Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

AZk579f.jpg

Correlation does not equal causation and all that but the way this poll from a few days ago on AH's relationship status lines up with the current presidential poll proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that After Hours needs to get the jump. And maybe cuddle afterwards.

I'm wondering where all those people come from. people are always complaining about how left wing boards is yet here we have all these people saying they're voting for casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

How dense would you honestly need to be to want this guy representing our country as president?:confused:

YVIDavK.jpg?1

Oh right but he said he dislikes the same things as the ordinary joe, and he promises not to touch the money, real man of the people, so maybe it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Let's vote for Casey as a protest vote...come on ..stick it to the PC media & politic crowd!
    He really said bugger all, defo didn't say anything racist. Infact was saying travellers were the same race as everyone else if you get me ..like there are no races dude. As Morgan Freeman said ' If we stop talking about blacks and whites it will go away'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

When will we see some non boardsie opinion polls? This weekend in the papers is it?

Regardless, I have a feeling they will be manipulated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

When will we see some non boardsie opinion polls? This weekend in the papers is it?

Last one I read was on Wednesday. MD still had a ridiculous lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66,977 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sunday I think. But if PP is anything to go by at 66/1 he is behind Freeman, Gallagher and Ni Riada, in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I think the general consensus is that Michael D has it in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

I'm giving Casey No 1 and Michael D No 2.

I see the IRA Sinn Fein candidate wants NI people to be permitted to vote in ROI presidential election.

Yeah right, that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What muppet is voting for Sean Gallagher?

Passed his bus on the M7 early this morning, South bound around the Curragh.

That bus wouldn't have been cheap, and I'll be fierce surprised if Sean comes close to getting that moolah back tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I see the IRA Sinn Fein candidate wants NI people to be permitted to vote in ROI presidential election.

Who would have thought, twenty years after the Good Friday Agreement, we'd have people in Ireland adopting the language of Ian Paisley circa 1998? Mad stuff altogether.

ULSTER%20Mc%2029.jpg

Her votes have doubled over the last week. The SF supporter base must have had to be told who their candidate is. She might end up polling better that McGuinness. As for the remark, heard it a million times before. Never going to happen.

Jeez big Ian has risen from beyond.

Your breath ****in stinks of earth big lad.

Jeez big Ian has risen from beyond.

Your breath ****in stinks of earth big lad.

That's what they call themselves!

• not gonna bother. didn’t even know there was an election till this ****e with peter Casey so :pac:

Berserker wrote: »
    That's what they call themselves!

Link.

Why wouldn't people who identify as Irish be given a vote here? Did you not agree with the GFA? Do you agree with partition?

Link.

You are having a laugh, right! Haven't been on the SF site for a few years but you'll find plenty of examples on there. If they've moved it offline in an attempt to clean up their image, google will give you plenty of examples.
    Why wouldn't people who identify as Irish be given a vote here? Did you not agree with the GFA? Do you agree with partition?

It would have to be all Irish then, including people on the mainland UK/US etc. They Irish in NI are no more or less entitled than an Irish American from NY, for example, if it's going to go down that road. There was nothing in the GFA about giving the Irish in NI voting rights in presidential elections.

Berserker wrote: »
    You are having a laugh, right! Haven't been on the SF site for a few years but you'll find plenty of examples on there. If they've moved it offline in an attempt to clean up their image, google will give you plenty of examples.
    Here's the waybackmachine record. You can get cached pages (untouched by devious shinner revisionists) of their site way back to when it first went live.
    https://web.archive.org/web/19980101000000*/sinnfein.ie
    It would have to be all Irish then, including people on the mainland UK/US etc. They Irish in NI are no more or less entitled than an Irish American from NY, for example, if it's going to go down that road. There was nothing in the GFA about giving the Irish in NI voting rights in presidential elections.

Why would it have to be? These things can be defined.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Passed his bus on the M7 early this morning, South bound around the Curragh.

That bus wouldn't have been cheap, and I'll be fierce surprised if Sean comes close to getting that moolah back tbh.
    The taxpayer funded his campaign through rte libel funds

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Am I right in saying boards.ie polls have been failry accurate in the past? If so I wouldn't be dropping out of the race if I was Peter Casey!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

bicr9ykfc3k11.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Wasn't going to bother but i think i will go out and vote for p casey met a few lads out last night and they said same thing .that was only bull by peter saying he was going to quit, peter didn't get to where he is today by quiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Loads of ppl have told me they are planning to vote Casey number 1 due to him speaking the truth about travellers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Lots of imbeciles voting for Casey, that probably hate trump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

AnneFrank wrote: »

One has nothing to do with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Maybe the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

its deplorable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

What happens if Casey withdraws but wins anyway? Apparently its too late to remove his name from the ballot.

As for his comments. I intend voting for him because I think the decision to grant ethnic status was a mistake. In the US this kind of thing leads to Identity Politics and political pandering. In diverse states, tough questions such as gangs e.g. MS13, the Cribs etc are not addressed because of a fear of being called racist if you raise them. Identity Politics in places like Chicago leads to no-go areas and ironically, minorities end up less not more protected by the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This campaign was dull, dull, dull until PC got very un-PC, but can you imagine is Miriam had of been running as well !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement