Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob and Lenny's cross dressing 2018/2019 cyclocross season thread ,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

RobFowl wrote: »
    Seeing as how Lenny is chickening out of cross so far I will have to put you in the ditch Detones....

You'll have to catch me first ;-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

detones wrote: »
    You'll have to catch me first ;-)

I did in Belfast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

detones wrote: »
    Looking forward to it luke. Looks a great set up. Fair play for all hard work. There should be a couple from VCB going. Is the course the same as nationals ( secretly hoping it's a LOT easier than that ;-)) hard to make out on map.

I think it's close to being similar.

It's our first year, so I need to know how the course marking poles will last, hence the "?".

I'm not happy with the Long-Short Pit Length, but with the Dublin Mountain Way foot and paw traffic I can't put in more crossings, as I'd need more marshals.

I hope it goes well, it's been a tough 6 weeks, with all the start up details to put in place, as it's all of our first CI Event, and there's lots of contacts to make for a CX event. Robin, Terry and Sean have been really great with the help they've given us over the last few months.

I'll put out a Startlist article tonight (so everyone knows their number and grid position), and get the highlight results out on Sunday, and the rest of the results out when I get them from EliteTiming.

Sounds like it will be great Luke. It's a fantastic venue.

Christ, it's late.

The Startlist, Gridding and a Preview, for the Scott Orwell Wheelers CycloCross Race 2018.
    Article: Scott Orwell Wheelers CycloCross Race 2018 - Startlist, Gridding and Preview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Gerry

Great stuff Luke, will give that a read. I will be there tomorrow after all. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

At least one boardsie gridded...

Sandpits are soft and fluffy for yis/ye/yous.

Check out the before and after shots in the comments:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2221124658176662/permalink/2235957223360072/

Great event today, surprising how well the course held up. Despite feeling like I've made progress in my fitness i really struggled, still I finished in one piece with no offs. Thanks Luke and all who helped organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Ya, that was a hard pull up the hill!

• Advertisement

Well done luke and all in Orwell for a great days racing today.

Cheers Lads.

Full Results: Scott Orwell Wheelers CycloCross Race 2018 (Google Sheets).
    Use the Tabs/Pages at the bottom to scroll between the Races.

Results Article: Scott Orwell Wheelers CycloCross Race 2018 - Report, Results and Thank You.
    I'll add the report after work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Doc07

Well done Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Folks, doing my first CX race on a hardtail 29r in russborough house next Sunday. So looking for a bit of advice.

What kinda tyre pressure should I go for?
    Should I setup saddle height the same as a road bike?
    Any other tips?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Thanks to all at Orwell for a great event yesterday.
    The GAP is a super venue, can't beat former golf clubs for drying up quickly after heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Have your saddle height and setback the same as your road bike. No real ideal tyre pressure for cx, soft but not too soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Peterx wrote: »
    Thanks to all at Orwell for a great event yesterday.
    The GAP is a super venue, can't beat former golf clubs for drying up quickly after heavy rain.

Couldn't believe how well it held up after the previous days.

Superb race put on by Orwell and Luke. Well done.

The only thing I could fault was having to do that feckin climb a bunch of times :pac: ... not to the liking of the bigger lads! :)

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Have your saddle height and setback the same as your road bike. No real ideal tyre pressure for cx, soft but not too soft.

The MTB will easily have enough grip for cx. So to keep things rolling i would go for high pressures. Unless it is really muddy I would be going for 35-40 psi front and rear, adjust that depending on which you feel is more likely to lose grip.

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Couldn't believe how well it held up after the previous days.

Superb race put on by Orwell and Luke. Well done.

The only thing I could fault was having to do that feckin climb a bunch of times :pac: ... not to the liking of the bigger lads! :)

Loved the course and loved the race.

Hill not designed for auld lumps like me though but good to do a hilly race every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

twas a grand aul day alright, club barrier tape seems to be the going rate these days! we've come a long way...

In other news, Killruddery GP is in 2 weeks time on NOV 25th, Sunday. Registration is now open...

https://fs27.formsite.com/BrayWheelers/form1/index.html

Hope to see you all there

There WILL be mud....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

We can sell you a few half used rolls Sean.;)
    About time we got some mud, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

This going to be class when it's finished - http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/2018/11/13/cyclocross-makes-its-mark-at-the-national-sports-campus/

Can wait to see this open and some races on it!

SuperSean wrote: »
    This going to be class when it's finished - http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/2018/11/13/cyclocross-makes-its-mark-at-the-national-sports-campus/

Can wait to see this open and some races on it!

What a time to be alive....

Hard course by WORC yesterday.
    Super Series, as always.

I had a sore hamstring, and knew I wouldn't last too long, so I started at the back.
    I had a bit of craic battling the other 5 lads back there.

There was serious mud in the other, less famous Supercross Cup.
    https://www.instagram.com/supercross_cup/

I seen the Belgian Project Article about David Conroy racing in Belgium, there was a photo album in it and I present...
    Belgian Glenn Kinning

https://www.facebook.com/253522081821262/photos/a.500152787158189/500158393824295/?type=3&theater

Super Series, as always.

I had a sore hamstring, and knew I wouldn't last too long, so I started at the back.

It was tough !

As an aside, don't think I have even seen so much cow sh*te in my life.......

Super Series, as always.

I started to fall back to the rear of the field and ended up in no man's land with no one around me. Meant I was able to make a good run at the ramps and got over all bar the last two on the bike. Shoe cried enough again so i pulled out with 2 laps remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Jesus, that was the toughest race I've been in since the Nationals in Swords a few years ago
    Got a brutal start, went waaaaay into the red, spent the first 3 laps falling off, incl a big OTB on the tricky left hander
    In bits today from all the ahem... "running"

Roll on Kilruddery - any ideas what it;s like? Technical like yesterday?

Killruddery GP this Sunday! Looks to be a shlippery one!

The course is very similar to last year with a number of new features making more use of forest secions etc...

Parking will be in the main car park, as are the pits
    Sign on and Start/Finish is in the upper field
    Tea/Coffee, soup and snacks are availableon the day in hte market area, toilets near here also
    Gridding will be based on results from last years Killruddery GP

All updates and other information is on our FB page..

Registration closes on Saturday at 1600.. sign on available on the day...

https://fs27.formsite.com/BrayWheelers/form1/index.html

NOTE! A race at 1200, B race at 1330...

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

grma

New cleats and loads of threadlock for tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have a repeat of my last three outings.

• Advertisement

Big thanks to Sean and all the crew from Bray Wheelers. Had great fun out there today. Tough and challenging with all that mud.

Advertisement