Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gimli2112 wrote: »
    what I was really impressed with was they fixed two pvp problems without fecking up pve.
    Nomad 6 piece no longer works in a group
    Immunizer box nullifies Predator's Mark bleed

Why it took so long on the other hand.

that support station change with the better box taking priority is very good too

Wow, finally support station priority fixed. Took a while. :pac:
    Really good changes, but a bit too late? I got Division this year and sunk almost 200h in it, but when whole Division 2 talks started, I drifted off. Don't really want to put time and effort to looter game, which will have sequal coming out this year or early next year. A shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

gimli2112 wrote:
    what I was really impressed with was they fixed two pvp problems without fecking up pve. Nomad 6 piece no longer works in a group Immunizer box nullifies Predator's Mark bleed

I just wanna jump back into a party with coco when this patch drops to hear him react to the no more cronus max ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wow, finally support station priority fixed. Took a while. :pac:
    Really good changes, but a bit too late? I got Division this year and sunk almost 200h in it, but when whole Division 2 talks started, I drifted off. Don't really want to put time and effort to looter game, which will have sequal coming out this year or early next year. A shame really.

200h yer such a noob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

When's the patch drop?

Might get on some night when it's out Johnny civic just got it and needs a good boosting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jcd5971 wrote: »
    When's the patch drop?

Might get on some night when it's out Johnny civic just got it and needs a good boosting

June 14th, so next Thursday.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    When's the patch drop?

ah I'd love to help Johnny he earned all my exotic swords on destiny. Form an orderly queue

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

DC, in the sunshine. Looks like Ghost Recon, which is to say, cheap.

It won't feel the same. But here's hoping its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I miss the snow already

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

meh..doesn't look anything special really.
    And graphically speaking going from Ubisoft's last 5-6 games its going to look nowhere as good. Once bitten twice shy as they say.
    It has so much potential but Massive really screwed it up bigtime and basically killed the game with the first DLC release. A pity as upto that the dark zone was awesome.
    And then the less kit about kits the better...there was so much armour I jsut gave up in the end trying to sort it out...sometimes more is just too much.

Blazer wrote: »
    And graphically speaking going from Ubisoft's last 5-6 games its going to look nowhere as good.

Well I at least prefer them being honest about it as opposed to another downgrade fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rob2D wrote: »
    Well I at least prefer them being honest about it as opposed to another downgrade fiasco.

I meant as in that video demo its not going to look as good..downgrade fiascos were ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I miss the snow already

Yep the blizzard conditions and hardly any visibility are the best things about the game.

Nothing like a casual jog through Tenderloin and then bam GRENADE!!!!

The big thing that set Division 1 apart was its atmosphere and the ambience. You liked being in there.

Without that, 2 just looks like Ghost Recon or some such. I fear that things just won't be as interesting this time around. But the same guy is writing it so I live in hope.

We really need to see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Shields aren't retroactive.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Shields aren't retroactive.

Gah, time to delete Char number 4 then and get a new BoO :(

I got the BoO shield on logging in. The named boss one is shared between characters but the weekly HVT is character specific. Hope the DZ one is character shared but I'll get it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anything good from the shield caches?

An exotic, classified gear, 500 div tech, 2000 phoenix credits and that stuff you need for HVT's.
    If you get a number of them they unlock something for Div 2. I really hope there's not a PvP one needed for that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gimli2112 wrote: »
    An exotic, classified gear, 500 div tech, 2000 phoenix credits and that stuff you need for HVT's.
    If you get a number of them they unlock something for Div 2. I really hope there's not a PvP one needed for that.

These are the requirements found by data mining:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/8r45by/datamining_list_of_all_shields_patches/

Nothing requiring PvP, which is a merciful surprise.

Underground is required for one, which is a bit of dick move for those who don't have it.

• Advertisement

Have all those except Fang and Phoenix, assuming I don't have to do stuff like delete one of my characters and get it back to #10 in UG

Survival one should be cool. I only really did it once, encountered my first hunter which killed me. Hunters no longer hold any fear. I need to do the two new legendaries too.

No PvP shield is nonsense. Total disrespect to those that stuck with the game and went hard in the DZ/Last Stand.

And the score to get should be 4000. It might motivate me to make the final push on that. Or better yet, make it 5000, for the people that really deserve it.

The rest of them are pretty useless too. Nothing there for any kind of actual achievement. 3 years of progress reduced to a list you could knock out in a weekend.

It's not a proper reward for the long term players, it's just meant to be a propaganda/marketing exercise to keep The Division name in players minds for the sake of flogging the next one.

Spear wrote: »
    It's not a proper reward for the long term players, it's just meant to be a propaganda/marketing exercise to keep The Division name in players minds for the sake of flogging the next one.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Would love to get a party going for survival one of the days if anyone is interested. I've loved the concept of it but I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

I've tried it before, it's hard because I'm so used to having all the wonderful toys and running round with a level 291 character. I've failed at it a few times. Got into the DZ once (after over an hour), scavenged the corpse of a fellow player and had a load of gear. I really should have gotten out but I'd never seen a Hunter before, the rest is history. I remember thinking "Why's it charging at me?"

I'll probably try it again this weekend. Will definitely go for the shield when it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I've a couple of survival extractions behind me so can happily run as a group. I still don't know the map never mind the locations of all the items but I still manage to extract more often than not. Takes me about 1.5hr for a run.

Shields are cosmetic items afaik. We are now in sandbox mode, have been since the last patch really but it's a case of 'the party's ending, knock yourselves out'. Hence the historically ludicrous amount of Div Tech and loot being handed out. On one hand it's to drive us all directly to Div 2 for more challenge on the other it's also allowing folks that haven't many hundreds of hours (let alone thousands) to access end-game content before the curtains fail. Why are so many of you pissed by that? The grind we all went through is not lessened by the fact that others can gain the same gear faster, unless it truly was a grind to you, a pixelated OCD extravaganza where something's value is defined by someone else's lack of it. The things I earned in this game I enjoyed earning. The shields I will enjoy earning, if for no other reason than it's an excuse to play again. If you are looking for anything else, you are missing the reason we game. It's not an extension of Ego (or shouldn't be), it's not about " Plat'ing achievements "
    It's to have fun.
    Your reward for being a long term player? The ride.....

got the four shields but will need a carry for the survival one, mfq
    die die dye
    i'm so cold

• Advertisement

Well I'm glad some of you are happy they're handing out participation medals, but if they're going to the bother of doing it at all then I'd like to see some proper challenges and rewards.

And the ride being the reward? Give me a break. The Division was, no, IS the bumpiest ride any of us have been on in a long time. They're going to have to come up with better than that for D2.

At the end of the day, no PvP shield is a massive F-you to the community who tried to make something of a broken system and in many cases, kept the game alive in the process.

Advertisement