Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob and Lenny's cross dressing 2018/2019 cyclocross season thread ,

Options
  • 09-08-2018 5:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope all of you have a happy and muddy cross season.
    Will add races to this post as I get them

Fixx supercross cup

SEP1 Race 1 Sat 14:00 Kilternan
    SEP3 Race 2Sun 10:00 Grange Castle
    OCT2 CX Race 3 Sat 14:00 Greystones
    NOV18 CX Race 4 Sun 10:00 Russborough House and Parklands
    Blessington, County Wicklow,

Series entries Here is the link for entering:
    https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/2018bike7/index.html

Bray CC Killruddery GP on Nov 25th.

Ulster races

Date Event Location Host Club
    Sunday 2 Sep GP Brian Kinning Orangefield Park, Belfast Kinning Cycles
    Sunday 16 Sep Ulster CX Round 1 Lurgan Park Apollo CT
    Sunday 23 Sep
    Ulster CX Round X TBC Lakeland CC
    Sunday 30 Sep Ulster CX Round X TBC Belfast VC Glendale
    Sunday 7 Oct UCI race Mallusk Playing Fields Kinning Cycles
    Sunday 14 Oct Ulster CX Round X Armagh Square Wheels
    Sunday 21 Oct TBC TBC Phoenix CC
    Sunday 28 Oct Ulster CX Round X St. Columb's Park, Derry Foyle CC
    Sunday 4 Nov Ulster CX Round X Donard Park, Newcastle Shimna Wheelers
    Sunday 11 Nov Ulster CX Round X Ormeau Park, Belfast Xmtb
    Sunday 18 Nov Ulster CX Round X Delamont Park, Killinchy Killinchy CC
    Sunday 9 Dec Ulster CX Championships TBC Island Wheelers
    Sunday 6 Jan Omagh Wheelers event Ecclesville Centre, Fintona Omagh Wheelers
    Sunday 13 Jan Irish National Cyclo-cross Championships TBC Munster TBC

2018 Munster CX League Dates
    Round Date Event Online Entry Results
    Round 1 16th September 2018 Killarney CC, Killarney, Co. Kerry Not Open
    Round 2 23rd September 2018 St Finbarrs CC, Co. Cork Not Open
    Round 3 21st October 2018 Burren Racing Team, Ennis, Co. Clare Not Open
    Round 4 28th October 2018 Revolution CC, Mallow, Co. Cork Not Open
    Round 5 11th November 2018 De Ronde van Cork, Cork. Not Open
    Round 6 25th November 2018 Upperchurch Drombane CC, Thurles, Co. Tipperary Not Open
    Round 7 9th December 2018 Clonmel CC, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary Not Open

Non League Munster Events
    Date Event Online Entry Results
    3rd November 2018 Sliabh Luachra CC Not Open
    16th December 2018 Over The Hill CC Not Open
    6th January 2019 Youghal CC Not Open

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Woohoo - my annual dose of pushing robfowl into a bush!! :)

Im going back to single speed this year cos derailleurs suck big time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

lennymc wrote: »

What ratio for you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i think i used to use about 2:1, it was a slog, and i tended to do a lot of running up hills....

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Anybody got any information on the Navan CX races?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

Bray CC Killruddery GP on Nov 25th... gears for this race...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

it was a slog, and i tended to do a lot of running up hills....

Hmmmmm, sounds tempting but I think I'll hang onto my gears until someone invents downhill CX....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

What was our head to head record last year Mr No gears ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Updated with Ulster races and Bray race

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hope all of you have a happy and muddy cross season.
    Will add races to this post as I get them

Fixx supercross cup

SEP1 Race 1 Sat 14:00 Kilternan
    SEP3 Race 2Sun 10:00 Grange Castle
    OCT2 CX Race 3 Sat 14:00 Greystones
    NOV18 CX Race 4 Sun 10:00 Russborough House and Parklands
    Blessington, County Wicklow,

Series entries Here is the link for entering:
    https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/2018bike7/index.html

Bray CC Killruddery GP on Nov 25th.

Ulster races

Date Event Location Host Club
    Sunday 2 Sep GP Brian Kinning Orangefield Park, Belfast Kinning Cycles
    Sunday 16 Sep Ulster CX Round 1 Lurgan Park Apollo CT
    Sunday 23 Sep
    Ulster CX Round X TBC Lakeland CC
    Sunday 30 Sep Ulster CX Round X TBC Belfast VC Glendale
    Sunday 7 Oct UCI race Mallusk Playing Fields Kinning Cycles
    Sunday 14 Oct Ulster CX Round X Armagh Square Wheels
    Sunday 21 Oct TBC TBC Phoenix CC
    Sunday 28 Oct Ulster CX Round X St. Columb's Park, Derry Foyle CC
    Sunday 4 Nov Ulster CX Round X Donard Park, Newcastle Shimna Wheelers
    Sunday 11 Nov Ulster CX Round X Ormeau Park, Belfast Xmtb
    Sunday 18 Nov Ulster CX Round X Delamont Park, Killinchy Killinchy CC
    Sunday 9 Dec Ulster CX Championships TBC Island Wheelers
    Sunday 6 Jan Omagh Wheelers event Ecclesville Centre, Fintona Omagh Wheelers
    Sunday 13 Jan Irish National Cyclo-cross Championships TBC Munster TBC

Does anyone know if bray is the Leinster championships? Its important to know, because nationals gridding places were based on the provincial championships last year. Leinster riders weren't assigned as many points as Ulster riders because the turnout for the Leinster champs were low. It would be nice to know in advance this year. To be clear, this was not brays fault, their race was only assigned as the Leinster champs a week or two beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Has there actually been any recorded incidents of RobFowl being pushed into a bush?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Does anyone know if bray is the Leinster championships? Its important to know, because nationals gridding places were based on the provincial championships last year. Leinster riders weren't assigned as many points as Ulster riders because the turnout for the Leinster champs were low. It would be nice to know in advance this year. To be clear, this was not brays fault, their race was only assigned as the Leinster champs a week or two beforehand.

To answer with a question, are the criteria for Januarys CX nationals gridding published anywhere yet?

No one knew (OK I didn't know) the gridding was based mainly on the provincial champs last year, The assumption was it was based on the relevant provincial league

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Has there actually been any recorded incidents of RobFowl being pushed into a bush?

I don't usually have to be pushed #BoomBoom

Peterx wrote: »
    To answer with a question, are the criteria for Januarys CX nationals gridding published anywhere yet?

No one knew (OK I didn't know) the gridding was based mainly on the provincial champs last year, The assumption was it was based on the relevant provincial league

http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/2018/08/13/cyclo-cross-racing-organisers-appeal/

Grirding was based on provincial champs and UCI points I think. Fixx series etc had no baring on gridding.

Grirding was based on provincial champs and UCI points I think. Fixx series etc had no baring on gridding.

Yes that is exactly what happened but I had understood beforehand that provincial leagues were going to be used and is part of the reason why there wasn't a date or venue for the Leinster provincial championships last year until very late in the day.

I only did the "Leinster championships" as I wanted to support the Bray Wheelers lads putting on a CX race, which in itself only became the provincial champs a few days before the event.

I must go and google fu the exact situation this year but last year the criteria were unclear (to me) until after the provincial champs were over.

The cycling Ireland rules and regulations page http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/offroad-racing/rules-and-regulations/

leads to http://www.cyclingireland.ie/documents/tr-r--2011-final-jan-11-v18.aspx

which returns a:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /documents/tr-r--2011-final-jan-11-v18.aspx

In fairness the season hasn't started yet.

Peterx wrote: »
    Yes that is exactly what happened but I had understood beforehand that provincial leagues were going to be used and is part of the reason why there wasn't a date or venue for the Leinster provincial championships last year until very late in the day.

I only did the "Leinster championships" as I wanted to support the Bray Wheelers lads putting on a CX race, which in itself only became the provincial champs a few days before the event.

I must go and google fu the exact situation this year but last year the criteria were unclear (to me) until after the provincial champs were over.

100% agree. I think Leinster M40 was 1 or 2 people short of the number of competitors required to achieve double points(which Ulster achieved).
    Ultimately not big stuff but important to a individual who has set goals for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Anybody got any information on the Navan CX races?

We are waiting on CI to confirm our two requested dates. We will advertise as soon as they get their act in gear. :cool:

2018 Munster CX League Dates
    Round Date Event Online Entry Results
    Round 1 16th September 2018 Killarney CC, Killarney, Co. Kerry Not Open
    Round 2 23rd September 2018 St Finbarrs CC, Co. Cork Not Open
    Round 3 21st October 2018 Burren Racing Team, Ennis, Co. Clare Not Open
    Round 4 28th October 2018 Revolution CC, Mallow, Co. Cork Not Open
    Round 5 11th November 2018 De Ronde van Cork, Cork. Not Open
    Round 6 25th November 2018 Upperchurch Drombane CC, Thurles, Co. Tipperary Not Open
    Round 7 9th December 2018 Clonmel CC, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary Not Open

Non League Events
    Date Event Online Entry Results
    3rd November 2018 Sliabh Luachra CC Not Open
    16th December 2018 Over The Hill CC Not Open
    6th January 2019 Youghal CC Not Open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Any update on navan yet? Cuchulainn cc are holding their winter cx league. Bike station shop in Dundalk. Starts 6th Sept. Enteries capped at 50 and all info on club fb page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Any update on navan yet? Cuchulainn cc are holding their winter cx league. Bike station shop in Dundalk. Starts 6th Sept. Enteries capped at 50 and all info on club fb page

Provisionally Sunday 14th October and Sunday 2nd December for Navan CX

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

Bray CX race NOT the leinster champs this year... dates for Leinster champs to be 9th of December...

Details about the UCI ranked international cross race in Belfast

http://www.cyclingulster.com/bioracer-atlasssian-international-uci-cyclocross/

Bioracer – Atlasssian International UCI Cyclocross

Aug 16, 2018

The Irish cyclocross scene both north and south of the border has seen phenomenal growth in recent years and it takes another huge step forward this coming season with it’s inaugural UCI race, the Bioracer – Atlasssian International Cyclocross, promoted by Kinning Cycles, taking place in Belfast on Sunday October 7th. The event is also supported by co-sponsors McKinley Contracts.

The event, a UCI C2 graded race, is the first of it’s kind ever to take place in Ireland and will see witness to international riders from the USA, Italy and France so far as well as the best riders on the Irish domestic circuit.

The Bioracer – Atlasssian International Cyclocross boasts one of the highest prize funds for any single day bike race in Ireland, with almost 4,000 euro spread across the UCI events. Women will receive equal prize money to men, another milestone for Irish cyclocross.

With valuable UCI points up for grabs in the Junior, Women’s and Men’s elite events, the racing is sure to be exciting. The course in Mallusk, just outside Belfast has been used for previous Ulster Championships and is a mixture of fast straights, cambers and road sections to provide a diverse range of conditions for riders.

The event was born out of a conversation between Glenn Kinning and Cycling Ireland Cyclocross Coordinator Andy Layhe earlier this year. Layhe said, “Driving to the last World Championships, myself and Glenn saw no reason why we couldn’t organise a bigger event back home because it seemed like a natural progression alongside the huge growth of the sport here.” Layhe added, “I take my hat off to Glenn for organising so many events through the season alongside his own racing – if it were not for committed people like Glenn the scene wouldn’t be where it is today.”

Peter Van den Abeele, UCI Head of Off-Road and Deputy Sports Director echoed the progression of Irish Cyclocross that saw the largest ever team take part in last season’s world championships, “It is great to have a UCI cyclocross event taking place in Ireland for the first time. I thank Glenn Kinning – athlete, coach and event organiser – and his team for taking on the challenge of hosting an international event. This addition to the UCI International Calendar is in line with the continued globalisation of the cyclocross discipline, which is reaching an ever-increasing number of countries outside the traditional cyclocross nations. I have no doubt that the BioRacer Atlasssian International Cyclocross will delight the spectators and provide a magnificent showcase for our sport. I wish everyone racing in Mallusk, Belfast, the best of luck.”

The full day’s race schedule is yet to be finalised, but will include a series of supporting events including U14, U16, B race, M40 and M50 events prior to the official UCI races.

The organisers would also like to thank the passionate cyclocross community who have assisted in donating to a Crowdfunding page that was set up to help raise funds for the event. The £1000 fund target was met in just 7 days. Details of the crowdfunding page can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/international-cyclocross-race-irl

The organisers look forward to welcoming everyone to the event which is hoped will generate a great atmosphere and some really exciting racing.

A dedicated web page for the event will be live soon. If you or your company would like to be involved or require more information please email info@kinningcycles.com

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

RobFowl wrote: »

The full day’s race schedule is yet to be finalised, but will include a series of supporting events including U14, U16, B race, M40 and M50 events prior to the official UCI races.

Really looking forward to this. Definitely going to do the B race and stay to watch the main event!

25sean wrote: »
    Bray CX race NOT the leinster champs this year... dates for Leinster champs to be 9th of December...

Hmmm. 9th just leaves EPIC, a new race organiser or ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hmmm. 9th just leaves EPIC, a new race organiser or ?????

I'm pretty sure there'll be another EPIC CX race in Dublin...

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there'll be another EPIC CX race in Dublin...
    On the 9th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

On the 9th?

Not sure yet m8, the calendar is pretty busy so have to await confirmation..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any tyre (clincher) recommendations for racing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Well that was great craic! No idea where I came - somewhere between middle and back I'd say.

Advertisement