Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Not strictly "bandscan" but what is the station on 927 khz on this sdr ----http://emeraldsdr.ddns.net:8073/ please?
    It not on the other sdr http://emeraldsdr.ddns.net:8074/
    I can't receive it on any radio here .
    Regards

Take your pick..
    http://www.mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=927
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

So am I right in saying that the line-up in Dublin is:
    87.6 - Chill FM
    88.1 - Phever
    91.0 - Hot FM
    91.6 - Now FM
    92.0 - Retro FM
    93.2 - Easy
    99.5 - DanceOne relay
    107.1 - Trax
    1395 - Energy
    Hot and Now should merge IMHO

Plus The Cube on 101.2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i'd say there is absolutely no chance of that happening tbh.

station lineup is correct.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

101.4 COOL FM some nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

So am I right in saying that the line-up in Dublin is:
    87.6 - Chill FM
    88.1 - Phever
    91.0 - Hot FM
    91.6 - Now FM
    92.0 - Retro FM
    93.2 - Easy
    99.5 - DanceOne relay
    107.1 - Trax
    1395 - Energy

Easy Radio, The Cube, Retro and Chill FM are off this morning. Probably all choosing to be part time only.

Now FM on a carrier with RDS. How FM on a mono carrier.

Phever, Fresh and Trax on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aliveireland

Have a look at this scan from just outside Wexford town last Saturday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLI9TlEFZPs&t=78s

Rock Solid wrote: »
    101.4 COOL FM some nights.

Is this what you have posted before as being Kiss FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Hot FM seriously need to upgrade there imaging package, it's awful.

They really love promoting stuff, it's all they seem to talk about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

TallGlass wrote: »
    Hot FM seriously need to upgrade there imaging package, it's awful.

They really love promoting stuff, it's all they seem to talk about?

Don't get me started on this one. Surely it should be called Frank Kennedy FM.

Listened to jocks by the names of Lorraine Doyle and Scott Mitchell on it. My goodness. Both as bad as each other for peddling wares. Who even buys CDs never mind bootlegs.

Listening to them and Frank you would swear this is Ireland's number one radio station. Everything they brag about is clearly a big stretch from the actual truth. Frank is in Spain by the sounds of it so is probably telling all these lies to impress the hard working jocks he has keeping this thing together for him.

He is now talking about launching another station. I think we have suffered enough.

• Advertisement

SWR meter wrote: »
    Don't get me started on this one. Surely it should be called Frank Kennedy FM.

Listened to jocks by the names of Lorraine Doyle and Scott Mitchell on it. My goodness. Both as bad as each other for peddling wares. Who even buys CDs never mind bootlegs.

Listening to them and Frank you would swear this is Ireland's number one radio station. Everything they brag about is clearly a big stretch from the actual truth. Frank is in Spain by the sounds of it so is probably telling all these lies to impress the hard working jocks he has keeping this thing together for him.

He is now talking about launching another station. I think we have suffered enough.

yes an R&B station apparently.

Hopefully another lie. We can only imagine the silly frequency he would put another station on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

SWR meter wrote: »

Hopefully another lie. We can only imagine the silly frequency he would put another station on to.
    Oh dear god not another. Can he not work on what he has got. After all Hot FM needs work. New jingles, more djs(there seems to be only 3).and a better play list

castle2012 wrote: »
    Oh dear god not another. Can he not work on what he has got. After all Hot FM needs work. New jingles, more djs(there seems to be only 3).and a better play list

RDS too.

You'd swear the way they go on about Seb Fontaine, that he was Ronaldo, Obama or Donald himself coming to the Turks head FFS.

Pure FM or something, starting to wonder if these fellas have a touch of the aul Alzheimer's or something.

Pure FM or something,

assuming it's the station calling itself pure fm ireland, then that is a different station, it's a relaunch of the rhythm fm online station which was on earlier in the year.
    starting to wonder if these fellas have a touch of the aul Alzheimer's or something.

why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

College station Juice FM in Cork on 88.7 currently on air again (temporary licence station on spread out days for the next few months)
    and planning to be also on DAB via Eir-DAB soon.

RDS has PS = "Juice FM", PI = "20C2" and RadioText with song title info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Pure FM or something, starting to wonder if these fellas have a touch of the aul Alzheimer's or something.
    Guys are you sure FK is opening pure fm. Had a look at Facebook and it seems to be connected to Paul Wilson and easy fm based on the posts

Guys are you sure FK is opening pure fm. Had a look at Facebook and it seems to be connected to Paul Wilson and easy fm based on the posts

As “end of the road” stated, it is the 50 millionth rebrand of Rhythm FM
    Yes, Paul Wilson is partially involved

from what i can gather it's not actually connected to paul wilson either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Phever have moved today to 94.3 ,88.1 would have had to be vacated for Christmas FM in November.

Now FM is off air at the moment.

There had been some low power tests on 94.3 from a station playing oldies - audio and signal not great - possibly linked to the station that appeared on 108 a few weeks ago.

Small correction to an earlier poster - Absolute 80s is on 98.9 not 99.0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Infoanon wrote: »
    Phever have moved today to 94.3 ,88.1 would have had to be vacated for Christmas FM in November.

Now FM is off air at the moment.

There had been some low power tests on 94.3 from a station playing oldies - audio and signal not great - possibly linked to the station that appeared on 108 a few weeks ago.

Small correction to an earlier poster - Absolute 80s is on 98.9 not 99.0

Xmas fm will need 94.3 won't it?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Xmas fm will need 94.3 won't it?

they will probably be given 105.2 as that seems to be the main temp frequency now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Phever FM in Dublin have moved to 94.3 FM. Signal measuring as stronger as well (+5dB in my area).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Phever loud and clear from Dublin to the far side of the M7 Portlaoise toll this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Phever loud and clear from Dublin to the far side of the M7 Portlaoise toll this morning.

Must be Saggart

Hot and Now should take a listen to stations like Power 87 in Cork and run a similar format

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Hot and Now should take a listen to stations like Power 87 in Cork and run a similar format

They should but they won't. Hot is just completely crap, from the minute they came back. Now FM could be big if they get their act together. They seem to have alot of downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,743 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

kazoo106 wrote: »
    The 1494 TX was on again tonight and has been located ! - not going to say that here apart from the fact that my original guess (approx 1.2km from a previous TX which used to be on 1125) was not too far out - not aware of any anoraks at that location either.
    Signal wise, was just about reaching Castlebellingham at dusk tonight, was also just about audible at Carrickdale Hotel on the North side.

It has not been on medium wave for a few weeks. But I suspect the same transmitter is now on short wave 6318 kHz. Noticed it a few days ago and it seems to be on 24 hours a day. Very strong in Dundalk but nothing on the SDR in Carlow.

• Advertisement

Some distance that. No signal on 94.3 fm this afternoon. Maintenance maybe?

Advertisement