Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

slick14 wrote: »
    I'm getting PG/VG of darkstar - Do you know if the darkstar brand one shots are any good???

It's all trial n error,what you like I might hate,a lot of us have dumped a load of liquids in the past,if you find that some flavours are horrible,try mixing different flavours together in small amounts of 10ml,if you like like it,make a record of it,if it's crap just bin it,it's only 10ml.

Regarding Nic,the best way to store it is in glass bottles or sealed glass jars & then freeze it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I'm going to start with the one shots. Could you recommend a good one shot brand off cheflavours? (there's so many of them) Or are they all pretty much the same?
    Cheers
    Slick

What flavour profile do you like in juice?

I'm going to start with the one shots. Could you recommend a good one shot brand off cheflavours? (there's so many of them) Or are they all pretty much the same?
    Cheers
    Slick

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/chefsvapour-concentrates/5024-mexican-fried-ice-cream.html

That's one I get quite often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I'm getting PG/VG of darkstar - Do you know if the darkstar brand one shots are any good???

From Darkstar this morning

THE COSMIX FLASH SALE
    For only 24 hours we're giving you 20% off all COSMIX Bottle Shot and One Shot products. Don't miss out with code 'COSMIX' at checkout!
    SHOP THE SALE NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Cheers
    Slick

Chefs own range of one shots are pretty good. You can get them here: https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/88-chefsvapour-concentrates

Some of the more popular ones are Tickle Me Pink, Green With Envy, Blue Lush, YouJelly?, Mexican Fried Ice Cream, Nice Custard Cream, Welsh Custard, etc.

Check out Divine oneshots as well, like Fantastic and Keep Your Cool'a. E-juicemakers has some good value ones too that are good quality, have a Google and see what sounds nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

What flavour profile do you like in juice?

So far all I've liked is.... Custards... and strangely peanut butter. I think they give more of a full vape cigarette feel if you know what I mean. Sorry I'm not sure how to explain that. I've only been vaping a couple of months (was smoking 40 Benson a day). I'm sick of sweet strawberry flavour and apple flavours. I've found the tobacco flavours I've tried are horrible. I'm not adverse to trying anything - I think its more that I need to find decent brands and more of a mix than single flavour. I'm finding it's quite expensive trying different flavours and brands that's why I'd like to be able to make my own.
    Slick

Hi,
    How long do parcel motel take to deliver a parcel (nicotine) from their depot?? My stuff is in their depot in Dublin since Sunday - they just need to deliver it to my box for collection. It was quicker coming from the UK! Anyone have this issue? Does this mean there's a problem?
    Cheers
    Slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tickityboo

Hi,
    How long do parcel motel take to deliver a parcel (nicotine) from their depot?? My stuff is in their depot in Dublin since Sunday - they just need to deliver it to my box for collection. It was quicker coming from the UK! Anyone have this issue? Does this mean there's a problem?
    Cheers
    Slick.

Check your spam email folder.
    That's where my last pick up notice was.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Hi,
    Cheers
    Slick.

Herself had the same problem last week. Email to say its in dubin on the sunday and another week to finally deliver to the box.

She emailed several times but heard nothing back and the phone number they give doesnt get answered. I have used them the other day since and it was very quick so Im not sure what the reason for her delay was.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Herself had the same problem last week. Email to say its in dubin on the sunday and another week to finally deliver to the box.

She emailed several times but heard nothing back and the phone number they give doesnt get answered. I have used them the other day since and it was very quick so Im not sure what the reason for her delay was.

Challenge the delay via email, they delivered mine for free when I'd a similar issue earlier this year.

• Advertisement

conjon wrote: »
    Challenge the delay via email, they delivered mine for free when I'd a similar issue earlier this year.

Yeah i had a similar issue myself a while back and they couldnt have been more helpful and refunded the price of delivery because it was 24 hours late.

Thats why I was so surprised the way she was looked after

I always seem to be hearing of problems like this with Parcel Motel, and I've never used them for that reason.

I've never had an issue like that with DPD Parcel Wizard but someone that used to work there told me they're very rough while sorting packages in the depot and just throw them around. Could be the same everywhere.

Maybe AddressPal with An Post is worth a shot in future, I haven't heard any complaints there yet that I can remember.

Phill_M wrote: »
    I always seem to be hearing of problems like this with Parcel Motel, and I've never used them for that reason.

I've never had an issue like that with DPD Parcel Wizard but someone that used to work there told me they're very rough while sorting packages in the depot and just throw them around. Could be the same everywhere.

Maybe AddressPal with An Post is worth a shot in future, I haven't heard any complaints there yet that I can remember.

No delays or missing parcels with PM,once my package is in their Dublin depot,it was always ready for collection the next morning,insurance offered...

I use DPD Express & never had a problem & there are so many different ways of topping up your account & parcels are covered with insurance...

AddressPal,I will never use them again,two parcels went missing at their UK depot,I had signatures but they refused to look into it for me,no insurance offered...

Panic over I got a text saying its ready to collect. Can someone tell me the exact bottles to store nicotine in and where I can buy them. I'm thinking 30 or 50ml amber bottles. But where can I get them?
    Cheers
    Slick

Panic over I got a text saying its ready to collect. Can someone tell me the exact bottles to store nicotine in and where I can buy them. I'm thinking 30 or 50ml amber bottles. But where can I get them?
    Cheers
    Slick

I've only bought plastic bottles online, but in a pinch for amber glass bottles I've gone down to the local pharmacy and asked if they have one or two spare. They usually give them for free, especially if you're in buying something else. Mention it's for vaping at your peril though! They don't want anything to do with e-liquid.

Hi,
    Cheers
    Slick.

Got it. Its a straw colour??? Is this ok?? should 72mg nic in PG be clear???? I've stuck it in the fridge - not going to open until I get amber glass bottles to split it into.
    and will any gloves do or should I use Nitrile Gloves?

Cheers
    Slick

I get mine here https://www.unicornaroma.ie/bottles-and-jars/211-amber-bottles.html#/size-50ml ....50ml I got,perfect for freezing.

and don't forget to buy caps for them https://www.unicornaroma.ie/caps-and-droppers/214-black-caps.html

Cheap old gloves will do...

Got it. Its a straw colour??? Is this ok?? should 72mg nic in PG be clear???? I've stuck it in the fridge - not going to open until I get amber glass bottles to split it into.
    and will any gloves do or should I use Nitrile Gloves?

Straw colour,it might be ok,pg/vg nic are usually clear,could be lower grade,I would contact them & ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Phill_M wrote: »

Dont get me started (again :P )..absolutely dreadful...i,m waiting 3 weeks for a package that was delivered to them within a couple of days....PM can be as bad , lost a 250eoro package and all i got was 100....:mad:

Straw colour,it might be ok,pg/vg nic are usually clear,could be lower grade,I would contact them & ask...

I contacted them yesterday but haven't got a reply yet. Has anyone else bought EU Nic from nicotineuk and if so was it straw coloured?

• Advertisement

slick14 wrote:
    I contacted them yesterday but haven't got a reply yet. Has anyone else bought EU Nic from nicotineuk and if so was it straw coloured?

Nicotine that has a colour isn't necessarily gone off, PG based nic can change to a pinkish colour and VG based can turn orange, this can be due to exposure to heat and/or sunlight. Always keep in a cool dark place and preferably in dark glass bottles.
    If it has a peppery odour then I'd say it's going off.

My 500ml bottle from everythingliquid is open since last october and is nearly gone. It was always slightly straw coloured but has been perfect to my knowledge. Stored in back of fridge in a brown glass bottle all its life.

I'm glad others have had discolouring nic,first time I have heard of it myself ,I've only bought nic once,2 litres from Darkstar a couple of years ago & it's still clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

Just received a 500ml bottle of EU stuff from them yesterday and it was straw coloured alright. I think it usually is. It's always fine anyway.

Nicotine that has a colour isn't necessarily gone off, PG based nic can change to a pinkish colour and VG based can turn orange, this can be due to exposure to heat and/or sunlight. Always keep in a cool dark place and preferably in dark glass bottles.
    If it has a peppery odour then I'd say it's going off.

The Nic I got is PG based and is an orange colour. It does say on their site though that it should be clear. "It is a clear/natural coloured liquid, re-bottled in our own UK Laboratory to exacting standards". I've mailed them several times and can't get an answer. I don't want to open it if they'll replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Discolored nic is fine, unless it's years old and wasn't stored properly. If it doesn't have a weird smell it's probably just fine it's just oxidized - this doesn't affect the strength of it afaik, but can affect flavor if it was going off. I had some that I decanted into smaller bottles from last year [as soon as you open a bottle of nic it'll begin to oxidize, there's nothing you can do about it] it turned amber over time, but it was fine. If it's going off you'd get a fishy/mouldy smell from it. Good nic has a scent, but you will know the difference. Fresh nic can have a faint nutty tobacco kind of scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Lads i have the mixing ingredients in front of me and was going to pull the trigger when i was in conflict as to how much nic to add.The two calculaters are saying 12.5ml of 72 nic and Grindle you say 16.6 nic to mix with the 50ml amount of juice,one calculater doesnt show how much seperately of VG and PG i need to mix to get a 50%PG - 50%VG finish seeing as though the nic i,ve got is PG based nicotene. Its 7.2 or 72 % cant clearly make out with the dot but its the strong stuff if that makes a differance : ) ,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

damon5 wrote: »
    Lads i have the mixing ingredients in front of me and was going to pull the trigger when i was in conflict as to how much nic to add.The two calculaters are saying 12.5ml of 72 nic and Grindle you say 16.6 nic to mix with the 50ml amount of juice,one calculater doesnt show how much seperately of VG and PG i need to mix to get a 50%PG - 50%VG finish seeing as though the nic i,ve got is PG based nicotene. Its 7.2 or 72 % cant clearly make out with the dot but its the strong stuff if that makes a differance : ) ,cheers.

What strength re we making? And how many ml? The calculator should include the PG nic in the 50% PG you require if you have it set up right. I only ever use this one here; http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Your nic is 7.2% or 72mg, 72% nic would kill a horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

What strength re we making? And how many ml? The calculator should include the PG nic in the 50% PG you require if you have it set up right. I only ever use this one here; http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

Your nic is 7.2% or 72mg, 72% nic would kill a horse!

:D i,m looking to end up with 50 ML of juice 50%PG-50%VG and 18mg nic the concentrate flavour 10ml bottles say add 3% and i will store it in 50ml brown glass bottles.The nic strength i see now on the bottle is it says PG BASED NICOTENE (7.2)% :)
    Also i have some flavoured no nic one shot 60ml bottles that contain 50ml of juice,looking for the amount of said nic to be added to the juice to end up with 18mg of nic.

• Advertisement

damon5 wrote:
    i,m looking to end up with 50 ML of juice 50%PG-50%VG and 18mg nic the concentrate flavour 10ml bottles say add 3% and i will store it in 50ml brown glass bottles.The nic strength i see now on the bottle is it says PG BASED NICOTENE (7.2)% Also i have some flavoured no nic one shot 60ml bottles that contain 50ml of juice,looking for the amount of said nic to be added to the juice to end up with 18mg of nic.

12.50 mg of 72mg nic will give you 18mg strength.

Advertisement