Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

6.5k for a knackered Vauxhall calibre, no keys, no log book, UK plates. No dreamers he says! I wouldn't take it for free! Use it for halloween as a bonfire in my opinion.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vauxhall-calibra-v-6-limited-edition/19740628

Looks like who ever did that to it had Halloween in mind, I agree only a parts car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like who ever did that to it had Halloween in mind, I agree only a parts car

"Very unique" mind :rolleyes:

What happened to the paintwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

6.5k for a knackered Vauxhall calibre, no keys, no log book, UK plates. No dreamers he says! I wouldn't take it for free! Use it for halloween as a bonfire in my opinion.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vauxhall-calibra-v-6-limited-edition/19740628

Ferrari style ???

Do they have some sort of cult following those cars? Because I thought they were tacky and derivative even when new

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ferrari style ???

Do they have some sort of cult following those cars? Because I thought they were tacky and derivative even when new

In the UK. Not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No keys or logbook is the icing on the cake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭pah

"Very unique" mind :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

There are no varying degrees of unique ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I’d actually kinda like it, if it was finished well it wouldn’t be totally terrible.
    Are they RWD? Obnoxious drift car that’s a little left of field? :pac:

Edit: Did my research, noooooope!

pah wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

There are no varying degrees of unique ffs

A fellow pedant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/420i-turbo-grand-coupe/20080512

Not exactly dreaming if you look purely at the specs - a 2015 4 series BMW. But then when you look at the bodykit and bonnet...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Looks well, just a shame about the engine in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What happened to the paintwork?

Sun damaging the pigment in the paint turns it like that. It happens a lot of red cars especially if they are single stage paint jobs i.e. no lacquer layer on top.

A machine polish would see it right again.

Sun damaging the pigment in the paint turns it like that. It happens a lot of red cars especially if they are single stage paint jobs i.e. no lacquer layer on top.

A machine polish would see it right again.

Thought something like that, but didn't realise it could get that bad :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thought something like that, but didn't realise it could get that bad :eek:

It can be so bad that the paint is white. Pink is only the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-407-coupe-by-quotpininfarina-quot/20225225

ODE0ZTI0Yzc2YjZmNzdhZDBhY2UyNzIwNGQ1N2I5NjW96Jm3txH9WV8IJyD3IaaMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTIwMDcxNjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

07 2.2 manual, €5k

We had one in bangernomics for €900 not too long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

They said the 406 Coupe would be a future classic but they ended up being scrappers. You can buy one for 50p in the UK. This 407 Coupe will be the same. Nice looking car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

They said the 406 Coupe would be a future classic but they ended up being scrappers. You can buy one for 50p in the UK. This 407 Coupe will be the same. Nice looking car though.

The 406 Will be, certainly the hdi and V6 models. They're currently in banger territory however. All cars go through that stage.

Nice looking car alright. Very briefly considered one when they first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Gonna be waiting a long time for a 4 figure sum for that 407 coupe (coming from an owner of one)

I disagree on the 406 coupe comment. I do believe that will be a future classic and clean HDi or V6 examples in the UK are appreciating (albeit not much and from rock bottom) at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭elperello

homik wrote: »

Straight deal offer was €6,500.
    Good vans but not that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It could make a nice laundry van.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

It could make a nice laundry van.

Are you alleging that Al Hayes motors are involved in money laundering with the traveller community?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Are you alleging that Al Hayes motors are involved in money laundering with the traveller community?

Not at all. I'm just saying with the side door it would be excellent for loading the dirty laundry in through the rear doors and the nice clean sheets out the side door. Can't imagine why you thought otherwise..

ba_barabus wrote: »
    The 406 Will be, certainly the hdi and V6 models. They're currently in banger territory however. All cars go through that stage.

If only we knew for certain which cars would become an in demand classic which would pull in a premium. We could all make ourselves a few bob!

I don't see a 406 coupe in 10 years time becoming anything different in terms of value or demand then it is today. Aesthetically they were pretty cars, but the interior was the same as a regular 406 saloon... Dash is identical, wonder why peugeot did not give it a new look on the inside to make it stand out abit. I say this because after all it was a Pininfarina design, Peugeot should have gave it a new interior to make it more individual from the regular line up. I only ever saw a handful of these coupes on our roads ever.

2007' Peugeot 407 for 3,445. Get the fck out of here! I'll give you 950 or a kick in the arse!

https://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/407/peugeot-407-2007/14679891

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

2007' Peugeot 407 for 3,445. Get the fck out of here! I'll give you 950 or a kick in the arse!

https://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/407/peugeot-407-2007/14679891

Only 250 miles since the NCT in 2016?
    Am i reading that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What's high spec about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

the 406 coupes were a lovely looking car and the higher specd ones came with a lot and nice interior but the electrics were a pile of rubbish and they werent up to the quality of the BMW 3 series that they were marketed against

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    What's high spec about it?

Has a really cool personalized plate. A must for any Peugeot fan.

E04013-E3-B337-4-EE4-9480-22186574-B541.jpg

Pity it’s on a 407 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement