Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob and Lenny's cross dressing 2018/2019 cyclocross season thread ,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Anybody have a link to watch the World Cup races from Waterloo?

Hopefully I won't get into trouble by a mod, but:

The UCI YouTube Channel's Coverage is Geolocked, but the Women's Race is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxQJUDBm-U

Paste that into a YouTube Proxy Site.

Alas, I didn't get to watch the Men's race with the UCI Channel's Link and FloSports are getting all the "Alternative" links pulled.

Unfortunately it'll be the same craic for Iowa City/Jingle Cross this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jlynch

PM me if anyone is looking for a B race series entry for remaining 3 supercross races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Anyone using hunt all season wheels and/or schwalbe x-one bite tubeless? Need to get some new wheels sorted for this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Bambaata wrote: »
    Anyone using hunt all season wheels and/or schwalbe x-one bite tubeless? Need to get some new wheels sorted for this season!

I am using schwalbe x-one , they are fine, ok in most conditions.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Hunt do a tubeless option to fit/seal/supply for 114 so am tempted to take them up on that.

Cool, tubeless is the schizzle alright, just mind the low pressures sone guys quote, too low and your tyre will just roll of the rim.

Ive always ridden clincher, never experienced the lows of tubs so interested in seeing how these will roll - if i commit! Im in the middle of buying a house!!! Head says no, heart says yes!!

Bambaata wrote: »
    Ive always ridden clincher, never experienced the lows of tubs so interested in seeing how these will roll - if i commit! Im in the middle of buying a house!!! Head says no, heart says yes!!

Tubs or tubeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Any information out there on the UCI Cyclocross race up north this weekend? I heard something about sand! I am registered for support B race and I can't find much information relating to the event. I imagine the circuit will be very tough and technical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

detones wrote: »
    Any information out there on the UCI Cyclocross race up north this weekend? I heard something about sand! I am registered for support B race and I can't find much information relating to the event. I imagine the circuit will be very tough and technical.

http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Bioracer_International_CX_2018_Technical_Guide_v4.pdf
    prob the most detailed Tech guide ever for a CX race

thekooman wrote: »

Thanks for that, course looks a bit ordinary from Aerial view (laps around a few pitches) but I'm sure it will be a different beast up close!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Why do you think the course will be especially hard?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Why do you think the course will be especially hard?

Detones is such a wuss he even considers a muddy puddle hard....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Thanks for that, course looks a bit ordinary from Aerial view (laps around a few pitches) but I'm sure it will be a different beast up close!

I was thinking the same but I watched that video on Facebook earlier today and it certainly looks like it'll have a few interesting features. If it's anyway wet it'll be good craic.

RobFowl wrote: »

I'm surprised you can form an opinion from 50 places behind me ;-)

Tubs or tubeless?

Tubless or tubs, always been on standard clinchers so havent had the feel of lower pressures

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RobFowl wrote: »

I'm surprised you can form an opinion from 50 places behind me ;-)

Ahead of you on sunday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Bump for this, 6 days to go! No registration on the day. Online only.
    Registration is now open for our first Blackwater Park CX race of 2018. Course has had some fettling with some changes. All the NRC crew have been hard at work!

0SGzOLwl.jpg

Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/NavanRoadClub/posts/2530567683635091?comment_id=2531010590257467&notif_id=1537812742668026&notif_t=feed_comment

Direct register link.

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/BlackwaterParkCX

Parking as before, strictly in Navan Aura Leisure just across the road from Blackwater Park entrance

48B5wXWl.jpg

Hope to see some of you guys there. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

I am a tired man after Belfast... but I will be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

G-monee wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a date or venue has been decided for the Leinster champs yet? What about a venue for the Nationals?
    Not that it's my year or anything ��!
    Just trying to book the time off.
    Ta!

Oldcastle CC will be hosting the Leinster Champs this year

https://www.facebook.com/events/558229704634245/

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

Great weather and great racing in Navan today, a real show by promoting club Navan CC, they even had their own barrier tape!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Due to injury I couldn't race navan today. Pics and videos on FB look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Great racing in Navan today, nice additions to the course and as always, free beer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Cheers all, always good to get some feedback.

The course itself gets better year on year, nature really taking control and providing a spectacular setting.

We sent in a request a while back to the gods for some course watering prior to the event with sunshine on the day. Didnt dissapoint!

Im tired now, a Leffe will help the sleep tonight. See you all on the 2nd December for the next feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

very enjoyable day in Navan , well organized and a real good buzz around the place , thanks NRC

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Rode the first race of the Munster league today in Killarney, run by my own club. The weather was dry and warm, and the course fast and hilly with lots of technical hairpins and a spiral.

Read OldVelos' response to the fast and hilly course with lots of technical hairpins and a spiral in Killarney here: http://www.oldvelos.com/the-field/

Enjoy

Brendan

Getting a bit p*ssed off with some of the ringers entering B races. A champs jersey was at the front in Belfast ans AFAICS the gut who won the B race in Navan not just rode the Ras this year but was 2nd in the A race a couple of years ago.
    Some lads need to cop on to themselves, fooling no one, ruining the racing and also leading to lower fields in the A races where they should be..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Do you self declare your category in cyclocross? I imagine you can be a great Cat 1 (A1) racer on road, but brutal on Cyclocross, but given the growing popularity I imagine there should be more formalised grading.

Also is there money to be won? Some people just want glory and will drop down to get whatever the prize is. (Not just in cycling)

Advertisement