Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

izzyflusky wrote: »
    How much were the 4 beds in previous phases?

Started at 390 to 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FAE dear lord

mick2311 wrote: »
    Surely the 360k is for the 119M2 semi if you at the site map there are actually very few terraces and even not that much 110m2 semis.

The 119M2 started at 345 in September so this to me would make more sense.

Correct, terraced houses were 320 in sep but only a few. 330 - 335 for the 110sqm semi detached and 345 for the larger 119sqm.

I put a deposit dwn on the 330 one in Jan, went back up the next week and had gone up to 340 with the larger one going to 360.

I just pulled out though a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Correct, terraced houses were 320 in sep but only a few. 330 - 335 for the 110sqm semi detached and 345 for the larger 119sqm.

I put a deposit dwn on the 330 one in Jan, went back up the next week and had gone up to 340 with the larger one going to 360.

Anything related to the developement? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Ppl queing up already for next phase on Friday! Terrible situation for ppl to be in!!!

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Ppl queing up already for next phase on Friday! Terrible situation for ppl to be in!!!

Thats shocking, do they stay in the car at least?

• Advertisement

Anything related to the developement? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

No got a cancellation on another property.

No queing outside the sales house! And it was lashing rain earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Actually my home.ie lists 3 bed 110sqm at 360k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

When is the launch of this phase kicking off?

Nothing on daft.

technogeek wrote: »
    Actually my home.ie lists 3 bed 110sqm at 360k

Pretty sure thats wrong.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure thats wrong.

I hope it is .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bohsmug

Madness that people are queueing today. There's a fair few too and settling in for the night. I don't really think that should be rewarded or encouraged by estate agents to be honest. I don't know what the alternative is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brillo pad

bohsmug wrote: »
    Madness that people are queueing today. There's a fair few too and settling in for the night. I don't really think that should be rewarded or encouraged by estate agents to be honest. I don't know what the alternative is though.
    Also madness that they are queuing not knowing how much they are. The builders/estate agents have not released the prices for this phase. Holding out until the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maxymo

It is ridiculous, this kind of situations is what sometimes make me think that is better don't buy yet and wait until bubble crash again to buy from one of those people that won't be able to pay their mortgages because bought a property with an increased price in part because of their actions (doing queues 5 days ahead) will give confidence to agents to put even higher prices.

We all buyers are in a very big disadvantage position against bakns, sellers and market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No sign of Ruth Coppinger and Co.? No wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I wonder if people got numbers in the end. I felt awful reading about the couple with the baby

I wonder if people got numbers in the end. I felt awful reading about the couple with the baby

They got tickets 33 hours after the queue started. I feel bad as i looked at these in the January release and was the same thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The houses are priced between 350 and 500K. Are homes in that price bracket so scarce? I just did a quick Daft.ie search for homes in Dublin with minimum 3 beds and that price bracket and came up with almost 700 results. Sure, many of them may not meet specific buyer requirements needed but surely there would be something that was preferable to spending 4 days in a queue as these buyers would've done if the ticketing system wasn't introduced.

I'd understand the panic if these homes were bargain priced (eg less than 250k) but these are expensive for any averaged income couple.

https://touch.daft.ie/search/results?search[areas][]={"id":1,"name":"Dublin+City,+Co.+Dublin","type":"city"}&search[ad-type]=sale&search[sale-or-rental]=&search[min-price]=350000&search[max-price]=500000&search[min-bed]=3&search[max-bed]=&search[min-size]=&search[max-size]=&search[min-bath]=&search[max-bath]=&search[room]=&search[sort]=best-match&search[address]=

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

ongarboy wrote: »
    The houses are priced between 350 and 500K. Are homes in that price bracket so scarce? I just did a quick Daft.ie search for homes in Dublin with minimum 3 beds and that price bracket and came up with almost 700 results. Sure, many of them may not meet specific buyer requirements needed but surely there would be something that was preferable to spending 4 days in a queue as these buyers would've done if the ticketing system wasn't introduced.

Lots of buyers are getting the help to buy grant. That means you can afford a new home, but not a second hand one. There are very few new builds available. Also, many people are queuing for a particular house. There might only be one or two houses that suit you in a development so you queue to get a chance to secure that exact house.

There's plenty of negative press about this situation on the radio this morning so it's not something the developer or estate agents are doing on purpose. A queue is the fairest way when you think about it. Same as buying tickets for a concert. If its open to anyone to fire in a deposit online or a month early, all the houses will be snapped up by speculators and resold in a year when they're built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Banks appear to be also favouring mortgages with exemptions on new builds.

-renovation costs for 2nd hand homes vs. what is included in new builds (appliances, new kitchens, bathrooms, a3 minimum rated homes)
    -Fixed pricing vs. phantom bidding
    -HTB

.. it's just so much simpler to buy a new home unfortunately.

alexf1 wrote: »
    Lots of buyers are getting the help to buy grant. That means you can afford a new home, but not a second hand one. There are very few new builds available. Also, many people are queuing for a particular house. There might only be one or two houses that suit you in a development so you queue to get a chance to secure that exact house.

There's plenty of negative press about this situation on the radio this morning so it's not something the developer or estate agents are doing on purpose. A queue is the fairest way when you think about it. Same as buying tickets for a concert. If its open to anyone to fire in a deposit online or a month early, all the houses will be snapped up by speculators and resold in a year when they're built.

Most of those houses are not semi detached hence why people are queuing to get the best one available. They are built in blocks of 3 units. So what they advertise as semi detached is actually a townhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Butter Fingers

HI All,
    I bought a sycamore type last Sep with a completion date of Feb which has been extended to mid-late April. I rang the builder yesterday and was advised that my row is practically finished and I should be called in the next few days to snag. Very exciting, however having an issue with the tiler.

After we picked our tile in project tiles for the en-suite and main bathroom ( which was a nice surprise as we had been told no alterations allowed) , they advised us they would send all to Jimmy the builders tiler, who would be in touch with a quotation for works. Jimmy did email us with a price and asked that we get back ASAP as he was ready to start the works.
    In the interim I found a nicer tile for the main bathroom and when replying to his quote asked was it ok to use another supplier and would I buy them and drop to site or pay him directly as is the arrangement with project tiles.
    Its now been 2 weeks and numerous calls and voicemail and texts with absolutely no reply. I rang the builder again today to ask if he had another contact number for Jimmy or to have a word with him. The reply I got was...... if you don't hear back from him he will probably just put in the tiles as per show house.

If this is the case why offer us the choice and it'll just lead to more work and money removing them.

Hoping someone can advise what you think I should do or have you had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

We were told that tiles are done after snagging is completed so they won't be damaged if the builders are still there doing repairs.
    HI All,
    I bought a sycamore type last Sep with a completion date of Feb which has been extended to mid-late April. I rang the builder yesterday and was advised that my row is practically finished and I should be called in the next few days to snag. Very exciting, however having an issue with the tiler.

After we picked our tile in project tiles for the en-suite and main bathroom ( which was a nice surprise as we had been told no alterations allowed) , they advised us they would send all to Jimmy the builders tiler, who would be in touch with a quotation for works. Jimmy did email us with a price and asked that we get back ASAP as he was ready to start the works.
    In the interim I found a nicer tile for the main bathroom and when replying to his quote asked was it ok to use another supplier and would I buy them and drop to site or pay him directly as is the arrangement with project tiles.
    Its now been 2 weeks and numerous calls and voicemail and texts with absolutely no reply. I rang the builder again today to ask if he had another contact number for Jimmy or to have a word with him. The reply I got was...... if you don't hear back from him he will probably just put in the tiles as per show house.

If this is the case I will just be more time, money and effort for no reason.

Hoping someone can advise what you think I should do or have you had a similar experience.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

Butter Fingers,

What I know is that you are able to choose another tile and it will be fitted as showroom. If you want any extra in your bathroom you must agree with Jimmy (he is the only one allowed to go in during the current stage). If you have no agreement with Jimmy, he'll use the tiles that you choose but won't fit anything extra.

BTw, if you dont mind, what is your house's row?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Butter Fingers

Gilo wrote: »
    Butter Fingers,

What I know is that you are able to choose another tile and it will be fitted as showroom. If you want any extra in your bathroom you must agree with Jimmy (he is the only one allowed to go in during the current stage). If you have no agreement with Jimmy, he'll use the tiles that you choose but won't fit anything extra.

BTw, if you dont mind, what is your house's row?

Thanks.

HI,
    unfortunately we cannot get through to Jimmy to even pay for the project tiles for the en-suite let alone discuss other options. If it is the case that the tiles aren't done until after the snag that gives me more time so not as worried.

Our row is number 25-33 has anyone on this row been called to snag yet?

HI,
    unfortunately we cannot get through to Jimmy to even pay for the project tiles for the en-suite let alone discuss other options. If it is the case that the tiles aren't done until after the snag that gives me more time so not as worried.

Our row is number 25-33 has anyone on this row been called to snag yet?

We are on the opposite side of the road, we spoke with Jimmy on Tue & he was currently working on 33 & 34 he said he was working his way down the road but we are still waiting on his quote! I emailed him again today to see if he has an update! But i know he did say he is only dealing with ppl whose houses he is working on so if mailing / txting him put your address in first line!
    As far as i know the tiles are done before the snag for definite.. we spoke with Robert last week on this.
    Robert told us nothing will be done tile wise until we speak with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Guys I feel all your pain I gave up after a month of chasing Jimmy. He had no interest in doing our work and in particular lost interest after I told him we had our tiles picked and paid for elsewhere. We had to give up on him doing the tiling as he just never got back. He did email when he was doing our house then and didn't even recall I had been chasing him for quotes. Very frustrating

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Guys I feel all your pain I gave up after a month of chasing Jimmy. He had no interest in doing our work and in particular lost interest after I told him we had our tiles picked and paid for elsewhere. We had to give up on him doing the tiling as he just never got back. He did email when he was doing our house then and didn't even recall I had been chasing him for quotes. Very frustrating

Same here, went to Project to choose the tiles, Gary emailed Jimmy with the choice and asking for a quote on doing extra tiles, tanking and pigeon holes....no answer. I emailed Jimmy, no answer. Called, no answer.
    I think we will get the standard tiles the do the bathrooms with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

Hi technogeek,
    As said by others previously, probably he will contact you when he is just to start to work at your house... It happened with me.

We have sent him some messages asking for quote but we were contacted back by him only in the week that he was starting to work at my house.

Advertisement