version though not a third party. The B button doesn’t work and even though I took the screws out I didn’t have the motivation or knowledge to even take the back off without damaging it.

I read this forum often, even though I don’t contribute so if you’re willing to fix it you’re welcome to it. No worries if not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll happily take it off your hands, see what I can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

today's skip find :)

46644881_10156869538363276_617917748034404352_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeF0TWR7Dho7HlYOiNGFvGYPpYjAfD9crwmT7CNs89C4WMsgySjerTEhlafRnSykelIEoYBViLRDKmtVcKZowCWEbyLKbWM4cyOaC9tXiDza0w&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=07906d1a6b628485e5cd5b2049f7d0d0&oe=5C6D8A06

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got those shelves up. Wish I had more room, can't really display any games or the Hello Kitty Dreamcast but very limited room. Oh well! I would have liked a fourth shelf to just have a bunch of games on display.

I might move some stuff around.

P66E4Bi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Got a PS4 Pro with Red Dead. Last modern console I've had was a PS2 so I'm enjoying the novelty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Got a PS4 Pro with Red Dead. Last modern console I've had was a PS2 so I'm enjoying the novelty.
    I got a Switch last week probably the first time in ages I got a console before it was out years / dying since the NDS lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Japanese Super Famicom with about 26 games. Bomberman multitap and a super game boy.

It’s a thing of beauty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Japanese Super Famicom with about 26 games. Bomberman multitap and a super game boy.

It’s a thing of beauty:)

I saw that on Adverts, it was a nice bundle at a decent price. I'm glad it went to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a PS Turd.

Ordered a capkit for Naomi, LOPT for another monitor on the to-be-fixed pile

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm nearly home from Carlow, with a haul of 47 Famicom games.
    I'll post some photos and you can help me identify them all!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm nearly home from Carlow, with a haul of 47 Famicom games.
    I'll post some photos and you can help me identify them all!
    We can try guess them tomorrow by looking through the scope like in GCCX jkjk
    201968-288042-15022303jpg-620x.jpg

Collected from PM this evening :)

46247745951_8592ed600b_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Couple of random bits from The Rage. I would prefer Vampire Savior to have the box and Ram cart for completeness but beggars can't be choosers :)

Was hoping to get some tasty stuff like Shenmue 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 but slim pickings at the moment.

I3VNuzL.jpg

Thanks to Sparks for the Dreamcast, will give it a go later on, the bag is from Insert Coin and pin is by Pete Ellison
    DuDmJwyWoAAHi8_?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Collected from PM this evening :)

46247745951_8592ed600b_c.jpg
    Does it only work on a CRT?

Ya it's crt only.

Order from the Yetee arrived. Love my Animal Crossing jumper and EB tee!
    I wanted something not so Christmasy that I can wear for awhile afterwards.
    DuYv2PAW4AMlvKp?format=jpg&name=small
    DuYv2jkWkAAcG2D?format=jpg&name=small

Now look at what I own!
    A physical copy of Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom!

IMG-20181218-161235.jpg

loved every second of that game ...but of course, I am VERY biased :)

Got my copy signed when I was in Paris for the launch too :)

47308235_10156891083703276_4094908586935713792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=39a6677a919fd4aa8bd23b7f4c100255&oe=5CA6863C

incidentally I'm recording a podcast with Fabien, the founder of Game Atelier in a couple of hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

My PSIO arrived! Just got it installed. Can't remember when I pre-ordered it.

You need to install a switch board to grab some data lines expansion port so it can use them.
    468591.jpg
    The red wires and yellow tape, a mod chip which I don't think I installed. It isn't needed for the PSIO to work afaik

...and the PSIO there in the top right :)
    468590.jpg

I didn't really notice a speed up in loading times but I think I need to throw a disc in to really see the difference.
    Just noticed on the top of the PlayStation main board, in the top left of this version there what seems to be region jumpers. 'J U E' wih E being shorted by a resister. Wonder if it is really a region or something else...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice, been looking to get one myself.

The new arrival,
    I might keep it!
    15453838939683628823660061810150.jpg

Lunar lander is a class game.
    Always wanted a dedicated one but it gets very hard very fast!

GameStop Swords have the Rampage/Gauntlet one, also 200.

Has anyone figure how to add a few more games to these ?

Not talking about a Pi conversion, but just another 1 or 2 similarly themed games to the stock ones.

Not talking about a Pi conversion, but just another 1 or 2 similarly themed games to the stock ones.

I'd love to be able to flick a switch and play Super Hexagon/Tempest 2/4k on one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Had a look around the net earlier & short answer is not yet. Lots of ways that it might be done, but no actual real success. Looks like different software on the different cabs as (MAME & MOO).

The most up to date info (I can find) is at:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/
    &
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a02870/hack_original_board_not_just_replace_w_pietc/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

The more I read about it, the less capable the stock boards seems. I’m not sure it’s worth it. I think if going to the bother, a discrete Pi or pc install seems a much better choice. The guy who’s doing the hacking, says the original board likely wouldn’t be able to emulate games and run any shaders at the same time.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    The more I read about it, the less capable the stock boards seems. I’m not sure it’s worth it. I think if going to the bother, a discrete Pi or pc install seems a much better choice. The guy who’s doing the hacking, says the original board likely wouldn’t be able to emulate games and run any shaders at the same time.

Ya but that's hassle having to install LCD driver etc, would be nice to add Moon Cresta, Galaxian and similar 80's shooters to the shump's cab.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement