Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Harrysbeau

kevincool wrote: »
    What is this no loan clause? Could you explain in plain english?

Not 100% educated on this, but basically I think it means that if before drawdown anything changes in your loan approval, you can’t pull off of the purchase, and lose deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

anyone who owns a 4 bed detached in beechwood?

A no loan clause would protect you from loosing your deposit if in the event your source of funding come the time to close the sale is withdrawn (when the house is built).

Essentially it protects you from loosing your deposit if you loose your job or some-other unforeseen circumstance arrises and the bank revoke their loan offer.

Some people have been successful (myself included, although different development) in getting the clause written into your sale contracts although it highly depends on which development/developer you are purchasing from. Due to the high demand for a lot of new builds, it appears developers have been hesitant in allowing these to be included as most likely they will have a queue of people interested who are probably willing to risk signing without a 'no loan' clause.

Were you successful getting the clause in with the same developer as Barnwell? Eversheds with Kelly Walsh.

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Our solicitor queried this and said it was a crazy clause because anything could happen between dep and keyes but the builders solicitor wouldn't revoke the clause so we had no choice really to go ahead... that or loose the house. We did have to renew our offer in this time frame as it had expired but all went well.

Hi, do you mean you had to reapply for mortgage approval? Do you mind me asking if you had an exception on amount approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Gilo wrote: »
    ATTENTION: SECURITY ALERT

Hi All,

Today my waste bin disappeared in front of my house. I put my 2 bins (waste and recycle) yesterday evening outside (as usually do every week) for collection today’s morning and before leave home for work, I realised that my waste bin disappeared. I called the waste service company (Panda) and they said that there is a possibility that someone might have stolen my bin.

Does this happened before in the area? Are any of you aware of the same type of matter?

I decided to post here so you guys can be aware of this and take care with your stuff.

A black bin was recovered today, Gilo please speak with Robert the site foreman to see if the bin is yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Harrysbeau wrote: »
    Were you successful getting the clause in with the same developer as Barnwell? Eversheds with Kelly Walsh.

No, totally different developer in a different area.

How does barnwell woods compare to beechwood gate? Is beechwood more nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

k100 wrote: »
    A black bin was recovered today, Gilo please speak with Robert the site foreman to see if the bin is yours.

HI K100, we got an email from Robert this morning and he found the BIN. He told me it was found in the entrance of the estate. I believe who got it returned today. I have looked all area on Monday night and it wasnt around.
    Also, he didnt tell me what he saw on the camera footage, he just dropped it in front of my house.
    Maybe someone was just having some fun hiding it or regretted and returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://fora.ie/hansfield-clonsilla-new-apartments-4246552-Sep2018/

Interesting that 600+ apartments being built by Hansfield train station will be "rental only" properties.  Does this mean they will be owned and operated by some institution?  While it alleviates the shortage of rental properties, it does nothing to alleviate the short supply of homes for people to purchase thus keeping prices ridiculously high and beyond most people's incomes to afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

ongarboy wrote: »

Interesting that 600+ apartments being built by Hansfield train station will be "rental only" properties.  Does this mean they will be owned and operated by some institution?  While it alleviates the shortage of rental properties, it does nothing to alleviate the short supply of homes for people to purchase thus keeping prices ridiculously high and beyond most people's incomes to afford.

The planners are asking for lots of changes with that application....

But 600 rentals is are just as badly needed as ones for sale.

• Advertisement

alexf1 wrote: »
    The planners are asking for lots of changes with that application....

But 600 rentals is are just as badly needed as ones for sale.

Hope there are no social housing in these one's

alexf1 wrote: »
    Yeah they're all really nice houses. Great to see such a variety. I'm sure everyone is fed up of schemes with 300 identical boring houses in rows. There are roughly 75 sold out of 128 being built in Beechwood. Then there are another 70ish being built to the East of Barnwell. About 12 are up to roof level right now. The same builder also has land to the South of the power lines to be built on too, but there are no planning requests in yet. A big chunk of land on the other side of the train line is also zoned for housing but I don't know who owns it. The builder doing Hansfield Wood and The Park will be building on the other free space down to the train line. Pretty soon there will be no empty fields there!

How does Beechwood gate compare to barnwell woods? Is barnwell woods good?

By law, at least 10% of ALL developments anywhere in the country have to be offered to the council. So maybe....
    How does Beechwood gate compare to barnwell woods? Is barnwell woods good?

Nobody lives in Barnwell Woods yet. It's being built right now. You should drive out for a look, or at least look at the plans on the Fingal website

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

That's a bit of a nasty thing to say.

If nothing else, social housing is very much needed in this country.

BaaRamEwe wrote: »
    That's a bit of a nasty thing to say.

If nothing else, social housing is very much needed in this country.

Yes, they get a house of 2000 euros for 200 euros and the remaining 1800 euros comes from hard working tax payer who pays 40% of his income as tax:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

ongarboy wrote: »

Ballymun comes to mind. I bet the head guy behind this project wouldn't live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes, they get a house of 2000 euros for 200 euros and the remaining 1800 euros comes from hard working tax payer who pays 40% of his income as tax:mad:
    The reason rent is 2000 is due to the government not building enough housing. Which is partly due to people resenting social housing. So instead they are put in private rental housing driving up rents. More housing of any type is good for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Phil.x wrote: »
    Ballymun comes to mind. I bet the head guy behind this project wouldn't live there.
    Are you saying there are no transportation links or services available in Blanchardstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Hi just a question for anyone who has bought a semi-d in Barnwell/Beechwood in the last 18 months or so.I'm considering buying similar in another part of the country (same contractor and sub contractors) and was wondering what the sound insulation is like? I know we are going to hear some noise from the adjoining house but how much is the question. Living in an early 2000s semi at the minute and my heart is broke with extremely inconsiderate neighbours carry-on on top of the poor sound proofing between the houses.

Thanks.

Hi just a question for anyone who has bought a semi-d in Barnwell/Beechwood in the last 18 months or so.I'm considering buying similar in another part of the country (same contractor and sub contractors) and was wondering what the sound insulation is like? I know we are going to hear some noise from the adjoining house but how much is the question. Living in an early 2000s semi at the minute and my heart is broke with extremely inconsiderate neighbours carry-on on top of the poor sound proofing between the houses.

Thanks.

They're great. No issues with noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

How is the train into the city in the mornings? I have to be in there for 9 later on this week. Is there any parking by the station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The 8:24am that I get from Hansfield usually has a handful of spaces to park at station but not as close as before. Much busier than even a year ago with all the new homes nearby. Train now gets into docklands barely before 9 so even if you're changing at Clonsilla for Tara/connolly, you might want to consider an earlier train.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brillo pad

Whoop deee doooo. .. the place is a kip with over priced houses. Would you bring up a child there ? I wouldn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yzx

I actually heard there will be 40 social houses

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ozarks1

Has anyone in Barnwell Woods been given a snag date or completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Harrysbeau wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering if you have made any further progress with this? Got contracts yesterday and pretty shocked by the no loan clauses. It's very worrying to hear that developer won't budge on it :(

Apologies I didn't see this at the time. No movement on this I don't think. Our solicitor requested it in pre-contract queries but I'm not sure they have had any luck... :(

Any update on your side?

A no loan clause would protect you from loosing your deposit if in the event your source of funding come the time to close the sale is withdrawn (when the house is built).

Essentially it protects you from loosing your deposit if you loose your job or some-other unforeseen circumstance arrises and the bank revoke their loan offer.

Some people have been successful (myself included, although different development) in getting the clause written into your sale contracts although it highly depends on which development/developer you are purchasing from. Due to the high demand for a lot of new builds, it appears developers have been hesitant in allowing these to be included as most likely they will have a queue of people interested who are probably willing to risk signing without a 'no loan' clause.

It's mad because with the high demand you'd think they'd let you have the no loan clause because if anything falls through there will be plenty of demand for the house and as such they won't have difficulty selling...

No, totally different developer in a different area.

Could you say the developer if possible? Or DM the name? Would help with future house-hunting if this falls through...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

If you are asking about Barnwell Wood, a different developer built the 30 or so social houses which are all but complete. The original developer is building the private homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 yzx

If you are asking about Barnwell Wood, a different developer built the 30 or so social houses which are all but complete. The original developer is building the private homes.
    The same developer that built Beechwood gate is going to allocate about 40 social houses in Barnwell Woods. I think whoever is buying there should better be aware of this

Advertisement