Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

SATNAV wrote: »
    Hi Declan ,

Don't forget Energy AM they are around as long as I can remember , much better in recent years with their music and on every weekend .

B

Easy is around since 2001 and Energy AM is around since 2006. So, they are longest and second longest pirates, respectively, in Dublin! I think Radio North has been around much longer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rock Solid wrote: »
    What frequency are you on guys ?

at the moment they are online only as far as i know.
    Easy is around since 2001 and Energy AM is around since 2006. So, they are longest and second longest pirates, respectively, in Dublin! I think Radio North has been around much longer, though.

radio north goes back to the 80s i think. possibly earlier.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Early 2004 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

dont kown yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

pure fm wrote: »
    dont kown yet

Very cryptic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Longest running pirates nationally are:
    Radio Caroline - Cork (1981)
    Radio Star Country - Monaghan? (1988)
    Radio North - Donegal (1989)
    These are followed by Cityview in Cork (late 90s, Easy (2001) and Energy (2006.) All others later than 2010

91.0 is no worse than 93.2
    Hot FM won’t last, you can be sure of it

Longest running pirates nationally are:
    Radio Caroline - Cork (1981)
    Radio Star Country - Monaghan? (1988)
    Radio North - Donegal (1989)
    These are followed by Cityview in Cork (late 90s, Easy (2001) and Energy (2006.) All others later than 2010

See my post above :rolleyes:

There is at least one SW pirate that has been on air since the 1970's.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    See my post above :rolleyes:

There is at least one SW pirate that has been on air since the 1970's.

Jolly Roger?

Jolly Roger?

No. I think he's been off for quite a few years. Premier Radio.

• Advertisement

Jolly Roger?

I think Riverside/JRRI (Jolly Roger Radio International) only started in the late 80s anyways

My mistake, didn’t realise they were on that long

This is Premier International which is only on Short Wave - it's operator in the 1970s was (still is??) Jimmy St. Leger. This is not to be confused (which I did before!) with Premier Radio / Premier FM which ran on MW and then FM from the 1980's to the early '00s as a pirate before emerging as a temporary licensed station between 2004 and 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

91.0 is no worse than 93.2
    Hot FM won’t last, you can be sure of it
    you relay haven't a clue what the hell you are talking about :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Ur a very sad individual all the **** that you put up about me in behind this that and the outer why am i even responding to the likes of you how many radio stations have you put on air i no its not dance but hell it has survived various raids over the years 17 years on and off air and guess what it is different from the others that is the only reason that i put it on air just because its not in your taste of music dont knock it i have a lot of listeners that are very great full to hear the station so how dare you class me in the same list as hot fm easy is no were in the same sentence as hot im not saying anymore on the subject we have chosen or music library with the help of some very good friends very carefully we dont manage out technical department we leave that to people that no what they are doing im not saying anymore

think before you type :mad::mad::mad::mad:

paulwilson wrote: »
    you relay haven't a clue what the hell you are talking about :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Ur a very sad individual all the **** that you put up about me in behind this that and the outer why am i even responding to the likes of you how many radio stations have you put on air i no its not dance but hell it has survived various raids over the years 17 years on and off air and guess what it is different from the others that is the only reason that i put it on air just because its not in your taste of music dont knock it i have a lot of listeners that are very great full to hear the station so how dare you class me in the same list as hot fm easy is no were in the same sentence as hot im not saying anymore on the subject we have chosen or music library with the help of some very good friends very carefully we dont manage out technical department we leave that to people that no what they are doing im not saying anymore

Do you feel better after getting it off your chest?? Chill pill I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

do i feel better now now im sick to the teeth of all you so called experts talking bull about me or anything i do you lot no sweet bull about me u never even met me so how should i fell :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

Do you know what you are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Hi Paul,

Absolutely not, i recieved a simular private FB message back after, well maybe a little cheeky comment i made on there FB page before, got banned thank god!

He will defend himself to the hilt, its still ****, no audio expertise, modalation/MPX isnt working, no DJs, no nothing.

Money down the drain for him, lets just sit back and laugh at it, i reckon that kind attention tickles his ego!

Sorry, let me clear something up here
    I meant that 91.0 is as good a frequency as 93.2. Your station’s great dude

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Other stations have dipped in and out of using 91.0 FM in Dublin with lower power. It's not a great choice to be honest, especially with high power from a site. Head just west or north out of Dublin and it's a clash of RTE 2FM versus Hot FM.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Other stations have dipped in and out of using 91.0 FM in Dublin with lower power. It's not a great choice to be honest, especially with high power from a site. Head just west or north out of Dublin and it's a clash of RTE 2FM versus Hot FM.

Same with RnaG on 93.2

Same with RnaG on 93.2

93.2 is a much better frequency than 91.0 believe me

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    93.2 is a much better frequency than 91.0 believe me

Wouldn’t have thought so but fair enough, I’m not an engineer

do i feel better now now im sick to the teeth of all you so called experts talking bull about me or anything i do you lot no sweet bull about me u never even met me so how should i fell :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, no offence intended. I don't claim to be an expert, just an anorak. People are entitled to express opinions like piratehead did as long as they do not get too personal. I just felt that you were overreacting to what he said. It turned out he was talking about frequencies rather than quality of the stations.

That said, I accept that some of us may not actually be out there so do not really appreciate all the effort put into these radio ventures. We are all human and sometimes we make mistakes in what we say, but we learn from such and move on. Yours truly included. Again, I was just reacting to your punctuation-free vitriol, which to me seemed a bit over the top. Apologies again for any negative reaction that I may have contributed to - a misplaced reaction on my part maybe.

My main interest in Easy at this moment is its longevity of 17 years, which is quite an achievement in itself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Cork:

87.5 - Power
    87.8 - True (limited range)
    104.9 - idents say "Energy", RDS reads TEST
    107.0 - mass , weak with no RDS available

marno21 wrote: »
    Cork:

87.5 - Power
    87.8 - True (limited range)
    104.9 - idents say "Energy", RDS reads TEST
    107.0 - mass , weak with no RDS available

NRG must be city-exclusive, no sign in Middleton apparently

99.5 fm back on is that a wise move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

99.5 fm back on is that a wise move

In general I would say it is not wise. Christmas FM get allocated frequencies around 99.4/99.5 and they will be starting soon. Christmas FM gets a lot of attention and they do a great job - best to avoid any issues and stay clear.

SWR meter wrote: »
    In general I would say it is not wise. Christmas FM get allocated frequencies around 99.4/99.5 and they will be starting soon. Christmas FM gets a lot of attention and they do a great job - best to avoid any issues and stay clear.

I'm sure that that whoever is operating that 99.5 transmitter is not oblivious to what is about to come on that frequency in the coming days also XMAS FM have been testing on that frequency 99.5 fm of late for North Wicklow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

SWR meter wrote: »

I'm sure that that whoever is operating that 99.5 transmitter is not oblivious to what is about to come on that frequency in the coming days also XMAS FM have been testing on that frequency 99.5 fm of late for North Wicklow.
    Heard it myself today. Has to be an error as they have been off for a while. Looking up fresh fm/Dance one radio online . It's says the manager here in Ireland is a Philip Dixon

Advertisement