Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Antenna wrote: »
    In Kilkenny City last week had a look through the FM band for any undocumented transmissions:

106.8 and 108.0 had local church broadcasts with morning masses (weekday morning)

106.8 was from the Friary Church (was nearby), dipole aerial visible on a chimney around the back of the church. I do not know where 108.0 was from.

Later in the day Flirt FM from Co. Laois was after going on the air and receivable with dance music on 106.7.

Of all the frequencies they could’ve chosen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Parts of tallaght lost power today too. Just saying.

Lol - be in no doubt Comreg now the location of the tx sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Now FM with big big improvements in audio with it sounding very nice and healthy, maybe a slight increase in power and we might have a good station on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nrgfm

Haven’t been logged in much of late but always try to keep an eye on what’s happening, Big improvement from Now Fm this evening, I heard from a friend they were having Tx issues the last week or so and were awaiting some new kit to arrive looks like Santa delivered. Best of luck to them hope it all goes well, I know back in NRG days we had our fair share of teething and frequency issues but when we got there we were sorted hopefully the same will apply to the Now lads,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, signal is much improved Now FM this morning. Previously it was struggling when heading west on N4 past Liffey Valley, but it's fine today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Now very strong around south Dublin, audio still needs alot of work though.

Hot, can't wait for the "launch".

Kiss are sounding good, playlist needs work.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Now very strong around south Dublin, audio still needs alot of work though.

Hot, can't wait for the "launch".

Kiss are sounding good, playlist needs work.
    What happened to the NOWFM live shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Something wrong with the Manx Radio audio on 1368khz .
    Clipping on peaks and distorted
    Hope not like this at the week end .
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

fmfan wrote: »
    What happened to the NOWFM live shows?

Someone live there tonight

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Something wrong with the Manx Radio audio on 1368khz .
    Clipping on peaks and distorted
    Hope not like this at the week end .
    Regards

Now sorted

• Advertisement

Now FM’s “improvements” must only be effecting the FM, audio worse than ever on the stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HeyFrankie

Now FM’s “improvements” must only be effecting the FM, audio worse than ever on the stream

Nah, its same on fm. Very bad.

Phever back this afternoon but seems weak.

Now sounding better so must be working on setup.

Now fm has no audio all day. Hot playing old shows frank kennedy shows and sounding awful like it was recorded on cassette. Kiss have limited playlist and no live shows as promised. Maybe they should combine and try get one decent station working.

Not getting anything on 1395 khz -- they were due back on this week end.
    Anything heard over there ?
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    Now fm has no audio all day. Hot playing old shows frank kennedy shows and sounding awful like it was recorded on cassette. Kiss have limited playlist and no live shows as promised. Maybe they should combine and try get one decent station working.

I think it maybe a link issue... Not sure about Kiss, but Hot & Now FM have no on board tech. So when things go wrong it stays like that until they can find someone with the knowledge to sort it out. Thankfully Phever & Trax are the total opposite. They both know how to do it right.

Kiss FM comes and goes. Playlist is all over the place but audio wise, their not as bad as they were. No idea what their plan is though, no website, online stream or social presence at all.

I think it maybe a link issue... Not sure about Kiss, but Hot & Now FM have no on board tech. So when things go wrong it stays like that until they can find someone with the knowledge to sort it out. Thankfully Phever & Trax are the total opposite. They both know how to do it right.

Kiss FM comes and goes. Playlist is all over the place but audio wise, their not as bad as they were. No idea what their plan is though, no website, online stream or social presence at all.

And Now are back. A live DJ on and it sounds good. Hopefully they will stabilise.

Search for Jon Doe on Facebook and you will find a personal page setup for kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Regards

Nothing heard in Dundalk, and nothing on the SDR in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Regards

sorry guys maybe tomorrow some antenna probs after storm,will be working on it tomorrow

No live DJ’s on Power 87 Cork yet it appears
    Play FM most of the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No live DJ’s on Power 87 Cork yet it appears
    Play FM most of the day

I’m sure as it’s only a few days old power are just things sorted behind the scenes. The long play is excellent and not much repetition of old stuff. Only the new. The imagining is very sparse tho I’d assume that’s coming also. Theres rumors about who owns it and if it’s the person I heard it is then I’ve no doubt they’ll be a success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Energy back today on 1395

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Darn it -- if I'd checked earlier I could have compared it to the reception a couple of week's ago in the same parking spot.
    But you've chosen a Radio Caroline North week end to return so my car radio hasn't moved off preset number 5 !!
    Sorry guys .
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

I heard Energy AM briefly this evening when doing a quick bandscan while driving from the N4 (Lucan / Liffey Valley) to the M50. It was actually on the M50 southbound (between junctions 12 and 13) that I heard Energy. The reception was not good around there, but I only was listening briefly. Other stations I picked up during that journey included Kiss FM on 93.2 and Trax on 107.1 and finally Retro FM on 92.0. All sounded great westside. I stuck with Retro until that stretch of the M50 where the reception was. not great.

Earlier in the weekend (mainly Friday evening), I picked up the following around Ballinteer/Nutgrove: Kiss Fm on 93.2, Trax on 107.1, Fresh FM on 99.5, Now FM on 91.6, Phever on 88.1 and Hot FM on 91.0 All had reasonably good reception over that area.

I do get the impression that the westside of Dublin seems to be the best place to pick up pirates, with the exception of Energy AM. It might have something to do with where most of them broadcast from!

Audio problems with kiss 93.2fm in Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

HeyFrankie wrote: »
    Audio problems with kiss 93.2fm in Dublin today.

Sounds dreadful. Music playing at a very low pitch (could be an automation or PC issue) and distortion also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Kiss terrible also put on hot fm this morning at 9am and Frank Kennedy was on. Has to be a recording can't see him been up out of the bed that early.
    He also mentioned there just testing. Launching soon

Franks shows on Hot fm must be so good that they are worth replaying multiple times. Check the Hot fm facebook page as they are setting up a new studio. Doesnt matter how many studios they have they still sound terrible on fm.

castle2012 wrote: »
    Kiss terrible also put on hot fm this morning at 9am and Frank Kennedy was on. Has to be a recording can't see him been up out of the bed that early.
    He also mentioned there just testing. Launching soon
    Kiss need to fix that or power off until fixed.

• Advertisement

How can hot fm claim to be only testing for the last 4 or 5 months. Thats not an excuse for being useless. They must take listeners as being complete plonkers.

Advertisement