Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Has anyone used ew technologies for their water softener in beechwood/barnwell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

We have EWT water softener , 606 gold series . PM me if you need more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Use it in work in D1 - seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

mick2311 wrote: »
    Has anyone used ew technologies for their water softener in beechwood/barnwell ?

Have been using it, no complaints so far. AMC is bit pricy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Anybody know what's the very big rectangle dug out of the ground near hansfield station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Phil.x wrote: »
    Anybody know what's the very big rectangle dug out of the ground near hansfield station.
    I believe that is the foundation for the 6 storey apartments granted permission recently. I expect the deep excavation is to facilitate underground parking. The newly built homes just north of this site serm to be very close to this and I'd say will have significant overshadowing for much of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

May I know, Who is the contact person from the builder side to solve an issue? Where is the office, still in beechwood?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1 naggb

Hi, 
    Anyone here brought house in barnwell place ( block of 7 houses behind school)  from final phase ? Houses were completed in march and still not handed over. They are saying delays because of ESB but how long will it take to get a power connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Hi all,

Sorry for this slightly off-topic post - I know most of the chat here is people already in houses or about to move in.

We've just placed a booking deposit for a house in Barnwell Woods. I'm wondering when all of you purchased, did the agent include this 'no loan clause permitted to be added to contract' - this to me is very sketchy, i'd love to hear people's experiences.

We love the house we've reserved and don't want to lose out, but it seems mad to me to agree to buy the house even if the loan offer from the bank falls through?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Our solicitor queried this and said it was a crazy clause because anything could happen between dep and keyes but the builders solicitor wouldn't revoke the clause so we had no choice really to go ahead... that or loose the house. We did have to renew our offer in this time frame as it had expired but all went well.

• Advertisement

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Our solicitor queried this and said it was a crazy clause because anything could happen between dep and keyes but the builders solicitor wouldn't revoke the clause so we had no choice really to go ahead... that or loose the house. We did have to renew our offer in this time frame as it had expired but all went well.

Thanks for the quick reply! This is really worrying, I don't know how they get away with it. My big concern is I know i'm going to be refused life insurance due to an ongoing undiagnosed health issue; my other half will be able to get it. I'll apply for the waiver but i'm afraid we'll go down a track, get refused and lose our money... :confused:

Oh right i suppose that could potentially cause you an issue if not approved yet. I did speak to Helena about it and she said that they did have a case where someone was diagnosed with a life threatening illness and had to pull out of the purchase but they gave them their refund. The thing is they would have no problem selling the house if anyone was to pull out.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

Talk to your solicitor first, but people are queuing up to buy these houses so once the builder can't easily pocket your deposit AND sell the house to the next buyer on the reserve list then you should be okay. It's not like they need to get paid in full this month, there are long delays on lots of houses. Bank's aren't being overly strict on lending to builders because the market is strong. Hope it works out for you.

Thank you both for your replies!

I have emailed our solicitor and our bank guy so I suppose we'll go from here. Would you know is the insurance required to get the loan offer or is it only before drawing down? I'd love to get this all resolved now in the next couple of weeks rather than waiting until the house is ready and the loan is to be drawn down!

So disappointing as its taken the excitement out of it all!

Totally understand its a stressfull time. No you only need insurance on drawdown

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Hi, Planning to buy a 4 bed detached home in beechwood, hansfield. What are the approx. price for this?
    Are the schools nearby good?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bohsmug

Thank you both for your replies!

I have emailed our solicitor and our bank guy so I suppose we'll go from here. Would you know is the insurance required to get the loan offer or is it only before drawing down? I'd love to get this all resolved now in the next couple of weeks rather than waiting until the house is ready and the loan is to be drawn down!

So disappointing as its taken the excitement out of it all!

Not sure if you'll see this but for life assurance in exceptional circumstances try a UK company called Pulse. You can use low.ie as a broker in Ireland. I was able to get 10 year cover despite having a medical condition on the "refuse list" for every insurer in Ireland. It is a high premium and it's only 10 year cover but it was enough for us to get the mortgage over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ozarks1

Is there as much interest in Barnwell Woods as there was with Beechwood? Have they sold many yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi, Planning to buy a 4 bed detached home in beechwood, hansfield. What are the approx. price for this?
    Are the schools nearby good?

You'll most likely be parting with north of €400k based on previous sales. If you're committing that sort of cash, a phone call to the agents would be your best bet to get specific prices. Different detached 4 beds will have different prices based on differing factors- lawn size, south facing, extra /storage etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

ATTENTION: SECURITY ALERT

Hi All,

Today my waste bin disappeared in front of my house. I put my 2 bins (waste and recycle) yesterday evening outside (as usually do every week) for collection today’s morning and before leave home for work, I realised that my waste bin disappeared. I called the waste service company (Panda) and they said that there is a possibility that someone might have stolen my bin.

Does this happened before in the area? Are any of you aware of the same type of matter?

I decided to post here so you guys can be aware of this and take care with your stuff.

• Advertisement

Gilo wrote: »
    ATTENTION: SECURITY ALERT

Today my waste bin disappeared in front of my house.
    Does this happened before in the area? Are any of you aware of the same type of matter?

I decided to post here so you guys can be aware of this and take care with your stuff.

Do you have your house number on it? Did it blow away in the wind after it was emptied? Doubt anyone would steal a bin. They're microchipped. It's not like someone else can use it and get you to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

alexf1 wrote: »
    Do you have your house number on it? Did it blow away in the wind after it was emptied? Doubt anyone would steal a bin. They're microchipped. It's not like someone else can use it and get you to pay.

It is unbelievable but it is true. someone has stolen my wheelie bin.
    I didnt have the number on it. I have the serial number.
    It was stolen during the night before it was emptied, I used to leave the bin outside the night before because sometimes they come early to collect.
    I have reported it to Panda and the serial number of my bin was tagged as stolen, if someone try to use it they will find.
    Anyway I also spoke to foreman of the building area and it seems they have some cameras around and they will try to help.
    I'll need spend €40 to get a new one. Someone prefers to stolen an used one and take the risk instead of buy (we can find used bin for €10), would it be just for fun?

why the barnwell woods did not sell off completely until now? Are there any negatives to this development?
    how does barnwell woods compare to the beechwood development?

why the barnwell woods did not sell off completely until now? Are there any negatives to this development?
    how does barnwell woods compare to the beechwood development?

Most of the houses in Barnwell and Beechwood were sold in small amounts over the last fee years. There was always huge demand with people queuing up on release day. They're mostly the same house type. A couple are different to Beechwood. Your best option to buy one is to talk to the auctioneers. If you are researching them you're best going on Fingal website and studying the planning applications.

alexf1 wrote: »
    Most of the houses in Barnwell and Beechwood were sold in small amounts over the last fee years. There was always huge demand with people queuing up on release day. They're mostly the same house type. A couple are different to Beechwood. Your best option to buy one is to talk to the auctioneers. If you are researching them you're best going on Fingal website and studying the planning applications.

I’m seriously thinking of buyIng a 4 bed in the barnwell woods. Will view them this Friday.
    Is the train station walking distance?
    Are the schools nearby good and in walking distance?

Saw the Shackleton park, Lucan last week but I believe hansfield is a better option.

I’m seriously thinking of buyIng a 4 bed in the barnwell woods. Will view them this Friday.
    Is the train station walking distance?
    Are the schools nearby good and in walking distance?

Saw the Shackleton park, Lucan last week but I believe hansfield is a better option.

Yes everything is a short walk. Train, bus, schools, Dunnes supermarket and loads of other stuff in Ongar. It's a grand spot here. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Harrysbeau

Hi, Just wondering if you have made any further progress with this? Got contracts yesterday and pretty shocked by the no loan clauses. It's very worrying to hear that developer won't budge on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Harrysbeau

Hi, Just wondering if you have made any further progress with this? Got contracts yesterday and pretty shocked by the no loan clauses. It's very worrying to hear that developer won't budge on it :(

Hi all,

Sorry for this slightly off-topic post - I know most of the chat here is people already in houses or about to move in.

We've just placed a booking deposit for a house in Barnwell Woods. I'm wondering when all of you purchased, did the agent include this 'no loan clause permitted to be added to contract' - this to me is very sketchy, i'd love to hear people's experiences.

We love the house we've reserved and don't want to lose out, but it seems mad to me to agree to buy the house even if the loan offer from the bank falls through?

Thanks in advance!

Harrysbeau wrote: »

What is this no loan clause? Could you explain in plain english?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

A no loan clause would protect you from loosing your deposit if in the event your source of funding come the time to close the sale is withdrawn (when the house is built).

Essentially it protects you from loosing your deposit if you loose your job or some-other unforeseen circumstance arrises and the bank revoke their loan offer.

Some people have been successful (myself included, although different development) in getting the clause written into your sale contracts although it highly depends on which development/developer you are purchasing from. Due to the high demand for a lot of new builds, it appears developers have been hesitant in allowing these to be included as most likely they will have a queue of people interested who are probably willing to risk signing without a 'no loan' clause.

Advertisement