Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I enjoyed it overall tbh.
    3 new guys just starting out now again as well so I'll do a new character as well.

Actually really looking forward to it, will be great to play through one last time, apt way to say goodbye to New York one of the best looking sandboxes ever built especially on console, Manhattanhenge at sunset is just awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Other then Battlefield 4 which was the biggest revival since Easter 32AD I can't think of any game that had a better revival than the Division. It was floundering until 1.6 and is going out with a bang.
    I still can't do survival. I keep getting lost and freezing to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Other then Battlefield 4 which was the biggest revival since Easter 32AD I can't think of any game that had a better revival than the Division. It was floundering until 1.6 and is going out with a bang.
    I still can't do survival. I keep getting lost and freezing to death.

Hit me up sometime over a weekend - happy to do a survival run or two with you.

I'll definitely do that Cal. I need to get the shield for survival when it's out. Got into the DZ for the second time yesterday. Two of us left. Called in the chopper and then ran to another extraction zone (thinking I'd trick the hunter)..... didn't work. Running back to the original extraction (there's 5 minutes left) and the other guy left dies at another extraction. So I run over to revive him and his fecking hunter killed me.
    I don't seem to get as angry when I die near the end but I should.

tbh - it took me a while to successfully extract solo in survival. Still mess it up now if I am not patient enough with the hunter. The hunters seem to become a little less aggressive as time passes. If you are getting to the darkzone on a regular basis you will get that extraction - but there are a few tips and tricks to taking them down - in DZ02 snipe them from the roof across the road. Or run down the carpark ramp - if they do not come to you then you will have to go after them - proceed with caution.

In DZ03 you can go up on the balcony on the tent overlooking the extraction point and take them down from there.
    *Other strategies are available.

The biggest tip though is to make sure you have 2 green extended mags - these can only be crafted in the outer areas of the map - so do not start to head in towards the darkzone until you have these.

• Advertisement

my biggest issues
    - are getting lost and freezing to death
    - thinking "what's that" just as I walk into a bomb
    - hunters 0-2

I'm not a fan of time restricted activities but have to admit it's really tense in the latter stages. Makes sense about the magazines the two times I got into the DZ I had an M60.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gimli u are a legend for still playing this mate.....

I met a kid at the start. He's somewhere from the far east and is still on my friends list. He plays it every day since release. I'm not that obsessed. I keep finding things dragging me back in. Getting my fourth character to max rank in UG, Shields, Survival etc. If I started on the MP I could get really lost but don't see that happening. I keep coming back to this though.
    I'm totally burned out on Destiny and nothing else has held my interest. Although I have a few Bloodborne runs on the go at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Got my first extraction in Survival last night thanks to some random Spanish lad I matchmaked for reviving me twice.

What a great game mode. Hopefully they bring this into The Division 2 some how but I don't know how it would work with the sunny weather. Crafting a pair of shorts and sunglasses to cool you down.

You'll need to do it to get a shield so keep practicing so you can carry me once that goes live.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The new shield went live yesterday, and it's Underground based. But Underground is free for all to play for the next week so you can all do complete it.

made my 5th character (deleted one, the pain) a guy helped me from 27 on. He was great, reviving rolling and just being awesome. He hit 30 before me and could see him go to 85. Then I hit 30 and went to 291.
    This is my house.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh man, I need to get on and do those shields before they start to pile up.

Who's up for a few games of Survival this week?

I threw a hissy fit about survival this weekend. Ran with a group of randoms and the first thing we did was everyone split up. Eventually died cold and alone. Really struggle at this game mode but will have another bash at it, probably this weekend.

I think it's a good tactic to split up at the start, especially if there's 4 in the group, but don't venture too far from each other. This way you're not all going for the same loot and can share anything you don't need when you meet up again. Once you're getting close to the dark zone, it's best to stay together as the enemies get harder.

that makes sense. No-one was miked up so I didn't realise what the other three were doing running off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProvableGrub

Has anyone had any look finding a game of survival? It feels like I’m searching for hours just to find one person, and the. They drop out. Is PvE any more populated, because PvP just seems dead?

yeah I got into PvE games pretty easy over the weekend, maybe waiting 5 minutes but then matched up on a fairly full player count both times.
    I'd expect PvE to be a bigger draw.

Just run PVE solo or in a group of 2 or 3.
    2 can run it together - just share the loot and take opposite sides of streets etc.
    Is the shield live? If so I will be on this weekend for a few runs...

• Advertisement

yeah it's live

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

not sure why i'm ar$ed with these shields but i got the first few on pc and said i'd finish them out.

this survival one is a pain in the ass though. extract 5 items, grand, done on first run. kill 5 hunters, yeah, that's okay, few runs will do that

but survive for 5 hours? what sort of stupid goal is that? likely going to end up with the other two done and just jumping into a game, running to the nearest lighting fire barrel and leaving the character stand there while i do something else.

seeing conflicting reports that you can buy additional stash space in 2. I'm currently working through the seven stages of grief (now playing - anger and bargaining) which hopefully won't end in acceptance.

Are you ever online at the same time as me gimli? Been looking for you to do a "practice" survival run or two....

bah just woke up, I was looking for you earlier haven't the strength to go it alone again

jumped on to the do the horde mode shield.
    Game 1 got kicked at round 8 proving people are jerks. Game 2 everyone died early on in the contamination round leaving me on my own proving people are idiots. Adds ganged up on me had no fun. Game 3 jumped on to Carrier, one lad knew what he was doing, nonetheless had to revive all of them several times at round 14. We're camping at the back beside a big gun healing station ffs.

Easy enough only one I don't have is survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    jumped on to the do the horde mode shield.
    Game 1 got kicked at round 8 proving people are jerks. Game 2 everyone died early on in the contamination round leaving me on my own proving people are idiots. Adds ganged up on me had no fun. Game 3 jumped on to Carrier, one lad knew what he was doing, nonetheless had to revive all of them several times at round 14. We're camping at the back beside a big gun healing station ffs.

Easy enough only one I don't have is survivor.

I saved myself all the hassle and dropped down to WT1, I know right!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dudeeile wrote: »
    I saved myself all the hassle and dropped down to WT1, I know right!

That's what I did too, it's a chore at that level, but it's griefer free.

This global event is a good time to play Survival if you haven't got the shield. Makes it easier that you can shock the harder enemies and the hunters.

I'm aiming to get this shield by the end of the weekend.

• Advertisement

I really need to do this.

On an unrelated topic is there a problem with Boards I cant seem to get back to the legacy format?

Advertisement