Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob and Lenny's cross dressing 2018/2019 cyclocross season thread ,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Finally some proper mud. Thanks Sean and Bray for a great race

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

More than welcome guys, thanks for coming! still cleaning the mud out of my eyes while looking for a Koksijde stream...

Full results up on FB page as soon as I get them,,,

Navan next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Yes indeed, thanks Sean et al, good course - loved the singletrack , although it took me until the last lap to figure out how to ride it all cleanly

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Tough course.
    I just about got round, I'm not sure how people raced it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Tough course.
    I just about got round, I'm not sure how people raced it.

I plodded, very tough course.
    Brought down by a crash a few times and spent a few minutes having to untangle tape from my bike as a result.
    That said i enjoyed it (took me about an hour after to come to that conclusion though ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Cuchulainn cc are promoting the louth champs this Thursday. Registration on the night (bike station shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Any race in Leinster on the weekend of 15th/16th December?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Online registration for Leinster CX Champs is open on Cycling Ireland website, entry is licence based so you need to log in to see the event.

There won't be any sign-on on the day due to the number or races being ran.

Registration closed next Wed. 5th at midnight.

**Please note this is the 2019 Season so all categories move forward a year**

Make sure you select the correct race;

U12 = Riders born in 2007 or 2008

U14 = Riders born in 2005 or 2006

U16 = Riders born in 2003 or 2004

Junior = Riders born in 2001 or 2002

Senior/U23 = Riders born in 2000 and older

M30 = Riders born in 1980 to 1989

M40 = Riders born in 1970 to 1979

M50 = Riders born in 1960 to 1969

M60 = Riders born in 1959 and older

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

calistro wrote: »
    M40 = Riders born in 1970 to 1979

You basterd..

Just made me realise this is the last time I can do this as an M40....

• Advertisement

Where all the CX racers at ?

Fairly quiet on the entry front, number so far with registration closing on Wed. night are:

A Race - 7
    Vets - 19
    B Race - 9
    Ladies - 4
    Jnr's - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

calistro wrote: »
    Where all the CX racers at ?

Fairly quiet on the entry front, number so far with registration closing on Wed. night are:

A Race - 7
    Vets - 19
    B Race - 9
    Ladies - 4
    Jnr's - 2
    Signed up now. Thanks for the kick

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mattie500

Over The Hill CC are running a CX race in Watergrasshill Co. Cork (just off the M8) on December 16th. Entry via CI portal is up and running.

Great championships by Oldcastle. Well done calistro.

It was my first time to Kells and to the course. I really enjoyed the day.
    ...It might've coincided with my best performance of the season.

The bike is now all washed and polished and ready for club road spins.

It was my first time to Kells and to the course. I really enjoyed the day. ...It might've coincided with my best performance of the season.

Great championships by Oldcastle. Well done calistro.

The bike is now all washed and polished and ready for club road spins.

Glad you enjoyed it, the whole club really pulled together for it. Wouldn't put the knobblies away just yet, surely you'll need to get the bike muddy again at the Nationals. Thanks for the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭25sean

Did you try the post race pizza Luke?!

Great day out and epic course, you couldn't take your eyes off it for a minute, something for everyone, looking forward to next year!

Gotta go polish my medal, laterzzzz...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Hey. Does anyone know the CX nationals course in fota? Is there alot of long climbs or short steep ramps, is there Forrest sections, is there off cambre sections etc etc. Any help appreciated , I am just hoping to include some relevant intervals in my prep. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

A bit like yourself - I've done very little!

The venue is near me here in Cork, but I'm not sure what my colleagues in De Ronde have planned. However, the St Finbarrs events there from 2016-17 inspired these two blogs from OldVelos which may help, just a little

http://www.oldvelos.com/the-east-cork-ploughing-championships/

http://www.midletonctc.com/single-post/2016/10/11/FOTAFINISHThe-Crossbarrs-CX-Race

Brendan

This was the course for the first race in 2016 https://www.strava.com/activities/739204607

Hi all,

I'm sure some of you will be travelling to Cork for the Nationals at Fota. Look forward to meeting ye there.

Here's the OldVelos take on last week's race in Youghal

http://www.oldvelos.com/ode-to-a-mighty-gael/

Brendan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

CX Nationals set up for tomorrow looks super, fair play to De Ronde

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Any pics or reports from today, heard bits and pieces through the clubs mails/whatsapp messages but nothing on twitter from CI, seemed odd. Best I got was from Gary McIlroy who had some nice tweets up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a couple of bits on stickybottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Congrats to Mick Jordan of Tallaght Wheelers, placed 3rd in M50, well done Mick.

Fixed that , only looks 50 though ;)

Hi all and a big well done to all the riders,

I'm sure Mick Jordan is not only happy to achieve his bronze, but to do so in M40 as well! Actually he was third in M50 and Seán Ó Tuathaill (of this forum) did exactly that in M40. I'm afraid I don't know other board members by their handles. You might recognise some names here: http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/2019-cycling-ireland-cx-championships-results/24216

The event was a great success and huge kudos to De Ronde Van Cork, Cycling Ireland commissares, sponsors, supporters, coffee stalls and spectators - the MC was excellent as well. I'm sure big thanks to Fota House will see the event brought back there another year.

For the likes of me - committed B riders - we were also welcome and the longer course lengtherned our day out as well as our pain before we were finally overtaken.

It was interesting to hear that the old adage 'pressure is for tyres' undoing great riders as well as us scrubbers. Few licks more of glue for some tubulars too.

Sean Rowe will no doubt have his usual great photos.

We'll get a write up onto www.OldVelos.com - but God knows what we have left to say!

Brendan

The results should be posted on Cyclocross24.com soon enough.
    https://cyclocross24.com/race/?race=9493

The UCI Rankings are here, they have not been updated yet.
    https://cyclocross24.com/uciranking/?cat=ME&season=2018-2019&land=Ireland

Wow, Robin did not even make the M40 podium !
    Did anything happen or was he just beaten on the day....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

"Robin's wings sensationally clipped"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

RobFowl wrote: »
    Wow, Robin did not even make the M40 podium !
    Did anything happen or was he just beaten on the day....

I think everyone just has a bad day at the office..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Outstanding event/show put on by de Ronde down in Fota Island.
    They really did seem to cover almost everything and the weather played ball too, which makes it a much better day all round for everyone, especially supporters and spectators.
    The senior women's race, well the last 5 minutes of it I saw from when they came down the ramp for the last time was just super racing. The young girl went for it, the front two covered the move, they must have passed each other 3 times then from there to the finishing straight where Laura Gillespie just showed both smarts and power to sprint clear for the win. Super super racing. The excitement at the finish line watching it was electric.
    The senior men's race was good too but in the end there was daylight between the medals. In the women's race with 200m to go 3 women were in the hunt for the gold.
    I rode the masters and, if I may say so, had an absolute stormer by my own standards. Probably my best CX ride ever helped by getting the tyre pressure spot on - more luck then judgement.
    And I was still behind the bould Robin who had a bad day at the office. It's all about standards, hey!
    Kevin Keane did well to work his way up to 6th from an ungridded start and the mighty Sean O'Tuathaill put on the tunes from his wheelbarrow for the senior race, after collecting his M40 bronze.
    The venue, the set-up, the marshalling, all top notch. I counted 7 marshalls out minding the shamrock series of turns in the senior race. 7!
    Thanks again to all at de Ronde and your sponsors.

See you in September:p

Advertisement