Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Pops_20 wrote: »
    I posted something similar a couple of weeks ago. The country is gone mad!

To put this in perspective, I sold my 99 model this time last year for 2,800. Mine had more original bits, lower mileage and I felt it was sold for a fair price.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-glanza/20031184

All the 90's jap stuff is only going up in value. Once they hit 25 years old you can get classic insurance and have one as a second car. In 5 years that car could be worth 7 grand with mint ones going for 10. Your not exactly waiting around for the cheap tax with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Interslice wrote: »
    All the 90's jap stuff is only going up in value. Once they hit 25 years old you can get classic insurance and have one as a second car. In 5 years that car could be worth 7 grand with mint ones going for 10. Your not exactly waiting around for the cheap tax with them.

This, it's a relatively niche market - people think pricing on jap import stuff is mad but try and buy a pug 205gti or heaven forbid any ford older than a 95 these days and you'll see real madness :wow:

They only need to be 20 years old for classic with the right company too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

This, it's a relatively niche market - people think pricing on jap import stuff is mad but try and buy a pug 205gti or heaven forbid any ford older than a 95 these days and you'll see real madness :wow:

They only need to be 20 years old for classic with the right company too :)

Would they do the 20 year old deal on a jap import?

Did for me anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I thought some companies wouldn't touch Japanese cars for classic insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Depends on the company. I could only find one company (Autoline) that would insure my 95 Jap Import but not until I'm 30 :(

The rest said they don't insure "that type of car".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I thought some companies wouldn't touch Japanese cars for classic insurance?

AXA will anyway

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Depends on the company. I could only find one company (Autoline) that would insure my 95 Jap Import but not until I'm 30 :(

The rest said they don't insure "that type of car".

They seem to apply that to certain cars and not others, they wouldnt insure me on an evo vii, but would on my current import (not an evo)

Their policies are underwritten by allianz, so a possible avenue to go direct maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

And I thought there wasn’t much meth in the country.

Also: Park old car outside fancy house with fancy stone = huge price. Nobody’s falling for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Never ever sees rain either apparently. What ever way that's ment to put your mind at ease about?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Never ever sees rain either apparently. What ever way that's ment to put your mind at ease about?

Haven’t a clue. I’m willing to bet that it’s been sprayed at some point, or at least some of it. The bumpers and mud flaps are far too clean as with the front grille. Silver is also the worst colour for them.

What would be a more realistic number for it?

Closer to 4/5k?

Closer to 4/5k?

Only said it a few weeks ago one sold here with 100k on the clock for if I remember correctly 1200. Gtfx one, black. Stored in a garage for the last 8 years too. I missed out on it by a few hours, didn’t even know it was for sale. I think at the time someone posted a dd link here to one for 7k.

I don’t know is the answer. Who knows. Jap stuff is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There was another one for sale a few months ago that had a full restoration, think it was 8k? Also in Cork

Edit, here it is
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/corolla-gt-fx-20v/19387155

NDU4Njg1NzkzOGZjNmNjZWFkNGNjZDVmNTYyNmZjOTJizRSjfEKYkHNLfi9pz1zvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDU5NTY5MTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Yeah its lovely and all but €8500 & no offers?

Vehicle Registration Number: 95C16989
    Vehicle Details: TOYOTA / OTHER
    Change Of Vehicle Ownership

No Changes notified in the last 3 months
    Vehicle Registration Certificate

No Vehicle Registration Certificate issued in the last: 3months

Bear in mind they’re asking prices not sold prices. Who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Closer to 4/5k?

I'd say €3K would be a very good price for it

liam7831 wrote: »
    I'd say €3K would be a very good price for it

I think around €5k would be about right. I wouldn’t pay that for one but plenty would.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Was thinking €5k ish myself. They are scarce now and there is a certain appeal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd give him 2k for it since it's a 20V and not a 1.3..... Who cares anyways if it's a 20V... Everyone out there is gonna see it as a 1.3 anyways. There is no appeal in it for me, it still looks like something your Grand mother bought in the 90's when you were making your communion. He would not get a cent more then 2k from me. It would have to be in great condition to.

• Advertisement

I'd give him 2k for it since it's a 20V and not a 1.3..... Who cares anyways if it's a 20V... Everyone out there is gonna see it as a 1.3 anyways. There is no appeal in it for me, it still looks like something your Grand mother bought in the 90's when you were making your communion. He would not get a cent more then 2k from me. It would have to be in great condition to.

I think you’re being a bit harsh on it, fair enough they don’t look anything special, and 160bhp isn’t a lot by modern standards but the 8500rpm redline makes the car special IMO. Plus you have the rarity and the very thing that you don’t like about them makes them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think you’re being a bit harsh on it, fair enough they don’t look anything special, and 160bhp isn’t a lot by modern standards but the 8500rpm redline makes the car special IMO. Plus you have the rarity and the very thing that you don’t like about them makes them great.

Redline is only 7700 on them isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

rex-x wrote: »
    Redline is only 7700 on them isnt it?

Yes on the sivertop which that is and blacktop is higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

So, you don't like it so it's worth €2k, basically?

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

What's the 5th photo meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭blade1

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    The cell he will be kept in for attempted robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Looks like it has been painted with cans of spraypaint

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement