Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Thats what mango madness is like for me. At least it was. Cant taste it the same the last few times and ive no idea why

AH yeah, forgot it was you liked the madness :) I tried that mango in LGD around that time as I couldn't get Molinberry then either. I swear they are watering the flavorings down lately, many flavors I try these days seem to be very weak, I find I need to add an extra %

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

At VapeWild

50% off all DIY liquid with coupon code BUYDIY (Expires 13-Feb @ Midnight GMT)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Where are people buying their Nic these days , my freezer supplies are just about to run dry .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

jonski wrote: »
    Where are people buying their Nic these days , my freezer supplies are just about to run dry .

https://nicotinehub.co.uk

Good quality, service and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

https://nicotinehub.co.uk

Good quality, service and reasonably priced.

Hey man
    , long time no posting here :-)
    25gbp for 1/2L 72% VG is dirt cheap, what does it ad up to with shipping to Ireland and Vat i supposed as well?
    Any problems with customs?

• Advertisement

JH_raheny wrote:
    Hey man , long time no posting here :-) 25gbp for 1/2L 72% VG is dirt cheap, what does it ad up to with shipping to Ireland and Vat i supposed as well? Any problems with customs?

Hey JH, welcome back:), I use Parcel Motel, E3.75 upon collection at your chosen location. Postage from UK is Sterling 3.50,approx E5. No customs issues and VAT is included in their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Hey JH, welcome back:), I use Parcel Motel, E3.75 upon collection at your chosen location. Postage from UK is Sterling 3.50,approx E5. No customs issues and VAT is included in their prices.

Not bad at all, I did get an item containing alcohol confiscated by customs one time though and was ordered from UK using parcel motel.
    Bought loads of the Darkstar stuff before the stupid tobacco directive came in so I'll never run out anyway, even sold a couple of bottles for 75 quid a pop when there was nowhere to get it shipped to Ireland so that place you found is defo good news for home mixers

This place is also reliable https://www.nicotineuk.co.uk/ , I ordered direct to my door, no problems. I only ordered 200ml though, and they do it in plastic bottles so not obvious there's liquids in the package. Need to top up soon in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Darkstar

40% OFF ALL 30ML DARK ARTS FLAVOURS UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!

Just use code 'DARK40' at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Hello, I am confused on mixing these up and getting 12 mg nicotine! Can anybody advise me please?

If i get Blood Sukka 30ml concentrate and 250ml (7.2% Nicotine) VG & 250ml (7.2% Nicotine) PG.
    how do i make 12mg nicotine of bloodsukka. How many bottles of concentrate vs 60% PG & 40% VG.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vampire-Flavour-Concentrates-Blood-Sukka/dp/B06XNVKMBZ/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1551212335&sr=8-1&keywords=blood+sukka+concentrate

https://nicotinehub.co.uk/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products%2F100ml-7-dot-2-percent-nicotine

Thank you

• Advertisement

Monkeynut wrote:
    If i get Blood Sukka 30ml concentrate and 250ml (7.2% Nicotine) VG & 250ml (7.2% Nicotine) PG. how do i make 12mg nicotine of bloodsukka. How many bottles of concentrate vs 60% PG & 40% VG.

So in total you have 500mls of Nicotine??? You'll also need some plain VG and PG to mix.

For your mix you'll need

16.67 ml PG nic
    28.33 ml PG.
    40 ml VG
    15ml concentrate

That'll give you 100mls of juice,60/40 PG/VG, 12mg nic. It's mixed with 15 per cent concentrate which is usually good for that type of juice.

So in total you have 500mls of Nicotine??? You'll also need some plain VG and PG to mix.

For your mix you'll need

16.67 ml PG nic
    28.33 ml PG.
    40 ml VG
    15ml concentrate

That'll give you 100mls of juice,60/40 PG/VG, 12mg nic. It's mixed with 15 per cent concentrate which is usually good for that type of juice.

Thanks for the reply.
    Just another question, sorry.
    If i was just to get a bottle of pg nic 7.2%. Then get a mix bottle of pg/vg what ratio would i get the pg/vg bottle? i would use that to make the 68.33 ml(28.33 ml PG. 40 ml VG) you mentioned.

Monkeynut wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. Just another question, sorry. If i was just to get a bottle of pg nic 7.2%. Then get a mix bottle of pg/vg what ratio would i get the pg/vg bottle? i would use that to make the 68.33 ml(28.33 ml PG. 40 ml VG) you mentioned.

I might not be clear on what you mean but anyway,if it's a pre mixed bottle of vg/pg you get then you'd need to take out the equivalent amount of mix to your nic and concentrate and add your nic/concentrate to bring it back up to the 100mls. This isn't an ideal way to mix, you're much better off to buy your VG and PG separately and use one of the online calculators to get your measurements.
    All the mixing essentials can be purchased relatively cheap from somewhere like Boss Shots or Darkstar in the UK.

I'll keep it simple. I'll go with the 250ml nic pg 7.2 + pg + vg + concentrate with the measurements you advised.

Really thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

Hey
    New to DIY - I've make up a few recipes and they all just taste of nothing really. I've followed recipes off ELR so they can't all be made wrong - it must be my ingredients? I'm thinking it might be the VG/PG I'm using. Would/could this cause tasteless juices.:confused:
    Any ideas on where I'm going wrong would be really appreciated?
    thanks,
    Slick.

slick14 wrote:
    Hey New to DIY - I've make up a few recipes and they all just taste of nothing really. I've followed recipes off ELR so they can't all be made wrong - it must be my ingredients? I'm thinking it might be the VG/PG I'm using. Would/could this cause tasteless juices. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong would be really appreciated? thanks, Slick.

slick14 wrote:
    Hey New to DIY - I've make up a few recipes and they all just taste of nothing really. I've followed recipes off ELR so they can't all be made wrong - it must be my ingredients? I'm thinking it might be the VG/PG I'm using. Would/could this cause tasteless juices. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong would be really appreciated? thanks, Slick.

Some juice needs to steep for anything between 3 days and 3 months before the flavour comes through. If you're starting out in DIY I'd recommend trying out some one shot concentrate available from pickandmix diy and ezsmoke here in Ireland or Boss Shots in the UK.
    These are premixed concentrate so all you need to do is add the vg,pg and nic.
    The instructions for the required amounts are usually on the bottle or the relevant website where you purchase.

Some juice needs to steep for anything between 3 days and 3 months before the flavour comes through. If you're starting out in DIY I'd recommend trying out some one shot concentrate available from pickandmix diy and ezsmoke here in Ireland or Boss Shots in the UK.
    These are premixed concentrate so all you need to do is add the vg,pg and nic.
    The instructions for the required amounts are usually on the bottle or the relevant website where you purchase.

Hey,
    yeah i got some one shots from picknmix. mix them up yesterday tried the peanut butter one today - it smells really good - but tastes rubbish! is it too soon to vape it? how long do these one shots need to steep? (I bought a load of them.... milkman,unicorn, peanut butter, berry crunch, lemon meringue pie etc. etc. bought most of them). Are any of them shake and vape or a day or two steep? I'm desperate for something decent to vape.
    thanks,
    Slick.

I'm familiar with Unicorn Milk which is usually good to vape after about 3 days. Did you check the required ingredients to mix using a calculator? It's mixed at 16.5 per cent so for 100 mls it'll need 70ml VG, 9 ml PG, 4ml nic ( 7.2 per cent PG strength. 3mg content in final mix.) and 16.5 ml concentrate. That's for a 70/30 VG/PG mix with 3 mg nic content.
    If you need a different mix then it can be adjusted using an online calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I'd say everything there would be fine to vape almost right away. I never bothered waiting for a steep unless I made loads and wasn't that into it. Make everything up and let them sit there, you will get through them eventually anyway.

I think peanut butter generally sucks or at least I never tried a nice one. It's all right using as a secondary flavour

The best shake'n'vapes I find are strong fruity mixes. Anything with creams, custard or any kind of bakery will need a good steep. As Doc says, this can depend on the concentrates used, some are really stubborn, and peanut butter is one of those. I find when I use it I have to ramp up the % if I want it to stand out, and it needs at least a week steep in a cupboard - it should shine through from there or it's a very weak mix. The lemon meringue is your best bet for flavour from the off, but even that will be better after a few days. I've been on forums and FB pages for mixers and some are really obsessive about their steep times. They'll put up a recipe and state that it requires 2 month steep - er, no thanks :D If I can't enjoy a juice after a week or so then I can't be bothered. Honestly, even with custards - which I love - I find they taste as good after a week as after a month, they do get smoother/creamier, but they also continue to steep even when you're using them. Don't stress on it too much, put your juices away in a dry cupboard, give them a shake every now and then when you think of it, and continue to sample them as you go - you'll know when they have come good. Also are you using fresh coils when trying these new juices? Might be an obvious thing, but if you just dumped them into a coil youwere using already you're not going to get decent flavour. Some juices don't cross over very well with others.

• Advertisement

Hey
    I want to make a recipe that uses 0.9% saline. From my research I can see I need 0.9% USP Grade sterile saline. Can anyone tell me the best place to buy this? Has anyone used it here? Is it ok to use in mixes?
    Thanks,
    Slick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

So I had my first DIY attempt and it turned out pretty bad. Really dry and almost flavourless :(
    Just tried fruit flavours so it wouldn’t require much steeping but even after 5 days it’s sh*te.
    Can anybody steer me in the right direction with flavour percentages or even basic recipes using what’s in the pic please? Thanks.

AF3-C655-B-3-DE2-44-CE-A877-1-A5-FE07-AB17-A.jpg

So I had my first DIY attempt and it turned out pretty bad. Really dry and almost flavourless :(
    Just tried fruit flavours so it wouldn’t require much steeping but even after 5 days it’s sh*te.
    Can anybody steer me in the right direction with flavour percentages or even basic recipes using what’s in the pic please? Thanks.

AF3-C655-B-3-DE2-44-CE-A877-1-A5-FE07-AB17-A.jpg

What % were you using the concentrates at? Strawberry is notoriously weak across the board, I have never found one that really pops without a lot of coaxing. Sometimes a drop of blackcurrant helps it shine, sometimes raspberry [recommend Shisha Raspberry from Inawera]

The custard may well need a couple of weeks to steep properly, but even beforehand you should be getting some flavour, if you were mixing it with grape that might drown it out, I've never used this custard or grape so can't really say only advise to cap it up and allow to steep for another week+ in a cool dry cupboard. I've found any grape I tried was strong from the off, again Inawera's is good, with their concentrates you only need 1/3rd the amount you'd use from most others [Capella, TFA etc] so it goes a long way.

Have a look on EL-R, search the concentrates you have and see what recipes others are using them for: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

Find the 'resources' tab along top, click 'flavor list' search your flavor and then click recipes up top left to see the most popular mixes using that concentrate.

What % were you using the concentrates at? Strawberry is notoriously weak across the board, I have never found one that really pops without a lot of coaxing. Sometimes a drop of blackcurrant helps it shine, sometimes raspberry [recommend Shisha Raspberry from Inawera]

The custard may well need a couple of weeks to steep properly, but even beforehand you should be getting some flavour, if you were mixing it with grape that might drown it out, I've never used this custard or grape so can't really say only advise to cap it up and allow to steep for another week+ in a cool dry cupboard. I've found any grape I tried was strong from the off, again Inawera's is good, with their concentrates you only need 1/3rd the amount you'd use from most others [Capella, TFA etc] so it goes a long way.

Have a look on EL-R, search the concentrates you have and see what recipes others are using them for: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

Find the 'resources' tab along top, click 'flavor list' search your flavor and then click recipes up top left to see the most popular mixes using that concentrate.

Hey, thanks for that, only seeing this now.
    I’ve tried the strawberry and grape so far, both at 7%. Im getting a bit of flavour off them now, still not great though.
    They juice actually tastes quite strong on the tongue but not much when vaping.

Hi
    can anyone tell me how much 72mg nic I need to put into a 25ml bottle of Anarchist-Black 0mg to make it into a 12mg.
    Thanks,
    Slick

slick14 wrote: »
    Hi
    can anyone tell me how much 72mg nic I need to put into a 25ml bottle of Anarchist-Black 0mg to make it into a 12mg.
    Thanks,
    Slick

5ml would bring it to a total of 30ml at 12mg.

Hey, thanks for that, only seeing this now.
    I’ve tried the strawberry and grape so far, both at 7%. Im getting a bit of flavour off them now, still not great though.
    They juice actually tastes quite strong on the tongue but not much when vaping.

Hi,
    I had this exact same problem - everything I was making tasted rubbish. The same as yourself the juice tasted strong on the tongue but like old socks when vaped. So basically it just takes time - it was about 6-8 weeks before the juices I was making tasted really nice. So my advice (which was the advice given to me my several people) - just leave them alone in a dark cool place (give them a shake every once and awhile). It just takes time.
    Hope this helps
    Slick.

5ml would bring it to a total of 30ml at 12mg.

Great that's what I thought but wanted a second opinion before messing with it? Do you think this will ruin the taste?
    Cheers

Great that's what I thought but wanted a second opinion before messing with it? Do you think this will ruin the taste?
    Cheers

It shouldn’t affect it too much if it’s a shortfill, they are expected to be diluted a bit. I’d love to have access to 72mg nic here, anything above 3mg total strength is pushing it when you’re limited to 18mg nic shots.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I had this exact same problem - everything I was making tasted rubbish. The same as yourself the juice tasted strong on the tongue but like old socks when vaped. So basically it just takes time - it was about 6-8 weeks before the juices I was making tasted really nice. So my advice (which was the advice given to me my several people) - just leave them alone in a dark cool place (give them a shake every once and awhile). It just takes time.
    Hope this helps
    Slick.

I had a dodgy bottle of premixed VG/PG. Nothing I could have done would make those juices taste alright. Got some separate bottles from another outlet and I’ve been making decent stuff (for the most part) since.

Advertisement