Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Hot and Now should take a listen to stations like Power 87 in Cork and run a similar format

Now has improved of late but great point. So far do not seem to be attracting the level of listeners they need to make it viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Few shorts:

87.6 Chill FM has been off the air a lot recently
    93.2 Easy FM - Station has been noted on air on low power during the day before high power switches on - or possibly there is a low power relay on air during the day?
    96.0 The station that was heard on 94.3 has appeared on 96.0 on ocassion.
    98.9 Abs 80s & 105.7 #1 FM have varied in power over the last few weeks imho - although atmospherics could be affecting reception

Hot fm were off air for most of this morning. Audio now restored but it is not stereo encoded. A presenter with some very questionable broadcast skills was on air this afternoon.

From bad to worse it seems. How long can it continue? I see one of the main presenters - Lorraine Doyle - has also quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SWR meter wrote: »
    Hot fm were off air for most of this morning. Audio now restored but it is not stereo encoded. A presenter with some very questionable broadcast skills was on air this afternoon.

she's new to the station i think. one has got to start somewhere i suppose.
    From bad to worse it seems. How long can it continue?

as long as frank kennedy is willing to keep it going i'd imagine. so i can't see it going anywhere fast.
    I see one of the main presenters - Lorraine Doyle - has also quit.

saw that the other night. i think her leaving has nothing to do with the station though. either way, good luck to her.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

What does Frank get out of it? It is not profit making and he is not even in the country to enjoy it. Is it to just prove a point? Make him sound bigger than he is? A last roll of the dice? It is actually an embarrassment. Should have left the memory of the original Hot fm untouched.

• Advertisement

What does Frank get out of it? It is not profit making and he is not even in the country to enjoy it. Is it to just prove a point? Make him sound bigger than he is? A last roll of the dice? It is actually an embarrassment. Should have left the memory of the original Hot fm untouched.

hard to say tbh. probably to make him sound bigger then he is and promote his businesses in spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Infoanon wrote: »
    Few shorts:

87.6 Chill FM has been off the air a lot recently
    93.2 Easy FM - Station has been noted on air on low power during the day before high power switches on - or possibly there is a low power relay on air during the day?
    96.0 The station that was heard on 94.3 has appeared on 96.0 on ocassion.
    98.9 Abs 80s & 105.7 #1 FM have varied in power over the last few weeks imho - although atmospherics could be affecting reception

Chill FM 87.6 on this evening - first time I have heard them in a while.

Some distance that. No signal on 94.3 fm this afternoon. Maintenance maybe?
    No signal today for Phever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

No signal today for Phever.

Was fine in naas about 5pm

Was fine in naas about 5pm

Yes it came back in the evening but was off for a large part of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lionpaw

Live on the airwaves this evening around Citywest.
    TRAX
    PHEVER (live)*
    CHILL FM
    HOT
    RETRO (live)*
    EASY
    NOW
    ONE (relay)

*dj on air

Chill FM (87.6) and Easy Radio (93.2) both on carriers this evening. Chill FM were sounding great earlier around lunch time. Everyone’s favourite, Hot FM (91.0), suffering from audio issues for the last few days and are currently barely audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JDxtra wrote: »
    Everyone’s favourite, Hot FM (91.0), suffering from audio issues for the last few days and are currently barely audible.

Is it silent?!

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Is it silent?!

It was silent but right now it's just very low. No RDS or stereo on the signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

How long has Easy been on the go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

How long has Easy been on the go now?

2001 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

2001 I think

That makes it the longest running Dublin pirate after the demise of Radio Dublin, if you ignore all the stops and starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Anyone picking up "The Cube" on 101.2 in Dublin? All 80s stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Anyone picking up "The Cube" on 101.2 in Dublin? All 80s stuff.

Stronger in the South East than South West - audio does suffer distortion (linking issue?)

Easy with live programming this evening - Paul Wilson to 1am - mentioning Darren O Neil (Retro Radio) is joining for weekends apparently.

Hot FM audio is non existent - Now FM sounding very good on 91.6

Infoanon wrote: »
    Stronger in the South East than South West - audio does suffer distortion (linking issue?)

Easy with live programming this evening - Paul Wilson to 1am - mentioning Darren O Neil (Retro Radio) is joining for weekends apparently.

Hot FM audio is non existent - Now FM sounding very good on 91.6

Been a while since I was on here, didn't realise The Cube was on a few weeks.

Now FM are sounding ok but on a carrier way too much, happens every week. Hot FM should just call it a day and switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hot FM should just call it a day and switch off.

If they switch off now what will happen to all the CDs Frank has made on his computer for sale?!

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    If they switch off now what will happen to all the CDs Frank has made on his computer for sale?!

god knows. either way i think we are stuck with hot fm for the long haul.

god knows. either way i think we are stuck with hot fm for the long haul.
    Hopefully not! No idea how they have even lasted on that frequency.

Hopefully not! No idea how they have even lasted on that frequency.

it's a mystery alright.

It is completely ridiculous. This is not the first time Hot fm have had extended issues with their transmission. I guess the boss man is in Spain so he cant even hear it. No listeners care enough to tell him either!

There is literally no point to the existence of this station. He is actually just sat in a studio talking to himself. Very sad.

It is completely ridiculous. This is not the first time Hot fm have had extended issues with their transmission. I guess the boss man is in Spain so he cant even hear it. No listeners care enough to tell him either!

There is literally no point to the existence of this station. He is actually just sat in a studio talking to himself. Very sad.
    True. He doesn't care how it sounds. Hasn't got many friends over here who can help out either. He couldn't even sort it himself if he tried, may as well be looking into a field. I'm sure he's tried to get it sorted via a few contacts, but no one wants to get involved with him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

That makes it the longest running Dublin pirate after the demise of Radio Dublin, if you ignore all the stops and starts.

Hi Declan ,

Don't forget Energy AM they are around as long as I can remember , much better in recent years with their music and on every weekend .

B

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

Hi guys just to let you know Frank Kennedy does not own pure FM we are a totally separate station from Hot FM Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

Hi guys just to let you know Frank Kennedy does not own pure FM we are a totally separate station from Hot FM Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

pure fm wrote: »

What frequency are you on guys ?

Advertisement